Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out Call Options at 900. That's the main event for sure.
Getting some popcorn kernels for the battle near close today.

1647617580450.png

Nice outperformance. Today is triple witching and also index rebalancing, where s&p funds have to buy back ~20% of elon's sales from last year at close. This is per my calculations and I don't have a confirmation.

If the calcs are right, brace for some fire works near close and don't get caught short calls if you do that sort of a thing.

Resorts World Las Vegas hopes to have its Boring Co. tunnel between the Strip property and the Las Vegas Convention Center open next month, the property’s top officer told the Nevada Gaming Commission Thursday...[and ] he’s optimistic the system will be available to attendees of the National Association of Broadcasters convention April 23-27... [and] he expects eight Tesla vehicles would be dedicated to the Resorts World connection.

Nobody knows everything. You have to mix them together. Sandy understands exoskeleton applications and production scale paint shop costs that are critical to CT. Seems to me a good investor is looking for as much input from varied sources as can be had.

More information is not always better. Particularly if it's from a source that, on the surface, should be trusted. It's difficult to ignore information presented in an authoritative manner.

I attribute my success as an investor over the years by actually sharply limiting the amount of input from specific places. In particular, everything on TV. Especially brokerage analysts and talking heads. I particularly avoid listening to any predictions of share price movements and over/under valuation talk. I've found it's counter-productive to my portfolio performance unless I'm able to use them as contrarian indicators. When I am exposed to those sources, I generally do the mental equivalent of this:

Remember, dead people can't hear, and they have better portfolio performance than people who are alive.

It's not that I don't want to hear something unpleasant, it's that there is too much bad and misleading information to parse for investment purposes and that by limiting it to fewer sources, it can lead to better performance. It's important that you don't filter information based upon what confirms or conflicts with your personal beliefs but that you filter information in a wholesale manner. Sure, I miss plenty of accurate information, but the overall effect on my performance is worth it. We are bombarded with low-quality, misleading and short-term info. It's easy to over-complicate investing or to over-look simple but relevant factors. Simplifying can generally bring a better, more accurate perspective to complex scenarios.

Munro has a ton of expertise, but he often opines outside his areas of expertise. I will generally listen to what Munro has to say but discount it heavily or entirely if he's outside his area of expertise or it doesn't make any sense (as in the case of the woven carbon fiber rotor wrap). Sometimes you actually know more than the 'experts'. Artificial intelligence using neural nets is well outside Munro's area of expertise. The problem here is the nature of the human brain is that it's difficult to discount something you have already heard. Not hearing things, to your advantage, is a learned skill.

When is Tesla going to start testing cars without drivers in them?

Videos like this are going to take over the FSD conversation, where there's literally no one in the driver's seat

If / when Tesla starts testing cars without drivers, it means the disengagement rate must have already gotten so low that the market will have inflated TSLA to probably $3000 and your short position will have left you homeless under I-280 in SF if you aren't already there.

Videos like this are going to take over the FSD conversation, where there's literally no one in the driver's seat

There is literally zero advantage to testing without drivers when you don't have to pay the drivers. Unfortunately for those companies doing this, they still have to pay the people in the remote-control room and the vehicle field rescue teams. Tesla gets all of this for free. It's a far superior business model.

It would probably be best to understand the different levels of autonomy first.

More information is not always better. Particularly if it's from a source that, on the surface, should be trusted. It's difficult to ignore information presented in an authoritative manner.

I attribute my success as an investor over the years by actually sharply limiting the amount of input from specific places. In particular, everything on TV. Especially brokerage analysts and talking heads. I particularly avoid listening to any predictions of share price movements and over/under valuation talk. I've found it's counter-productive to my portfolio performance unless I'm able to use them as contrarian indicators. When I am exposed to those sources, I generally do the mental equivalent of this:

Remember, dead people can't hear, and they have better portfolio performance than people who are alive.

It's not that I don't want to hear something unpleasant, it's that there is too much bad and misleading information to parse for investment purposes and that by limiting it to fewer sources, it can lead to better performance. It's important that you don't filter information based upon what confirms or conflicts with your personal beliefs but that you filter information in a wholesale manner. Sure, I miss plenty of accurate information, but the overall effect on my performance is worth it. We are bombarded with low-quality, misleading and short-term info. It's easy to over-complicate investing or to over-look simple but relevant factors. Simplifying can generally bring a better, more accurate perspective to complex scenarios.

Munro has a ton of expertise, but he often opines outside his areas of expertise. I will generally listen to what Munro has to say but discount it heavily or entirely if he's outside his area of expertise or it doesn't make any sense (as in the case of the woven carbon fiber rotor wrap). Sometimes you actually know more than the 'experts'. Artificial intelligence using neural nets is well outside Munro's area of expertise. The problem here is the nature of the human brain is that it's difficult to discount something you have already heard. Not hearing things, to your advantage, is a learned skill.
Merit please, great advice!

I took a look at your post history because of the reply to your post. So, my question to you, is when can I look forward to a constructive post from you - that I could learn something from? /s. I can look at SA to get the above.

Big.

I see ~36k stocks there (all i see up to ~1000 is 120k in total). Nothing that can't be broken, though.

What i compare most is what i see on "both sides". Up to 901 there are 60k in total. 60k on total on the bid side go down to 832. So from a L2-viewpoint 901 and 832 are "equal distant". Now look at the SP: 890 (as i write this). Maybe selling 905c is safe today ;) But im not gonna play with THAT fire :D

How bout now? :)

You could replace fracking with "GigaBerlin" and these claims would sound pretty familiar to us. Interesting.

The wave of noisy protests against shale gas in Lancashire and Yorkshire in recent years looked like a grassroots movement. It was anything but.

It was peopled by a middle class rent-a-crowd, ramped up by misleading scare stories from Friends of the Earth, amplified by the BBC and The Guardian, funded by wealthy hedge-fund billionaires and welcomed by incumbent energy firms worried by the prospect of new competition for renewables, nuclear or offshore gas.