Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There will still be exports of course but the % of local sales to exports will be higher and higher as Berlin ramps.
I'm not sure that will be true. There is plenty of demand in other parts of Asia and in Australia. So even as there is less need to export to Europe, I don't think we can count on seeing a greater % of sales from China to China.

Reactions: kbM3
Yup, pretty much. The 937 level is where we were 2 days before '21Q4 Earnings:

View attachment 784391

It'd be good to break out before '22Q1 Earnings. And of course, we're expecting the Q1 P&D Report after just 8 more trading sessions. So FOMO, let's ROLL! :D

Cheers!
We could really use a nice little FOMO rally here. C'mon people jump on the FOMO train. Tickets are only $947 and you don't want to miss out. Plenty of seats on the TSLA Express. Last call, if you don't jump on now this golden opportunity will be gone forever.

(I know not really needed here, just tossing it out into the void)

I'm not sure that will be true. There is plenty of demand in other parts of Asia and in Australia. So even as there is less need to export to Europe, I don't think we can count on seeing a greater % of sales from China to China.
Tesla knows how important the Chinese market is to them and they have the most competition in China verses other Asian markets and Australia. So they're not going to let the wait times for Chinese consumers grow to absurd levels.

So while Shanghai's production levels keep increasing, I think for sure most of that increased production goes to local sales, not exports.

P.S. Did you notice how Elon quietly announced that Giga Berlin will expand to include Energy Storage products? ;)

The world gives Elon a lot of crap for his immature attitude on Twitter, it's kind of his defining attribute for the outside world. But his ability to go right into Sauron's various kitchens and work with supreme agility is astonishing.

Some entities within the German govt try to carve Tesla out of their EV subsidies to favor VW? No problem, Giga-Berlin scope is narrowed(and accelerated) until those entities are overcome.

Panasonic wants to bottleneck cell production and try to swuyleeze Tesla for a better deal? No problem, schedule Battery Day and start planning to diversify and scale at all costs.

Can't legally sell Tesla's in Texas? No problem, we're moving the headquarters there.

Nothing is personal. It sounds simple, but shows world class emotional intelligence. Which is kinda ironic considering his cars make fart sounds.

Loving this little tidbit about manufacturing Energy products in Germany. I'm Irish, but I have a lot of faith in the ability of German industry. If incentives are aligned from here on out(and they should be), you'll all be blown away by the pace of Energy scaling in Berlin. Even the most bullish will underestimate.

Here's to Terapacks in 2024. Prost!

We could really use a nice little FOMO rally here. C'mon people jump on the FOMO train. Tickets are only $947 and you don't want to miss out. Plenty of seats on the TSLA Express. Last call, if you don't jump on now this golden opportunity will be gone forever.

(I know not really needed here, just tossing it out into the void)
Just to reiterate, brand new German factory which makes cars, not phones, not apps, not software, not servers. Cars are hard to make, harder to make a profit, and very hard to make in Germany with regs and long standing existing companies who pride themselves on German manufacturing. FOMO train goes through Brandenburg...