Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny that looking at the... um... weather
yeah, the weather...,
how nobody has remarked on the steadily rising, um... temperature
yeah, the temperature
this afternoon.

Well, except for @SOULPEDL I suppose. He has been going on about Arizona, hasn't he?
Yep. Nice to see a little good weather after some bad days. Particularly since there is still a lot of bad weather elsewhere.

But you missed the part in that article where its gonna be fixed with an OTA update. I mean I find that kind of questionable, the OTA part but whatever.
Not an expert on this here, but seems like the only way an OTA fixes this is by reducing the amount of power going through these switches.

Wouldn't be the first Mustang with a reputation for being slow.

Not an expert on this here, but seems like the only way an OTA fixes this is by reducing the amount of power going through these switches.

Wouldn't be the first Mustang with a reputation for being slow.
The article says the software portion can be fixed OTA or at the stealership, but hardware fixes will be needed either way.

Haven't been there extensively, but the Mach E forums also have a significant number of owners complaining of significant range degradation. One almost wonders if Ford and GM released Edsels on purpose to poison EV receptiveness. Either that or they are just incompetent. 50/50 ?
The horrors these owners have to go thru is insane. This guy below putting aside his decision to buy a MachE (smh), but after purchase the dealer won't release his car due to the recall. Like WTF?

What’s an ECO and why does Rivian need so many?

Is this why they have so much cabling spaghetti and how would they fix it?

If I remember correctly when you worked at Tesla on the Autopilot team you were working closely with most of the other electronics systems in the car so I’m really interested to learn your perspective on this.
Engineering Change Order, part of the process for making/ tracking an update.

Funny that looking at the... um... weather
yeah, the weather...,
how nobody has remarked on the steadily rising, um... temperature
yeah, the temperature
this afternoon.

Well, except for @SOULPEDL I suppose. He has been going on about Arizona, hasn't he?
Because um…the weather changes faster than a quick change artist.
Just go look out the window every 5 minutes.
No sense in concerning oneself with the weather until bedtime just to determine if the plants need to be covered, watered or harvested.
Weather watching overrated.

Last edited:
** Not a farm post really! **
Anyone who thinks it will be a challenge to figure out where to put all the solar we will need is over-looking all of the wide-open deserts that span hundreds of miles. The reasons to supplement that with distributed solar on under-utilized land and rooftops is to reduce reliance on electrical transmission lines as well as reducing the amount of battery storage required and buffering local cloud cover. It also increases self-sufficiency.

Farms are not the answer but that doesn't mean they can't pull their own weight!

Chasing down deserts to put solar capacity in and using high voltage lines to transmit that power is costly. There is a vast amount of space which can be can be used for both solar and something else. There are vast rural/ agrarian spaces near urban areas where shading the area is a benefit in addition to the benefit of solar generation. When you are grazing sheep, having big stretches of shade does not affect yield.

Where I live, you would have to transmit power 200 miles to get to the nearest desert, but we have a fair amount of grazing, highways which can be covered, lots of structures which can be covered. There are significant costs and risks to transmitting power long distances. Anywhere you can build out shared infrastructure, you can eliminate those transmission costs.

Where is the actual evidence for this? It's not like there are not contractors they can hire that source their own material.

Elon said as much on the last conference call. They also said that deliveries to customers were delayed due to semiconductor shortages affecting final installations (probably inverters would be my guess).

The article also notes despite this drop the price of natural gas is still up 93% since the start of the year.
Certainly $7+ for gas is absurd, but remember we also have additional crude production coming online which brings with it a lot of gas.

That'll be piled on top of this mess as soon as now, but no later than just after the Nov elections. Gas should return to dirt cheap.

Oh dear the Fed is coming soon, time to get clenched... :D
I'd hope they are reasonable in this and sticking with the 50 bps plan instead of caving into the pressure of a 75 bps move. There is mounting evidence that inflation has peaked and the economy is unstable. Going against the guidance would not only rock the economy, but give more credence that the Fed can't be trusted. Continue the plan and wait to see if inflation continues to bend.

As I recall, the FBI couldn’t get Martha on a real charge, so they got her on lying to the FBI. Be careful if being interviewed as a misspeak could become lying.

In-post Mod edit: “Martha Stewart” is not a topic, not even an off-topic, for this thread. Most especially when the poster who first alluded to her so easily could have found all necessary information with a quick ‘net search.
No more.
Don't worry. Never again. Message received.

• Informative
Reactions: Doit and traxila