Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bullish sign y'all

/s

1657577240694.png

Ok, which one of you did this?

View attachment 827527
The automotive equivalent of wandering around with 5 foot of toilet paper stuck to your shoe.

This has to be staged. Car won't go into drive while plugged in. If it's real, I'd like to know how it happened.
I was wondering if you unplugged the adaptor from the wall if it would still stop the car from going. I managed to drive off with my J1772 adaptor still in the plug after leaving an L2 charger. Maybe someone has(had) their plugged into a timer and the timer shut off?

Otherwise, maybe it was never fully plugged in, I've done that before too. Didn't drive off, but I've woken up in the AM to find out the car didn't charge the night before because it wasn't fully inserted.

He seems to take into account the factory shutdowns for Shanghai and Berlin…..but doesn’t account for the increased production from both. Soooooo……doesn’t make sense.

Also his Berlin numbers don’t make any sense anyways. Berlin at 1200/week rate before the two week shutdown. After the upgrade, Berlin should be around 2400/week. So around 26,000 from Berlin. Austin will at least average 1,000/week, so 1000x13 weeks = 13000. So Berlin/Austin should be at least 39k

He seems to take into account the factory shutdowns for Shanghai and Berlin…..but doesn’t account for the increased production from both. Soooooo……doesn’t make sense.

Also his Berlin numbers don’t make any sense anyways. Berlin at 1200/week rate before the two week shutdown. After the upgrade, Berlin should be around 2400/week. So around 26,000 from Berlin. Austin will at least average 1,000/week, so 1000x13 weeks = 13000. So Berlin/Austin should be at least 39k

No, both factories will take time to ramp to their new ATH production levels after the upgrade shutdowns. The new production rates won't happen immediately, that's not how mass production works. :cool:

I'd wager Troy is a tad low but not far off the mark for Q3, but Q4 is going to be HUGE.

No, both factories will take time to ramp to their new ATH production levels after the upgrade shutdowns. The new production rates won't happen immediately, that's not how mass production works. :cool:

I'd wager Troy is a tad low but not far off the mark for Q3, but Q4 is going to be HUGE.
Yeah……not really. This isn’t the Shanghai lockdown where they were recovering from lockdowns and had to go at the pace of lockdown redirections easing and supply restocking.

Both Berlin and Shanghai very well could be running at those new production levels all throughout August and September

Whether or not Tesla will sell a 500 mile range Model Y isn't the point.

The point is investors can ignore the Austin SR Model Y FUD / uncertainty about 4680 if they know the cells & pack truly deliver such great specs if they try.

It means big investors would know the 4680 are the real deal.
Too many unknown parameters to draw any solid conclusions. What needs to happen is an Austin SR Y owner gets the Scan My Tesla app and the OBD reader and reads the actual cell voltages when fully charged. That will show if there is any unused capacity held in reserve. Or wait for Munro to cycle a cell for capacity. Or maybe Jordan from Limiting factor did so before he had the cell dissected and is holding the information for another video.

And most apartment buildings there are probably using gas for their furnaces. Do they still use coal or heating oil in Germany? I told my daughter , who's in Mannheim, to buy an electric room heater to have. She has no idea what is used to heat the radiator in her apartment, but it's a furnace that heats the building so I assume its gas. She has never gone without heat and never gave it a thought. Of course July isn't the easiest time to find a heater but there are still a few around in Germany on the Internet. Once people realize what is coming there this winter they will all be gone.
Most are gas. Many people still have oil (especially everything built before 1980), but there are federal programs that pay up to 55%(!) of your new solar+battery-system if you get rid of the oil-burner. One issue could be "Distance-Heat". Some municipalities have gas-plants or waste-burning-plants that create electricity & the residual heat then gets moved through pipes to households. Should be ~10% of households. In some parts of Berlin this is the primary way. If they can't burn gas then .. well... things will get cold fast.

And you never really want an electric heater... electricity is just too expensive for it. Current rates are ~35ct/kWh and rising. Supercharging in a TSLA is currently 56ct/kWh. If i talk to my friend in Austria he is just laughing at us .. they pay 9ct/kWh electricity.

So in Germany it is often WAY cheaper to just look for the few places heat escapes (i.e. side of windows, under the door, ..) and fix that with a bit of silicone or similar. Buildings are usually quite isolating so that you can reduce your energy bill a lot via those means.

In our apartment we only heat the living-room slightly (to ~18-20°C or so) and the rest not at all. Residiual heat from shower, cooking, etc. usually keep them ~15°C without turning on the radiator. But i also know people that heat their whole appartment to 23°C... and then complain about the high prices.
Don't forget: German buildings are not like US-ones. The outside walls are usually 30-60cm thick brick with insulation and everything - leaving only windows and doors to leak heat. Only buildings from the 60s to 80s are often bad from an insulation point.. if they weren't retro-fitted.

Your daughter should have gotten an "Energieausweis" on her move in, like: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/0/02/E-Pass.jpg
In that one you see the primary heating method and how much you can expect to use for heating in kWh per year and m². Also good if you want to look at what capacity you need if you DO indeed want to heat with electricity :)

Along with @StarFoxisDown! ,this is low level output doubling for Berlin and in both cases it's parallelism of existing lines with an existing trained workforce. Should have minimal learning curve.

... could easily see the difference between the early production Cybertrucks being only the dual vs quad motor.
Have we discussed this here before? Tesla seems to mostly believe that all/most of their vehicles should be AWD. MS, MX, & MY in US is exclusively AWD. CT seems likely to me to only be offered in AWD. Is it simply profit? Single motor vehicles are (mostly) more efficient and have fewer parts, so they theoretically have a place in the mission.

Have we discussed this here before? Tesla seems to mostly believe that all/most of their vehicles should be AWD. MS, MX, & MY in US is exclusively AWD. CT seems likely to me to only be offered in AWD. Is it simply profit? Single motor vehicles are (mostly) more efficient and have fewer parts, so they theoretically have a place in the mission.

AWD is almost universally a safer vehicle, especially in inclement weather. Pretty sure it fits with their mantra of making the safest possible vehicles.