Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another possibility that I raised yesterday is that the "delay" might be related to the court hearing tomorrow, where the SEC is accusing Elon of misleading about 2019 production and delivery figures. There might be half a dozen good reasons to delay the delivery report both if it is helping or if it harming their legal arguments. :D

Yeah, but if Elon previously tweeted that Tesla would release PD numbers within 1-3 days after the end of each quarter, and waits till the 4th day, the SEC may demand he step down immediately as CEO.

RT

This seems to me to be implying that the code for the Model 3 will be forked based on the presence of the FSD board or not. SW would be hard to optimize for different HW it seems to me. This is likely presently done for different vehicles.
As I understand it there wouldn't be a code fork. The "programming" is done in the labeling stage. To put it in traditional coding terms, it would be "compiled" for each target hardware but the "code base" (labeled data) would be the same. This would be (somewhat) like having a linux kernel compiled for x86 vs 64.

Yeah, the comparison isn't perfect, but I think it is a reasonable approximation.

Yeah, but if Elon previously tweeted that Tesla would release PD numbers within 1-3 days after the end of each quarter, and waits till the 4th day, the SEC may demand he step down immediately as CEO.

RT
Delivery reports have always been on the wire. The very first report was 4 years ago and it stated in that report "Going forward, Tesla will publish the number of new car deliveries within three days of quarter end." I don't know of any other tweet or comment regarding this.

And they have already violated this 3-day rule a few times.

Anyway I'm mildly annoyed there is no report yet but I guess someone is liking the Europe numbers this morning.

The March numbers for Germany are disappointing, but note that Tesla gets 2000 Euros less per car in Germany - the German EV incentive forces every manufacturer to reduce the price by 2000 Euros per car. (The total incentive is 4000 Euros, 50% from the government and 50% from the manufacturer.) Considering this, Tesla should ship as many Model 3s to other European countries as possible.

Does this 2000 comes only from ICE manufacturers or all? So Tesla must pay 2000 for every car delivered? Can they then just increase price by 2000? sounds like stupid system.

I would like to see that 'sandbox' extended from the Factory Gate in Fremont to Pier 80 at the Port of San Franciso. Then directly onto a waiting ship, all with no 'safety' driver.

I wonder how the regulators would react to that request? I have no idea how close Tesla FSD capabilities are to that yet, but that would be my question at the event.

The problem is that people would have a fit that there were excessive miles on their new car.

My hope is that during the event a car will come in and Elon will say "and BTW this car is just arriving from New York and it drove itself." But probably too soon for that.

Does this 2000 comes only from ICE manufacturers or all? So Tesla must pay 2000 for every car delivered? Can they then just increase price by 2000? sounds like stupid system.

This is a incentive plan for BEV (4000 € cash back) and PHEV (3000 € cash back). Half of this has to come from the manufacturer and half of it comes from the government. Manufacturer are able to opt-in to this program. It's not mandatory. But all of them have, AFAIK.