Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean not really. Not that I think Tesla should be doing buybacks now, but the go-to comparison here will be Apple buying back stock since at least 2013.
You mean, back before Elon asked them to invest in Tesla and Tim Cook declined? Guess buying some shares was better than riding TSLA to be worth 30 times more than it was in 2013, eh? How's that iPhone car of yours coming along, Tim?
😉

Cool size comparison CyberTruck-Rivian R1T:

IMG_6523.jpeg

What’s wrong with Lex? He’s a pretty vanilla guy.
It’s in his video. He encouraged EM to personally meet with Putin. Why would he want to inject EM into such a fraught engagement? Who benefits? Then HE offers to be the translator. Who wins from such an event.

Who encouraged EM to do a standup routine? That worked great. Who is involved in this fight idea with Zuck?

There is a problem with Lex IMO. Elon deserves great people with great judgment around him.

It’s a zero chance. A stock buyback if for a company that has run out ideas to invest money in useful ways. Tesla has like 50 irons irons in the fire that will make good use of cash in the near future and uncertain economic times always reward those with cash reserves. Buybacks and dividends are a sign that maybe the company is no longer worth investing in for growth.
Its not that simple.
If I've learned anything from big complex energy projects, its that actually BUILDING stuff is horribly complex, slow, and unpredictable. The process of permits, approvals, permission, and then the logistics and scheduling makes something like building a car factory or a megapack factory scarily unpredictable in terms of timescales.
Tesla cannot just spend $10billion on new factories by clicking copy-paste. Every site is different, every legislature is different, every workforce is different.
Its very rare that a company is so staggeringly successful that they literally cannot spend money fast enough, but Tesla seems to be one. I do actually think that Elon is expanding Tesla as fast as is humanly possible. You cant magic 10,000 engineers by clicking fingers, and certainly not in the location you want.

If Tesla thought they could go faster, I'm sure they would. Other companies would buy out some rivals, but I'm glad Tesla don't burden themselves with inefficient purchases of failing businesses.

It’s in his video. He encouraged EM to personally meet with Putin. Why would he want to inject EM into such a fraught engagement? Who benefits? Then HE offers to be the translator. Who wins from such an event.

Who encouraged EM to do a standup routine? That worked great. Who is involved in this fight idea with Zuck?

There is a problem with Lex IMO. Elon deserves great people with great judgment around him.
I still watch Lex, but not everything.
IMO there is something inherently "wrong" with his format: you won't be able to match every kind of guest if you go all over the place, from tech to politics to psychology. He does much better than Rogan, but still the knowledge required to make meaningful questions and not succumb to rethoric from the guest is immense.

To be fair, tho, he's probably one of the most even-minded guys around Elon nowadays. Who knows which accounts is fed on X, from sycophants to yesmen to people who want to make a quick buck from views it's probably a jungle.

Interesting. Do we really think lack of functioning parking sensors would cause this much of an issue in Europe?

View attachment 982324

It is definitely an annoyance to most people (like lack of care for non FSD AP in Europe, speed sign recognition a big mess for a long time) but I think the decline is more due to macro/people reluctant to commit to any large spending