Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you also see "elon is an ass" and "elon lies" as tags for this thread?
1000025695.jpg

It's

One anecdotal my contractor told me about his buddy who bought one and complains about it all the time makes me think they sold it too expensive with not enough value and not enough freebees and guidance to excite and turn early ford EV adopters into brand ambassadors like Tesla did. I remember when Tesla service centers would 'take care of you' doing stuff for free all the time in the beginning.

Fords early adopters could have sparked a wave of adoption but instead are now anti ambassadors.

My contractors friend told him: I paid $110k for a truck that needs charging all the time and lost value like crazy and it wasn't worth it. Maybe he doesn't even have an L2 charger in his garage ?

Also there are stories of people having tried powering their home and because of inferior software integration relying on a Bluetooth connection despite being plugged into the car found it to be hit and miss to get it running.

Then again we have this f150l owner joining our Tesla meetups and he is just happy about it especially now with NACS.
I don’t understand why people flip vehicles as they do and thus are always on about resale value. Everybody comes out the womb knowing cars aren’t investments. (Concede classic cars) Just treat the vehicle good and it’ll last for 12-15 years on average. 🤷

It seems that there are people who find ways to make things work for them/adapt willingly and those who are rigid and unwilling to bend and just want to complain something isn’t perfect.

It would be interesting to know why such a silly complaint that it has to be charged all the time. Didn’t the previous truck need to be fueled up all the time too? Does he not know about charging at home? Can’t he charge at home? What’s going on there?

Yeah, the whole use it to power your home - that use needs to be for apocalyptic situations.

It’s like the commercials for the KiaEV9. Seriously, just run an outdoor extension cord from the house to the frozen pond people. Nobody is driving up a mountain in the middle of winter to set up lights for a skating performance on a frozen pond just a few feet from the livingroom window and powering it with their KIA.

Would not write off Ford just yet. They may not have FSD, but they seem to be fast learners.

I will not hold my breath and will wait for them to prove they know what they are doing the second time around.

Additionally, as a matter of course. It’s a media article. I’m not believing the content until I see some proof. See above paragraph.

Are we now at a point where also the reality is labeled "FUD"? I am a genuine long term buy and hold investor, have been invested in TSLA since 2015, and I want fact based and balanced discussions here, and welcome both those negative and positive to the stock, short or long term. What's the point of an echo chamber?

Let's be clear here, most of what has been posted here in recent weeks falls into the following categories:-
  • Estimates
  • Speculation
  • Rumours
  • Media reporting about estimates, speculation and rumours.
Tesla publishes official numbers every quarter, and when we get official numbers, we also get two very important things - context and explanation,

IMO information without context and explanation is fairly worthless, especially if that information is speculative, and not official.

However, if we want a early "heads up" on "context", there is plenty of "context" happening at Stellantis, and rumours (or limited first hand reports) indicate a lot more "context" may be happening at Stellantis dealerships.

IMO most of the industry seems to on the spectrum between Stellantis and Tesla, but Tesla's position in the pecking order has remained fairly constant or even improved.

My guess is that central banks keeping interest rates high will get the job layoffs they are seeking, and ultimately these will not be limited to Stellantis.

In contrast, Tesla is hiring at Austin.

When I look at drone videos at Austin, I reflect on the configuration of the new west bound outbound lot, something that provides an indication of future Austin production volumes. In this case, something that will impact on Tesla performance for the next 10-20 years, not the next 1-2 weeks, or Q1 2024.

Any positive speculation was shot down pretty quickly here, and drowned in a torrent of negative speculation...

That is what I call FUD, endless repetition of negative speculation.

Last edited:
So where did they go wrong? Is the pricing the problem? Is there a performance metric problem? Is there a dealership problem? Something else or all of the above?

Perhaps it’s as simple as, Ford is not recognized by its proponents, followers, fans et al as an EV company in America? A Lightening isn’t a Tesla. Selling feature for hardcore fans of Ford and Tesla haters, but anyone serious about an EV, who’s done a bit of research - would they go out on a limb and be an early adopter? Or are a lot of Ford fans waiting a few years to see how it plays out?

Didn’t Ford do a hybrid Focus or some such years ago? I vaguely remember it and something about problems or discontinued or something? Does anyone remember?
I owned a 2013 Ford Focus Electric, a BEV made in the US 2012-2018. It drove well and I liked it except for the 76 mile EPA range, higher the last couple of years. Made in small quantities on the same assembly line as gas Focuses. Early on they had a problem with unexpectedly going dead, sometimes on the road. It happened to me in a parking lot. Ford came out with a fix, and after that they weren't problematic.

Aunt Cathie purchased another 80K shares today. She's bought a lot in the last week. Has she released her new price target? I don't recall seeing it. In any case, she is still clearly very optimistic about long term price appreciation.

The spring feels like it's getting wound pretty tight. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I still smh at the short-sightedness of Wall Street to not look past this quarter and see the inevitability of FSD. Hedgies are even increasing their short positions. Crazy! I can't wait until the spring is sprung. I'm ready for a face-ripper. Who knows, maybe a slight beat in P&D numbers next week could be the catalyst (430K+?).

Aunt Cathie purchased another 80K shares today. She's bought a lot in the last week. Has she released her new price target? I don't recall seeing it. In any case, she is still clearly very optimistic about long term price appreciation.

The spring feels like it's getting wound pretty tight. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I still smh at the short-sightedness of Wall Street to not look past this quarter and see the inevitability of FSD. Hedgies are even increasing their short positions. Crazy! I can't wait until the spring is sprung. I'm ready for a face-ripper. Who knows, maybe a slight beat in P&D numbers next week could be the catalyst (430K+?).

430k is now a beat? Wasn't everyone expecting 475k+ just a couple weeks ago?