Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, what do you do if they come back at the next meeting with a fleshed out plan and supporting evidence and again tell you to do their plan instead of the one you were going to do?

The obvious solution: promotion and a silent update to my assumptions about the reasons why the person was seemingly obnoxious? ;)

Damn. I ate Chipotle with double steak, sushi, 2 chicken egg rolls, and a hamburger today. Sorry for the 4% drop guys. I’ll go vegan tomorrow and see if it helps TSLA.

Yes, going to a whole food, plant-based diet, AND investing in more TSLA, would be better for our planet and TSLA as well.

Sorry if the facts shake up your worldview, but learning more things, things that differ from the lies told to you by your parents, is called growing up . . . .

p.s. Please don't perpetuate those same lies to your offspring too, btw.

Here is a tweet by elon where he didnt credit the 'artist'
Elon Musk on Twitter
and another:
Elon Musk on Twitter
and another
Elon Musk on Twitter
and so it continues...

And yet the world continues to spin on its axis. FFS twitter has a character limit. People do not credit artists when they just post a tiny low res image on twitter because its totally impractical. Its not like he said 'check out this cool picture I made'.
People who hate elon are just trying to get attention.

I watched this video on YouTube:

What is the general consensus here about the Model S/X refresh rumors and possible introduction in September? I personally think it’s completely fabricated, in order to hurt current Tesla sales (Osbourne effect). Tesla just released big improvements to Model S and X, why would they bother if they’d have an all new refresh out the next quarter?

Second, the artist renderings shown in this clip do not at all fit the Tesla design language. I personally don’t like it, way too many lines and edges on the exterior that have no function and are probably a step back in aerodynamics. The interior goes counter to the Tesla style as well—Elon himself hates the conventional boxed-in cockpit design.

What also struck me as a complete fake is the rendering of the Model S at 2:04 showing two motors in the rear:

FB06B02E-B518-45D0-BFD5-673902A6AF1F.jpeg

Looks like a poor Photoshop clone job, the second motor is actually protruding into the wheel well, lol.

And how many millions did this production cost Tesla? Nadda, zilch, nothing... Free! So I just shared it on Facebook and Twitter. That only gets a few views but if we all share these things even the people who believe the lies from the oiled trolls, will have to give Tesla a second thought. This isn't produced lies like all the car advertisements we see cycled endlessly. It's an honest unrecompensed opinion. This is how we win.

How many people were reached that have no or very little idea of what Tesla cars are about? Less than 100k probably less than 50k.

Youtube space is saturated with Tesla content.

More Youtube content doesn't improve Tesla awareness much.

Tesla fans sharing more videos among ourselves doesn't increase Tesla awareness.

If I send my friends and family yet another link to a Tesla video it will not result in more sales.

Here is a tweet by elon where he didnt credit the 'artist'
Elon Musk on Twitter
and another:
Elon Musk on Twitter
and another
Elon Musk on Twitter
and so it continues...

And yet the world continues to spin on its axis. FFS twitter has a character limit. People do not credit artists when they just post a tiny low res image on twitter because its totally impractical. Its not like he said 'check out this cool picture I made'.
People who hate elon are just trying to get attention.

I think Musk knows exactly what he’s playing at. From his outrageous behaviour, millions of people in the arts will hear about this arrogant Elon Musk, and his Tesla car company. A significant percentage will continue to learn about the cars and go on to buy one. An insignificant percentage will be so outraged by his lack of Twitter art accreditation they will refuse to buy the car. (They were not going to anyway, they hadn’t heard of Tesla)

I mean, the tweet in no way affects the quality of the car, but lets many discover the car. Musk is pretty good with numbers.

What is the general consensus here about the Model S/X refresh rumors and possible introduction in September? I personally think it’s completely fabricated, in order to hurt current Tesla sales (Osbourne effect). Tesla just released big improvements to Model S and X, why would they bother if they’d have an all new refresh out the next quarter?

Second, the artist renderings shown in this clip do not at all fit the Tesla design language. I personally don’t like it, way too many lines and edges on the exterior that have no function and are probably a step back in aerodynamics. The interior goes counter to the Tesla style as well—Elon himself hates the conventional boxed-in cockpit design.

What also struck me as a complete fake is the rendering of the Model S at 2:04 showing two motors in the rear:

View attachment 420042

Looks like a poor Photoshop clone job, the second motor is actually protruding into the wheel well, lol.

I thought it was intentionally leaked by Tesla. Her wording makes me think it's real. Elon also said 400 mile Model S is coming. Tri-motor makes sense unless they can't finish all the work by September. As for why they leak it, I guess it's for competition reasons.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Actually the rates look ok. Thumb rule is 10% down payment and 1% monthly payment.

For SR+ ($40k) with 4k down payment, I see $412 monthly. So, looks ok. Ofcourse, not a subsidized lease like other companies do.

And that’s what I’m talking about. You can get higher priced cars for less.

From Tesla’s website for SR+, $420/month (did they do that on purpose? lol) for 12/36 with $5,615 due at signing. You can’t do $4,000 down, min is $4,500. Total $20,315, or $564/mo all in before taxes. That’s absurdly high for a $40k list car.

As a TSLA owner, I’m happy if people willing to pay that. But, if my family/relatives were thinking about it, I’d tell them to run away.

Last edited:
How many people were reached that have no or very little idea of what Tesla cars are about? Less than 100k probably less than 50k.

Tesla fans sharing more videos among ourselves doesn't increase Tesla awareness.

If I send my friends and family yet another link to a Tesla video it will not result in more sales.

It's a decent sized channel with viewers that likely don't overlap with Tesla's core demographic. Look at all the previous videos in that channel. I don't see much content on cars, Tesla related, or tech related. I doubt viewers for that channel care about Tesla at all.

It's all about expanding awareness to a wider demographic. Extra bonus because it's free and Tesla had to do nothing. Hopefully Tesla is able to deliver her car by the end of the month.

Here's an article from Cleantechnica about demographics: What Do We Know About Tesla Owners? | CleanTechnica

If Tesla ever has a demand problem, they could easily do more to target certain demographics that they are likely underselling right now. I'm not saying this video in particular is going to change anything, but it doesn't hurt to have more of them.

And that’s what I’m talking about. You can get higher priced cars for less.

From Tesla’s website for SR+, $420/month (did they do that on purpose? lol) for 12/36 with $5,615 due at signing. You can’t do $4,000 down, min is $4,500. Total $20,315, or $564/mo all in before taxes. That’s absurdly high for a $40k list car.

As a TSLA owner, I’m happy if people willing to pay that. But, if my family/relatives were thinking about it, I’d tell them to run away.

Try find another car, ICE or EV, that you think is a better deal than Model 3 SR+. I will explain why I think the Model 3 is still a better deal, no matter they choose to buy or lease.

I thought it was intentionally leaked by Tesla. Her wording makes me think it's real. Elon also said 400 mile Model S is coming. Tri-motor makes sense unless they can't finish all the work by September. As for why they leak it, I guess it's for competition reasons.
No if you go back to hear what he said. He said not for a few years but 400 miles is right around the corner (as in a few years around the corner).. He denied the refresh on stage.

Try find another car, ICE or EV, that you think is a better deal than Model 3 SR+. I will explain why I think the Model 3 is still a better deal, no matter they choose to buy or lease.

We have an S and X, don’t need anyone trying to explain to me why 3 lease is good. Buying a 3 maybe (though I personally don’t like its design choices), but leasing a 3 is a negative.

View attachment 420042

I agree. No major refresh this year. Been saying that all along. The Raven upgrade would’ve been a wasted effort to buoy sales for just a couple quarters.

If you keep on predicting the timing of a refresh over time, eventually, there will be one and your prediction will have come true.

Once in a while, a youtube video gets seen by someone who really knows little--especially if it's a really good one and gets shared a lot (with or without credits). However, supporting Tesla by demonstrating the car at shows and events does reach those who have little knowledge about Tesla. Getting them to sit in the driver's seat (even if they don't drive) gives a sense of ownership.

Reactions: UncaNed and madodel
Getting them to sit in the driver's seat (even if they don't drive) gives a sense of ownership.

I think the word is “Gestalt”, which is the difference between how we imagine things should be and what we see as we look around. The delta is what motivates us. Once you seed that vision of how things should look, you have created the gestalt. It will gnaw at them till they ‘fix’ it by realigning reality with their vision.

Can someone point to an article that had quotes from a Panasonic chief, that there are no issues with Tesla, and in fact that they consider their relationships with Tesla more as a partnership than as a supplier ?

I have a FUD to fight with some folks who asked me - what is that Panasonic knows that we don't know given that they have refused to expand the capacity of Gigafactory.?

Also isn't it true that Tesla will be using Panasonic cells in China too?

Reactions: neroden