Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford's Fix for Recalled Super Duty Trucks Is a Roll of Duct Tape

Duct tape your Tesla anyone? And we’re here complaining about panel gaps.

You can't OTA

e7b4b70680c35081d4510604241d4229

I'll say it again this week....it's gonna be a good week for Tesla.

Just watch.
Unpilot, I'm calling you out.
Two weekends ago you stated it would be a good week for Tesla and TSLA went up 5.0%
Last weekend you stated it would again be a good week for Tesla and TSLA went up 11.3%.
You should have stated it would be twice as good.
I'm beginning to think that you are just guessing.

Um, so what's in store for next week?

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 5.17.05 PM.png

No way, my 2021’s are 1300% up - you can be the side-kick on my show, or put on a slinky dress to add some glamour.
Didn't you say you only got 10 of them? Risking $1k is a very normal person thing to do.
Try risking 50% of what you have on 2021 690c and the other 50% on 2022 400c (probably when SP was around 300? I think those 1/22 calls were not available for purchase during the 177 sp...maybe he rolled something else).
TT007 will run the show ;)

If you are a index fund with an in-house analyst that isn't tied to the FUDsters, and the analyst believes there's a good chance of TSLA being listed on the S&P in the next two or three quarters, wouldn't you want to buy a position now while the price is low rather than compete with all the other index funds when the time comes they have to buy?

If you're an actively managed fund, then this is thinking that is very much in play.

By definition if you're an S&P 500 index fund, then you can't enter the company until the day it enters the index (and you have to exit the company on the day it exits the index). You're an actively managed fund with a strategy of front running the S&P 500 (rather than the index fund) if you're front running the change.

And heck yeah - there's a whole big universe of additional money that is likely to front run likely Tesla addition to the S&P 500 (and the associated indexes). Gonna be fun when that happens.

I'll say it again this week....it's gonna be a good week for Tesla.

Just watch.
Unpilot, I'm calling you out.
Two weekends ago you stated it would be a good week for Tesla and TSLA went up 5.0%
Last weekend you stated it would again be a good week for Tesla and TSLA went up 11.3%.
You should have stated it would be twice as good.
I'm beginning to think that you are just guessing.

Um, so what's in store for next week?

View attachment 490788

You appear to have unmasked the person responsible for the extended TSLA buy program of recent weeks. ;)

Yes exactly right, my 2022 640's have already gone up about 60%
and my 2021 620's are already up over 100% from when I bought them.
My 50 shares held long? well my avg cost basis is 240.55

Yes I am a genius investor, give me a tv show ;):rolleyes::cool:

OK, genius investor. So what should I do with my Jan. 17 320c's, that are up 220% just 17 days after I bought them? Buy the shares at the strike price, or take the (taxable) profit?

Things were easier some months ago when TSLA was at 200 and I knew I just had to accumulate as much as I could...

verygreen back with some hacking, speculating on 100kWh pack for Model 3 and other interesting stuff:
green on Twitter

That'd be one hell of an increase... Could the 2170 capacity go that high that fast? We've seen weight reduction lately - possibly less cells with higher capacity which may be the new 75KWH entry in that file as well. Denser pack architecture as well? Would enable more than 380 miles and 'Ludicrous'... so many posibilities ;-)

Cathie Wood just DUMPED over 2,000 shares on you bagholders lmaooo back to $180 next week

View attachment 490793

That was only 4% of their TSLA shares in ARKQ, which are still at well over 12% of ARKQ's holdings and the 10% buy limit. No TSLA was sold in ARKK or ARKW today where TSLA is also more than 10% of each fund. This modest ARK sale of TSLA today was their first since December 12th.

Last edited:
2K is almost nothing for ARK they trade in 10s of Ks usually. Maybe they'll dump more next week. Couldn't hold them anymore, huh. I think the last time they bought something was around $250?
Must have also run out of money @180:D

There was probably just something else "on sale" that they needed money for. And when they happens they sell some of the stocks they are "overweight" on.

Reactions: Curt Renz
If I read this correctly, ALL PUTS EXPIRED WORTHLESS!
It looks like it on the scale of that graph, but by no means... ETrade still has the numbers. Someone had one at $660 strike, but sold it today! Edit: assuming that it was opened some time ago, never traded, and closed today, the buyer lost $7,074 on it.

Even though these puts were still in the money, they must have cost a lot more to buy in the first place. Back of the envelope mental count says about 1500 ITM puts outstanding, versus about 150k or more that expired worthless.

Columns are strike / bid / ask / last / change today / volume / open interest.
Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 15.32.10 .png

Last edited:
Great share! I am new to the stock and Tesla and I am wondering which is better?

Buy Jan 2020 $600 call or buy shares with margin ? 5% of my Tesla portfolio is in that call and I am thinking if I should increase that to 10%.

I am tempted because I see that call grows 80% gain and the stock (with margin) had 50% gain since Dec 1 2019. So it is more profitable in a short term.

But I am not sure if options can keep that gain advantage over stock through the year, assuming the stock price goes up in long term. What do you think? Current call price $40+. I bought at $20+ in the last batch.

I can't really give you specific advice, because I don't know anything about your situation (life, investment goals, income, risk tolerance, etc, etc.).

I personally don't think I'd ever buy anything on margin, unless perhaps there was an amazing deal that I didn't expect to be around for long, and I was highly confident I'd have the cash to cover it in a month or two. TSLA @ < $200 in June could qualify as such, TSLA @ > $400 right now does not qualify imo.

Personally, I'm not excited about buying more calls at this very moment. Premiums are VERY high, especially right after this week's run up. I do think those $600 Jan'22s are probably still profitable at current price of $44, but the risk reward ratio is so-so imo. If SP goes to $700 and those call options pay off 2x, simply holding the stock would then also pay off almost 2x with no risk (assuming you are long term bullish on TSLA). So in my opinion you have to be confident that there is significant further upside beyond $700 by Jan'22 if you want to buy more of them at current prices.

Then again, I thought about buying May'20 calls 2-3 weeks ago when we were at $330, and decided premiums were too high for those back then, which turned out to be very wrong.