Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://www.tesla.com/da_DK/blog/35000-tesla-model-3-available-now?redirect=no

- Aside from the product launch they are moving to "online only" i.e. closing a lot of their stores
- Heavy investment in Service Center capacity
- You can oder online (any state in the US), get the car, test it for 7(!) days / 1000(!) miles and return it for full refund...
- Firmeware upgrades make existing cars go further/accelerate quicker

- they're closing most of their stores, moving to an "online-only" model.
- no test drive needed -- you can return any Tesla within 7 days /1000 miles for a full refund.
- all vehicle prices lowered by about 6%
- moving to a "we come to you" instead of "you come to us" model of service.
- "goal of same-day, if not same-hour service"
- firmware update adds 5% peak power to all Model 3 vehicles.

$35,000 Tesla Model 3 Available Now

I don't think the 35k$ option is being sold for a profit so I see the negative angle on this

For sure the shorts are going to claim that the SR M3 is a "money loser". It's pretty much the last bastion they have left, until the numbers come in I guess. Then again, we already know this is a high margin vehicle. I bet the SR margin is positive, albeit not massively so.

I should probably buy a lottery ticket tonight.

Given these:

#Tesla registered 13,225 new #Model3 VINs. ~3% estimated to be dual motor. ~6% estimated to be International. Highest VIN is 292118.
7:30 AM - 16 Feb 2019

#Tesla registered 6,870 new #Model3 VINs. ~0% estimated to be dual motor. ~7% estimated to be International. Highest VIN is 302757.
7:34 AM - 28 Feb 2019

Today Elon could be like, "Oh HAI, we've been producing Standard Range variants for the last 2 weeks. You can order NOW for delivery in 2-4 weeks. Also bond payment secured."

<breaks the internet and the shorts>

BTW tusks are for goring...

Yes. I'm thinking Standard Range + PUP for now due to margins on PUP.

We all know this forum is going down at 2pm :D