Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, nothing but trolls responding to her Tweet. :( One the one hand, I'm glad to see that it isn't just Elon that gets bullied. But, on the other hand, it pulls my opinion of humanity even lower. Twitter really is a cesspool.
Any situation where people face no risk of getting punched in the face or fired from their jobs promotes poor behavior. On a less cynical note, people don't see screen names online as real people so are far more likely to abuse them than they would in person.

OT
I gave 3 V8s a nice view of my P3D's taillights this past Friday at the drag strip. :) A modified Dodge ram (was actually fast), a built up Chevy Bel Air (or similar), and a newer challenger/charger.

Can I ask what sort of times you ran? I'm tempted to take my wife's L3MUR out to Moroso to make 3 runs, just to see what it will do now with 5% more HP.

Wow, nothing but trolls responding to her Tweet. :( One the one hand, I'm glad to see that it isn't just Elon that gets bullied. But, on the other hand, it pulls my opinion of humanity even lower. Twitter really is a cesspool.

There's much worse. One of the shorts featured in Russ Mitchell's article today was earlier posting with glee about a video of a person being run over by a bus. And he's a father...

$TSLAQ is a dark place.

Why should Tesla go far below the fine with likely many companies asking for that service.

In the US the going rate for ZEV credits is 50% of face value.

If I'm a legacy OEM I would rather pay the EU 2B Euro than pay Tesla 1.9B Euro.

The EU Commision isn't going to build a Gigafactory with those monies to kick my ass into bankruptcy.

How big a fine are the other OEMs facing? It doesn't seem nearly as big.

GM Europe was planning on using the Bolt to lower average emissions on the old dirty tech Opel and Vauxhall were using. Peugeot has to put their tech into Opel and Vauxhall ASAP.

Tesla can open pool with multiple partners but no one else chose to join in with Tesla.

I am a big supporter of Tesla. I own one and bought stock. About 25% of my portfolio is in TSLA. I bought it last year at about $290, believing in the imminent rise of the stock due to increased production. "Short burn of the century"
It didn't materialize and since last quarters deliveries and especially production numbers I am getting cold feet.

My stock are under water and I am at loss what to do. My stock are for a study plan for my kidsI don't need to cash it for another year as my oldest daughter is only going to college next year. Shall I take my loss now before the stock tanks further or is there still hope they will recover. Some things that make me nervous:

- how come that M3 is still not sustainable at 5,000 per week - let alone 6,7, or even 8,000 a week?

- what is it with all these pictures with dust covered cars?

- I see people on YouTube ordering a car only to be called by Tesla within hours that they have a deal for a new 2018 M3. So there is a big stock?

- what is indeed the story with the solar roof? Absolutely nothing is happening there

- suddenly, after years, there is a big push in Software. I don't believe in coincidences. So this in combination with the bad sales and production figures makes me suspicious. Are they trying to change the focus?

-all these restless strategies around pricing of cars and software seems very nervous and not reassuring at all

I could probably think of more.

Am I alone this? Just wondering what other people think and are considering doing

This is what I have been doing: hold onto my shares tight, save money, add more shares when I think it's greatly undervalued. No margin. I don't care if it's going up, I don't care if it's going down. All I care is how much more cash I have saved and how crazy is the stock price that I can deploy the cash.

Shorts and paid bashers are talking about quarterly demand drying up, I see wonderful products and happy car owners. I'm also seeing a major trend that can last another 3 decades (Autonomous EV + sustainable energy + ride sharing, ICE and oil is out).

Shorts are talking about coming "Tesla Killers", I see Tesla is the real killer that beats all the competition, ICE, EV, Hydrogen, or whatever.

Shorts have been talking about Tesla running out of money for eight years, I see Tesla has healthy margin, getting better every month, and big margin improvement coming once Gigafactory in China and in EU are constructed. The G3 in Shanghai is super important, it can improve cost in many ways. I expect 20% margin on standard Model 3 and 30% margin on standard Model Y.

Shorts say Tesla can never get a 100% owned factory in China, they are wrong. They say it's swamp land, they are wrong. They say Tesla can only build a tent on that land, they are wrong. They say the construction can't be done in 2019, they are wrong again. I think the phase one construction will be done in 48 more days.

Shorts say Tesla's autonomous driving is dead last place among two dozen companies. I see my Tesla car is already doing self-driving on highway, that's before the FSD hardware/software is installed.

Reuters: SEC steps on Tesla 'reasonable' to prevent problems: commissioner

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. securities watchdog’s request that a federal judge hold Tesla Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk in contempt over the billionaire entrepreneur’s use of Twitter was “reasonable,” said a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission official on Monday.

SEC Commissioner Robert Jackson, a Democrat, told reporters at a conference in Washington that the SEC was reasonable in suggesting greater oversight of Musk’s communications, including the threat of new fines if he backslides.

Bear Stearns background....explains a lot....

Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas, UBS released bearish reports on the day the market was about to process the Tesla-FCA EU pooling news. What a coincidence :rolleyes:

This makes me even more convinced and determined that @neroden suggestion of a rights issue is the right way to go.

The crowd-sourced, social media swarm that is betting Tesla will crash and burn

Can we please make this thread click bait link free? If you must link, go to archive.is or archive.org , archive the article and provide a link to the archive. The crowd-sourced, social media swarm that is betting Tesla will crash and burn

We are enabling them by clicking.. more clicks they get, the more atrocious the article they will write.

Wow jsut read that LA times front page TSLAQ piece. Absolute madness, with zero inclusions of any TSLA Bulls in regards to highlight the very easily proved false assertions quoted in the article by the TSLAQ morons.

They managed to include Ross Gerber, but presumably misquote him when they say he is “impressed by much of $TslaQ’s research” - I mean WTF.

Last edited:
Someone posted on twitter that tslaq raised $7k for an employee fired by Tesla. This seems that the short target the ex employees and bribe them to get inside info and possibly even prompt them for lawsuits. Seems crazy but with the LA times story, seems anything is fair for these shorts.

fraud fraud fraud on Twitter

Same thing happened with Tripp. Then they turned on Meissner when he dropped him as a client.

Shorts got a bloomberg red text sent out over the terminal sometime in the past month, if I recall correctly, speculating that musk and others were out of Tesla. SEC doesn't care at all, never will.

Someone posted on twitter that tslaq raised $7k for an employee fired by Tesla. This seems that the short target the ex employees and bribe them to get inside info and possibly even prompt them for lawsuits. Seems crazy but with the LA times story, seems anything is fair for these shorts.

You mean Carlos??
Good Lord, man.... Your take is about as far from the truth as can possibly be....
(and ~anyone~ can read Carlos' posts to see the truth here)

The guy was injured while on the job at Tesla, and Tesla denied his Workman's Comp claim....
He clearly needed help, and some people stepped up...
Your post is an ~egregiously~ misleading description of events... Shame. On. You...

Carlos.jpg

Twitter has a serious troll and bullying problem. Need AI or some other way to fix this.

Someone posted on twitter that tslaq raised $7k for an employee fired by Tesla. This seems that the shorts target the ex employees and bribe them to get inside info and possibly even prompt them for lawsuits. Seems crazy but with the LA times story, seems anything is fair for these shorts.

Huh... I’m blocked by them. Weird.