Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's an old Tweet from last week.

For those that don't know, it's a reference to a Monty Python sketch & song (well worth a listen!!)

Roflmao!!! Boy that brings back memories... I think? That was issued as a 45? Bleeding spectacular. You need to listen to the album version of The Parrot Sketch, which has a quote I still use (albeit infrequently): "He's fπcking snuffed it!". When you hear that in John Cleese's voice, you can never forget it...

BTW OT

Layoffs SP and didn’t they cut sales bonuses?*

There was a ton of stuff to drive down employee morale, this data is unsurprising.

*edit I can’t remember off the top of my head what it was exactly but they cut compensation for sales employees fairly significantly.
Plus the whole "we're closing all the stores" followed immediately by "just kidding, lol. Stop worrying about rent and groceries, store workers, and go sell a ton of Model 3s!"

Employees sour on Tesla amid cost-cutting, layoffs - Reuters

Tesla placed 16th on LinkedIn’s annual “Top Companies 2019” list published in April, compiled from billions of actions taken by its over 600 million users that indicate job interest and demand. It held the fifth and sixth spots in 2018 and 2017, respectively.

At jobs site Glassdoor, Tesla’s overall company rating fell to 3.2 out of 5.0 stars based on reviews written in the first quarter from a high of 3.6 in 2017, according to historical data compiled by Glassdoor at Reuters’ request. The average rating of the nearly 1 million employers reviewed on the site is 3.4.

In the first quarter, Elon Musk’s CEO approval rating dropped to 52% from 90% in 2017.

Tesla’s “recommend to a friend” rating fell to 49% in the first quarter from a high of 71% two years prior, the Glassdoor data showed.

--------------------------

Most folks here will discount this article.

But it's notable that CEO approval rating dropped to 52% from 90%. That's significant.

And it's also notable that "recommend to a friend" dropped as well.

This is from employee reviews/ratings.

Not a good sign.
I used to think Reuters was a respected news agency - now I think they are absolute garbage! Every day they post hit jobs against Tesla.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden and NicoV
Short interest has barely dropped at all even with last week's great stock performance:

upload_2019-6-10_12-56-15.png

Last edited:
Plus the whole "we're closing all the stores" followed immediately by "just kidding, lol. Stop worrying about rent and groceries, store workers, and go sell a ton of Model 3s!"
That was a misquote. Even on the original call he didn't say they would be closing all of the stores. I can totally appreciate employees being worried by that fear, but it was never "all".
lol I don't think there is a news agency left that people on here like.
The news is uniformly bad. It's all about degrees of quality now.

Are you sure GF-1 has no natural gas supply?
That was a claim in a video featuring Elon and JB awhile back (I'm going from memory and do not have time now to find a link). Also, I think GF-1 has a geo-thermal supply (go figure--in some place other than Iceland! [and northern California]). Part of the subsidy that Tesla received from the state of Nevada to locate the facility there was a discount on electric energy--the NV retail electricity users absorbed the subsidy in a small rate increase. The subsidy allowed more use of the less efficient electrical resistance heating.

Reactions: neroden
But it's notable that CEO approval rating dropped to 52% from 90%. That's significant.

If you read through that article (or there was another one) it says the data comes from unverifiable anonymous sources, which means anyone can go and piss on Tesla's rating, including bots and shorts.

How do we know that this data is not gamed?