Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha, I love it! That's my home town at 1:26.
Funny thing is, from the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen, it's 120 km to Heidelberg, and from there, another 120 km (and lots of uphill) to the Schwarzenbach dam in the Black Forest, where the final scene plays out. Not taking into account a detour to another picturesque town in between, which I didn't identify (anyone?), the total race distance is thus at least 240 km. At the insane speeds of the race, there is no way the Taycan can make it without running out of charge. Taycan't!
Taycan range is 201 miles or 324 km, so they will be fine on this trip even with the detour or elevation changes.

I just wish they’d obfuscate the code. There are utilities that can do this automatically. Then little chance of deciphering.
Obfuscation tools are either easily defeated or carry a high performance penalty. They have failed to penetrate the market because the cost/benefit just doesn't make sense.

Wouldn't your car be shipped in a container?

Possibly (probably?), from Europe to Iceland - at least that's my expectation (other option would be from the ferry from Denmark or Amsterdam; no way we get a whole Ro-Ro, they don't even do that for Norway). Unlikely all the way from the US, I would think. Although I could certainly be wrong!

When I imported my current car from the states, it was shipped in a container. Of course, that was an individual, personal import.

Last edited:
New poll:
What will be discussed at ER?
ER Bingo
Buckminster, I put your list in a Score card:
First person to post BINGO wins!
Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 10.31.30 AM.png

I love ya man...but BFR was/is the best freaking name for a Big ****!ng Rocket!
I agree, and hereby nominate the word "Falcon", even better, "Falcking", as the new "Fuc*ing"; as a loophole to get it by the modern day censorships that still exist. I mean, come on, is this 2020 or what?

"Big Falcking Rocket" has my vote, and can now legally take the place of "Fuc*&$#ing" in BFR.

"Falcking is the new "Freaking".

Let us all be able to move forward with the times, and be able to speak freely in our lives, with new expressions like;

"Falcking A man!" The Big Lebowski

"No falcking way dude!" Bart Simpson

"TSLA? Give me a falcking break" Anton Wahlman, Mark Smeagol, Montana Skeptic, et al....

"TSLA as a BFR in 2020? Falck yeah!" Suncatcher

Edit; How could I have left out TMC's own @SpaceCash ?

"TSLA today looking Bullish AF (As Falck)!"

/s

Last edited:
I have to admit, had I done this at $180, I would have resigned from my day job already. But hindsight is 20/20 etc.

Indeed - although I DID buy at that time, I could have bought 3x more and although not enough to retire, would have bought me a founders R2 outright for $3000.

So yeah, hindsight, but also learning to see similar patterns in the future and acting at the right time with strategy rather than impulse.

If you converted your shares to LEAPS from a taxable US account around that time, you’d be nervously eyeballing end of May.

It would be a good problem to have, but not one with an easy answer.

New article on unintended acceleration, with a theory that's a bit of a stretch in my opinion. The author is normally reasonable and supportive of Tesla so it's not a Lopez/Kolodny type hit piece, just speculation.

However, the log also showed something extraordinarily unlikely. Several releases of the accelerator pedal that lasted exactly 1 second. Belt theorizes the vehicle’s drive unit overheats a sensor during low-speed driving and causes the sensor to leak current. When that happens, Belt says the computer mistakenly responds to a false pedal input and provides power to the electric motors, propelling the vehicle forward into an obstacle. One of the components “resets” repeatedly, cutting the current in inhumanly precise 1-second intervals.

Tesla Owners Accuse Their Cars of Unintended Acceleration. Is It True? | Digital Trends

Does this interest mean you do not have your car yet ?

All of this endless #NoDemand keeps eating up all of the supply and preventing Iceland from getting any :Þ But they finally think we'll get some this quarter, probably starting early March. Hopefully.

I hope it doesn't take this long for countries even further down the priority chain to get theirs!

Quite interestingly, Brecht partly blames Tesla for some of the challenges facing the EQC today. Explaining his points to the publication, he argued that one of the reasons Daimler is struggling with battery demand is because Tesla bought Grohmann Engineering, which has valuable technology that could be used for battery-related developments and activities. Brecht also mentioned that Grohmann was actually hired by Mercedes-Benz to build up its own battery manufacturing capacity.
Tesla's battery acquisitions are paying off in spades, and giving rivals a lot of pain

New article on unintended acceleration, with a theory that's a bit of a stretch in my opinion. The author is normally reasonable and supportive of Tesla so it's not a Lopez/Kolodny type hit piece, just speculation.

Tesla Owners Accuse Their Cars of Unintended Acceleration. Is It True? | Digital Trends
That article is based on the 2018 paper which has been posted before and is wrong.

Addendum: read @wk057 's posts for great tech info
Sudden Unexpected Acceleration today

Last edited: