Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reassurance. Really what I was looking for. Don't really appreciate all the people calling me a care bear. Kind of thought we were all on the same team here.

Don't take it personally. We've had a lot of people over the years who've pretended to care about the company with concerns but later turned out to be trying to foment doubt. It's made some of us quick to jump to conclusions about new people posting their doubts.

This is insane.

It surely feels like one (or more) of the big accumulators of the past few months is selling, probably to play the usual TSLA volatility game and buy back once sanity returns. Worst week since 2008 in US stocks, and according to the FT: "S&P 500 racing to quickest correction since the Great Depression".

Happy days.

Guy, I'll be honest with you. I'm kinda panicking. I honestly believe in the Tesla mission and the cars are awesome. But I just bought in at 900 and bought dips at 830 and 800. Probably got more than I should've and not really in the position to get more. Should I cut my losses? How much more is this going to drop?

You do what has long been advised, you ride it out. No one claimed this wasn't a volatile stock, so drops in SP are bound to happen. Use them as buying opportunities. If you have any spare change, buy more. Just don't buy with borrowed money. That's the limit of how far you should take any internet poster's advice.

Just in case you didn't catch it previously:
3pk6ke (1).jpg

Looks like fear of the virus is going to continue in the markets for a continued period of time until a positive result regarding vaccine testa come out.
No, we just need to hold on till 4/3 when P&D comes out.
Vaccines are not gonna be out for another 12-18 months. Anti-viral drugs will have a much stronger and sooner impact.

Price action for the market it seems

1. Start very low pre market
2. price increase when market opens
3. sharp drop after the increase
4. tries to recover about 30-40% of the drop
5. drops down to the original price of the sharp drop
6. Small recovery at 3pm
7. Ends lower than the day's lowest
8. Continues to drop AH
9. Recovers at 6pm-630pm
10. Drops even lower after 630pm

The next day it's another repeat.