Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s North America HR leader Valerie Workman sent an email to employees on Wednesday morning (3/18/20):
Hi Team!

We still do not have a final word from the City, County, State and, Federal Government on the status of our operations. We have had conflicting guidance from different levels of government.

Until then, we are operating with Essential Employees only while all others are working from home, and working to incorporate all CDC guidelines into our operations.

There are no changes in your normal assignment and you should continue to report to work if you are in an essential function: production, service, deliveries, testing and supporting groups as discussed with your manager. If you are not assigned to support an essential function, your manager might suggest a temporary relocation to support essential functions, or you may need to be on call.

If you are not feeling well, please stay at home and use PTO. If your PTO balance is low, you can borrow up to 80 hours (2 weeks), after you exhaust your PTO balance. Please inform your manager and follow the normal procedures for sick time.

If you cannot or are reluctant to come to work, you can also use your PTO. Please inform your manager. You can also take unpaid time off, after your exhaust your PTO. You will not be penalized for your decision. There will be no disciplinary action for attendance based on health or impossibility to come to work.

We will communicate with everyone again tonight and we appreciate all you are doing to keep safe social distance.

Thank you!

Valerie

Valerie Capers Workman | North America HR + AU/NZ/JP/KR
Registered In House Counsel

(from a kolodny article)

Last edited:
Tesla’s North America HR leader Valerie Workman sent an email to employees on Wednesday morning (3/18/20):

(from a kolodny article)

Kolodny works so hard for a negative scoop and then she comes up with a loving letter to employees giving them all the options in the world. basically, "We are running but if you don't want to come in, no problem, we understand. We'll even let you borrow paid sick leave you haven't even earned yet - don't worry and stay safe."

HaHaHaHa! And then she did all the legwork so she decides to publish it anyway even though it puts Tesla in a good light. How demoralizing for her. No kickbacks for this article!

shorts opened petition to shut it down Sign the Petition

People rate this funny, but it's not funny at all. All sorts of people (anyone that doesn't want to see Tesla succeed) will sign that petition. This really pisses me off, and now I'm going to have to have another session with @Krugerrand to get back into a zen-like state.

You guys finally convinced me to buy. Let’s see if we can get a few at $370 today. If not today then likely tomorrow.
Condolences to those that bought on the way down a week or two ago.

Shoot, not too surprised this executed already.
Now have a buy order set at $290. We could get there by beginning of next week.

Quite a few here disagreed with me when I posted in the past couple weeks that holding through til Monday was a bad idea. Let’s see if I can make it a hat trick.
Too many bad news possible over a 2-day period with no good news to look forward to in the very near term horizon.

Curious to see how many recent longs rode this thing from the $300’s to $900 and back down to $300’s?
(At least you’re not in the red, yet).

I call end of quarter now. Short month - only 18 days.
We're good ;)

3-18-2020 10-34-27 AM.png

Picked up some more shares at $375, been buying the down slope since $625. I'm some where between 25% - 30% cash. So I have more dry powder and will keep buying in steps until we are in double digits unless something with the company fundamentally changes. I do want to retire next year but Tesla is less then 10% of my holdings and would not want to go much below 25% cash. I look at Tesla as my long term hold in case I live to a hundred. :cool: