Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uptick Rule tripped: $424.23 * 0.9 = $381.80

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-09-23.14-30.png

Market macros ugly. Please take that into consideration. Although it does look like a rotation to a degree. Almost all my solars are positive.

I expect market macro's to bottom in mid Oct, anywhere from 5-10% lower than they currently are. Even with declining macro's, I still think Q3 numbers will push the stock back up into 400's and by the 3rd week of October, the FOMO of S&P inclusion will restart again because everyone will know Tesla will post a profit without credits based on Q3 P/D numbers.

So I feel my window for pulling the trigger on using margin is this week. I thought the sell off would continue throughout the rest of this week, but the uptick rule was just triggered so I'm a bit worried any further sell off chances are now diminished. So decision decisions

Edit: A bummer that to get Fidelity's lowest margin rates of 4.25%, I would have to do a margin loan of 500k. Anything less and the interest rates jump to 6.5% and higher for smaller and smaller loan amounts. 500k wouldn't leverage me to the point where I would have to worry about a margin call, but still......not sure I want to be that ballsy :confused:

Edit #2: There are a couple other stocks I'd like to buy too. So not like all 500k would go into Tesla. Hmmm

Last edited:
CNBC keeps on leading with “analysts” that were telling people to sell years ago...

...and then the stock went 10x.

Why are they still going to these people for opinions on Tesla?

It’s obvious they *still* no nothing.
They know, but as long as Tesla doesn't pay the ransom, CNBC will put out every negative thing they find. (The analysts either know nothing or have an anti-Tesla agenda).

News cross the wire before there's a link to post.

In the interest of speed I post important news as I see them rather than wait for a link to an article.
I'll stop doing that if people prefer the non-actionable articles over novelty.
I've been meaning to thank you for giving us part of the feed from what looks like your Bloomberg terminal.

Please know, its very much appreciated by everyone who is unable to pay 25k per year for the service.

Anyone else speculate the batteries running down the edge of the car? In the top screenshot there is red on the outside edge that is labeled as "excess structure", but on the bottom picture that same location is still there but grey. It looks like one of the new battery cells would fit pretty well in that space and giving a 5-10% increase in capacity. Maybe I am just getting a bit crazy over here as the stock hits $380 and I am searching my couch cushions for some more dry powder.

screen-shot-2020-09-23-at-9-21-57-am-png.591274

Anyone else speculate the batteries running down the edge of the car? In the top screenshot there is red on the outside edge that is labeled as "excess structure", but on the bottom picture that same location is still there but grey. It looks like one of the new battery cells would fit pretty well in that space and giving a 5-10% increase in capacity. Maybe I am just getting a bit crazy over here as the stock hits $380 and I am searching my couch cushions for some more dry powder.

screen-shot-2020-09-23-at-9-21-57-am-png.591274

It won't they are going to push it inwards as much as possible. Elon went over this with the whole aspect of turning force and preventing side impact damage

What a good day to convert stock to deep in the money calls and add more deltas for almost no premium.

God bless the IRAs.

I am in the opposite situation, trying to get late 2022/early 2023 LEAPS, but they are just way to expensive. I guess a $400 pre split price drop will do that to the IV.

For instance, a JAN 2021 $500 call is 176.60, so for it to be profitable the stock would need to be $700 a share. Chances are that is going to be the case, but they are just so costly right now.

I tried to put that 3TWh battery production for 2030 in my 32 bit Excel but the cell ran out of integers.

Seriously, I‘m eagerly awaiting the usuals suspect with far deeper knowledge than me to update future valuations and price targets. Something about my 18k usd/ share by 2030 surely can‘t be right. Right?!

CNBC plays the recurring theme that Elon is some sort of con.
It’s all pie in the sky etc, and the big boys are coming, and
Nothing he presented yesterday has any special value.
They parade a bunch of know nothings to opine.

Wonder how do they reconcile his engineering success at Space X.
Is that also a fraud. Does BJ also think the big boys are coming
After space x.

I expect market macro's to bottom in mid Oct, anywhere from 5-10% lower than they currently are. Even with declining macro's, I still think Q3 numbers will push the stock back up into 400's and by the 3rd week of October, the FOMO of S&P inclusion will restart again because everyone will know Tesla will post a profit without credits based on Q3 P/D numbers.

So I feel my window for pulling the trigger on using margin is this week. I thought the sell off would continue throughout the rest of this week, but the uptick rule was just triggered so I'm a bit worried any further sell off chances are now diminished. So decision decisions

Edit: A bummer that to get Fidelity's lowest margin rates of 4.25%, I would have to do a margin loan of 500k. Anything less and the interest rates jump to 6.5% and higher for smaller and smaller loan amounts. 500k wouldn't leverage me to the point where I would have to worry about a margin call, but still......not sure I want to be that ballsy :confused:

Edit #2: There are a couple other stocks I'd like to buy too. So not like all 500k would go into Tesla. Hmmm
What other stocks are there? :rolleyes:

I tried to put that 3TWh battery production for 2030 in my 32 bit Excel but the cell ran out of integers.

Seriously, I‘m eagerly awaiting the usuals suspect with far deeper knowledge than me to update future valuations and price targets. Something about my 18k usd/ share by 2030 surely can‘t be right. Right?!
Can't be right....too low :)