Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are you feeling about this week's batch of 700s? ;)
Sitting at a $4.23 average hoping to squeeze back half of that. Moving on to June calls trying not to throw good money after bad.

Miraculously turned an every so slight profit on last week's calls by catching the spike earlier in the week. Apparently the MM's are telling me such dreams are futile for this week. I expect I'm f'd this week and and am actually feeling quite a bit of deja vu.

I rarely try and time a rebound with calls, but something tells me I did the exact same thing in years past beginning the week before a short trading week. I can remember buying two weeks of calls before, not even realizing the 2nd week was a short week and there likely wouldn't be enough volume/interest to see a major rebound. These pricks really know how to entice you!

Anywho....this MUST uncoil before June, so that's my focus. Gonna keep digging deeper and hopefully see $750!

Reactions: woodisgood
CNBC's David Faber highlights the three issues behind Friday's failed margin calls and large losses incured by numerous big-name Wall St. brokerages: (do these items sound familiar?)
  • lack of transparency between brokerages
  • overextended on leverage (~7x)
  • huge volumes of trading (over 10% ownership)
Sounds like another do-nothing congressional "chatroom" will be required... :p

Here's what we know so far about Friday’s margin call | CNBC on Youtube

Cheers!

At least 600 is excellent support, for now. We’ve bounced off twice already this morning. Green energy is getting absolutely thrashed...again.

I blame the Evergreen for the relentless disemboweling of all my renewable positions.

It is obvious that if we continue with this foolhardy and futile attempt to invest in more and more green energy, we will just end up with blockaded canals and a disastrous global trade collapse.

We have a discussion on what is level 5. You bring up an interesting situation, but I'm not sure that level 5 needs to be able to navigate these fairgrounds, since it's questionable if this is considered a public roadway. Also, even if we do consider it a public roadway, the car can decide that it doesn't want to navigate through the parking lot once it gets there and finds that it's confusing. This would still be level 5.

It's not questionable- and that would NOT be L5.

SAE defines L5 as being able to drive on "all publicly accessible roadways (including parking areas and private campuses that permit public access)"

Fairgrounds example would be parking areas that permit public access.

if it can't do that because it finds the fairgrounds confusing then it's not L5.... it's L4 because the ODD in your example would be restricted to "public access driving locations the car does not find confusing"

L5 is REALLY broad, and hence why so many find it unlikely they'll get there on current HW.

Reactions: RobStark
I blame the Evergreen for the relentless disemboweling of all my renewable positions.

It is obvious that if we continue with this foolhardy and futile attempt to invest in more and more green energy, we will just end up with blockaded canals and a disastrous global trade collapse.

Of course your post is tongue and cheek, but how far do you think the enemies of a sustainable future would be willing to go to protect their interests?

Especially when some of those folks are not just fossil fuel corporations or their investors, but also rogue nations with storied history of espionage?

A couple years back I emailed Tesla about creating a "Hypermiling Mode" option in the Drive section of the touchscreen--never heard anything back.

Doesn't make any sense to have headlights on in the middle of the day, just wastes energy.
One or two rapid starts would more than cover the energy of lights on all day. It's the difference between 20-25 Watts and 70,000 Watts.

It's not questionable- and that would NOT be L5.

SAE defines L5 as being able to drive on "all publicly accessible roadways (including parking areas and private campuses that permit public access)"

Fairgrounds example would be parking areas that permit public access.

if it can't do that because it finds the fairgrounds confusing then it's not L5.... it's L4 because the ODD in your example would be restricted to "public access driving locations the car does not find confusing"

L5 is REALLY broad, and hence why so many find it unlikely they'll get there on current HW.

No, I don't think your definition fits the sae document. If you want, we can continue this discussion in the level 5 thread.

Level 5 defines a set of features. It doesn't define any performance criteria, like "must be able to drive as well as human."

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Of course your post is tongue and cheek, but how far do you think the enemies of a sustainable future would be willing to go to protect their interests?

Especially when some of those folks are not just fossil fuel corporations or their investors, but also rogue nations with storied history of espionage?
Yes I am joking. But I am certain that there has been selling by algos of green stocks based on the Evergreen :eek: . And no buyback either today....

As far as what the status quo is willing to do to maintain the status quo? Well, if the psyops and FUD fail, then destabilizations, murders, assassinations and wars.

Nothing new there.

Last edited:
L5 is a very stupid ranking that may never be achieved.

E.g., it would have to be able to park in a fairgrounds based on people yelling at it where to go, and making up their own signs for directions and saying something like “over by the beer stand”.

For all intents and purposes, an L4 that does > 90% of an L5, is an unimaginable economic boon.
If L5 doesn't drive when humans shouldn't drive, that would save a lot of accidents right there.

Was that the agreement? Perhaps. It just seems a bit much, no?
Yes, repeating your request for people to not clutter the thread with OT or over-discussion of topics is a bit much. Oh, wait, that’s not what you meant. 😉

My thoughts aren’t anymore relevant than yours. People just doing people here. Let it go. Power scroll. Or engage that forum feature, we’re not supposed to talk about, more robustly.

CNBC's David Faber highlights the three issues behind Friday's failed margin calls and large losses incured by numerous big-name Wall St. brokerages: (do these items sound familiar?)
  • lack of transparency between brokerages
  • overextended on leverage (~7x)
  • huge volumes of trading (over 10% ownership)
Sounds like another do-nothing congressional "chatroom" will be required... :p

Here's what we know so far about Friday’s margin call | CNBC on Youtube

Cheers!
And his big problem is there's too many SPACs. :rolleyes:

These guys bitch and moan about and retail, meanwhile the very people they're interviewing are overextended 20x over and use borderline fraudulent tactics as the base for their investment strategies.

Yes I am joking, But I am certain that there has been selling by algos based on the Evergreen :eek: .

As far as what the status quo is willing to do to maintain the status quo? Well, if the psyops and FUD fail, then destabilizations, murders, assassinations and wars.

Nothing new there.

Definitely, to your first point. Though one would have thought they might respond positively to the news the ship was freed. Yes, some weeks of port congestion will follow, but what happened to the “forward-looking market?”

And his big problem is there's too many SPACs. :rolleyes:

These guys bitch and moan about and retail, meanwhile the very people they're interviewing are overextended 20x over and use borderline fraudulent tactics as the base for their investment strategies.
Surely Congress will grill those guys as much as they grilled some 28 year old who liked a stock a little too much right?

Is that you Robert Ludlum?

(Not saying I’m not in agreement, just that your post read like the opening of a gripping tale.)

How much would the EPA-range of e.g. a Model 3 LR be increased, if the test was re-done - only with Chill mode enabled (making this a non-EPA range test)?
If Tesla had a half-powered limited top speed "super chill" mode like the ECO mode of Taycan, the range figure would be substantially larger than the EPA score.

Current "chill" mode in a Tesla does only reduce fast acceleration which might be uncomfortable for some people. The power to accelerate is still there, top speed is still there. Towing capacity is still there.

Electrek - 6 minutes ago: 10 Semi & 2 Megacharger Orders

Excerpt:

Momentum, a company who helped MHX formulate the project and apply for funding, wrote about the initiative:

MHX sought funding from the MSRC’s Zero & Near-Zero-Emission Trucking-to-Warehouse, Distribution, & Intermodal Facilities in Riverside & San Bernardino Counties grant program to support the purchase and deployment of 10 battery-electric Class 8 Tesla Semis as a part of its efforts to electrify its fleet of trucks in the South Coast Air Quality Management District.
The company also reported that the deal includes Tesla deploying two “MEgachargers” at MHX’s Fontana, California, facility:

To charge these vehicles, MHX will also purchase, install, and operate two Tesla Megachargers at its MHX-Napa Fontana distribution facility in Fontana, California.

Yeah, of course not, the silk rail road is a train route. There is simply no charging infrastructure on the China/Europe highway route to support a large volume of heavy trucks (it'd be 600 trucks for every ship's worth of cars). There were 11 ships from China to Europe in Q1. o_O

Also, the fin/media r so corrupt. Elon said no platooning right away due to lack of batteries. That just means mass production won't start yet. It was never planned to start now. Q2 for pre-production alpha models, Jul/Aug for 1st prod on the rolling assembly line, 100/week in Q4, etc. This is not news.

Instead, fin/media screams "Click here! Semi D Layed!" Liars. Elon never said that, but nobody every calls them on lies, and clix feed the monster.

Eat my shortzes, lol.

Cheers!
Take a tweet, plus reference a blog post commenting about same tweet, and boom you have an article. This is investigative journalism ala 2021. Nevermind the misinterpretation of the tweet... If it bleeds it gathers clicks