Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A word of advice to everyone. DO NOT point out that being happy that we’re down ~40% in a few months, because we never thought we’d be this high in the first place, is a losing mentality. That’s just too “nasty” in today’s snowflake cancel culture society.....

View attachment 663732
As with 90% of "snowflake" and "cancel culture" call-outs, this says a lot more about you than the folks you're preaching to.

Relax, everything's going to be just fine.

Reframing this recent dip positively is a good way to keep yourself from getting too wound up and making bad emotional money decisions.

Last edited:
I hate to admit it to this crowd but i really do not understand cryptocurrency bitcoin etc ... i hear all kinds of interesting things

store of value
digital currency
digital gold
means of exchange
etc.

i don't invest in the dollar or any other currency so not sure why i would invest in cryptocurrency ... maybe as a hedge (ie gold)

this crypto craze on the surface sounds a lot like the Tulip Mania of the 1600's ("Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of Crowds" by Mackay)🌷

I hope i am wrong ... but this bubble appears to be bursting again(it burst a few years back) and Elon is holding the pin ...🌷

fortunately bitcoin is a relatively small percentage of TSLA assets

I can't share it as it's embargoed until tonight but I currently have the full tech specs on the Ford F150 LightEning.

umm....buy more TSLA.
Irony, or a connection? Ford Lightnings under cover at a Tesla Supercharger?

Return of Karen's Tesla supplying another OEM EV truck rumor?
ED: Okay, I've been given permission to be a bit less vague (jumping back to the earlier topic):

A little birdie says that - independent of their own truck programme - Tesla has partnered with [major automaker name redacted] to provide the powertrain for their electric pickup programme, due out [time redacted - not exactly tomorrow, but not exactly five years from now either ;) ].

Dig a bit more into companies who you'd expect to have an interest in electric pickups but *haven't* announced powertrain partnerships with anyone for them, and you might be able to figure this out. But that's all I can say.

It's also possible that the little birdie is wrong. The evidence to me says no. But again, I can't elaborate on why.

As with 90% of "snowflake" and "cancel culture" call-outs, this says a lot more about you than the folks you're preaching to.

Relax, everything's going to be just fine.

Refaming this recent dip positively is a good way to keep yourself from getting too wound up and making bad emotional money decisions.
Don’t worry about me and my money decisions. I’ve done nothing but buy more shares every $50 lower we go. But it doesn’t mean we have to be content with what’s happening. Remember a lot of Tesla employee need the money they get from options. And your condescension about it “saying more about me” just proves my point.

I hate to admit it to this crowd but i really do not understand cryptocurrency bitcoin etc ... i hear all kinds of interesting things

store of value
digital currency
digital gold
means of exchange
etc.

i don't invest in the dollar or any other currency so not sure why i would invest in cryptocurrency ... maybe as a hedge (ie gold)

this crypto craze on the surface sounds a lot like the Tulip Mania of the 1600's ("Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of Crowds" by Mackay)🌷

I hope i am wrong ... but this bubble appears to be bursting again(it burst a few years back) and Elon is holding the pin ...🌷

fortunately bitcoin is a relatively small percentage of TSLA assets
I don't know a ton on crypto... but what is happening is essentially the bear thesis of it. Seems the bitcoin crowd picked the wrong enemy...

Don’t worry about me and my money decisions. I’ve done nothing but buy more shares every $50 lower we go. But it doesn’t mean we have to be content with what’s happening. Remember a lot of Tesla employee need the money they get from options. And your condescension about it “saying more about me” just proves my point.
Those employees are doing just fine, relax.

Typical Habs fan, so dramatic! :p

Return of Karen's Tesla supplying another OEM EV truck rumor?

Does powertrain include battery in this context? Because if so I keep not understanding why anyone thinks Tesla, who repeatedly says they literally can not get enough batteries for themselves, and they will take ALL the batteries OTHER suppliers can give them, and expect that to remain true for YEARS TO COME, will be supplying them to others.

A car doesn't need 0-60 in less than 2 seconds or a top speed over 200 mph either.

It is bragging rights.

It is a bold prediction we will top fit and finish of the best legacy OEMs from Germany and Japan.
In a practical sense.
People take what they see or understand and transfer that belief/feeling to things they aren't able to figure out. Like when the trim looks good a person feels the bones of the house are solid.

Reactions: UkNorthampton