Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's little organic volume in either direction, so Ken Griffin's algo can push the SP any way it likes. Talk about a self fulfilling strategy. If everyone goes to the beach.....the SP will be sitting right there when you get back. Lol!

At least we now have time to act. Those of us with cash anyway. Will this be a 2 day headfake or 2 month? We shall see who wants to blink first.

Sure, same problem in Europe - I have a HPWC that will not work with my pending Plaid (which I assume will be CCS, not Type 2)

In the US Tesla have to transition to CCS at some point, it makes no sense to continue with a proprietary connector

I could charge the TM3 loaner without problems on my HPWC usually used to charge my TMX.

If Palladium cars don't get the CCS plug in Europe I will be very frustraded. The adapter I have for my TMX is a real pain in the bøtt. I have to use all my strength to get it to detach and usually fumble for a long time before it does.

As a shareholder since 2012 I had grown accustomed to the constant thought of "wow, the market really can't see what's going on here?". But over the past 8 months or so I've been more tepid, thinking perhaps the price had gotten ahead of itself and everyone had caught on.

Not anymore though. It's actually quite comforting to once again be able to see something obvious that the rest of the market doesn't.

Don't be too fussed if Tesla does not leap up at market open. The news takes a while to sink in. Not everyone has cleared their Tuesday morning schedule to check out Teslas latest quarterly results. Hell... a lot of people ignore quarterly results and only focus on yearly results anyway.
Berlin & Texas need to start delivering cars before wall street will really get it. Or their traders need to be able to actually use, and experience a driver-less ride-hail in a Tesla.

From a bear pov there is...
  • risk that elon is stopping doing earnings calls (will he jump ship to focus on spacex?)
  • semi delayed AGAIN.
  • still no sign of roadster
  • no guarantee that Berlin and Texas will be completed on time
  • volatility of bitcoin
  • covid issues threaten the whole market, who is buying a new car in a pandemic?
  • 4680s may be harder to finalize than expected.
  • FSD may turn out to never work as described.

You and I know that these are all minimal risks compared to the risk of NOT owning Tesla stock, but lets not pretend there are not seemingly-sensible reasons why the market is still in 'wait and see' mode.

Like I say, you need Texas and Berlin finished and ramped before they will get it.
Respectfully @cliffski - I am confident that anyone that took a sincere look at earnings results yesterday did ‘get it’ already, including the paid FUDsters saying ‘meh’ this morning. The numbers told a story of a plan so well implemented, and of challenges so we’ll overcome, that it was clear to me that Tesla could literally walk away from Texas and Berlin at this very moment and never even use them and they would still continue their steady march past Ford and GM simply by ramping TE and S and X while executing all other phases of their plan. The argument that Texas and Berlin need to be completed and ramped is just another moving of the goalposts. What’s ridiculously obvious is that those folks moving the goal posts don’t realize the game is already over.

As @ZachF pointed out yesterday, Tesla’s quarterly earnings are already making Ford’s and GM’s look disappointing over a longer timeline......and Tesla did this with only the Model 3 and the Model Y contributing most of the production, and with Texas and Berlin being a huge additional challenge. In the midst of wiping up the floor with Ford and GM they are building not one, but two new GF’s that will come online this year, and that already have the China GF as a model for how to successfully ramp quickly.

No, Wall Street gets it. And CNBS gets it, and Jim Cramer gets it. But they weren’t ready for this and IMO it’s their job to tell you this hasn’t happened yet. Anyone else claiming there is nothing to see here simply took the easy path when they were asked if they want the red pill or the blue pill.......

Last edited:
As a shareholder since 2012 I had grown accustomed to the constant thought of "wow, the market really can't see what's going on here?". But over the past 8 months or so I've been more tepid, thinking perhaps the price had gotten ahead of itself and everyone had caught on.

Not anymore though. It's actually quite comforting to once again be able to see something obvious that the rest of the market doesn't.
Exactly. This disparity is what funded my retirement. Every time Tesla's future looked brighter and more obvious, and the market didn't react, I bought more, knowing that it would eventually pay off. The same thing is happening again. If you have cash, buy more TSLA!

We are all asking, "how long can the bear mental gymnastics be sustained?" I think we are closer to an answer, now that the P/E is dropping like Jeff Bezos from outer space, and the profit is not "dependent" on reg credits—but neither has seemed to make a dent in their firmly cemented antipathy. I doubt they will ever cease to find new, more indefensible arguments. But it doesn't matter, as their hold on the narrative continues to decline.