Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Cool Down - today:
New report reveals the troubling reason more men own electric vehicles than women

Educational advertising may be helpful, but there are more factors that need to be addressed.
Interesting.

Also my wife and her friends all complain that seat belts in cars (not just Tesla) are NOT designed/tested for women, that for some reason the different needs are not being thought of, and that its a major nuisance and even less safe for a women wearing a seatbelt than men.

She is quite adamant about her experience (discomfort, too close to neck) being not specific to her.

I think if Tesla looked into this and addressed it, that alone could be a big enabler for female adoption, and a clear differentiator to other car makers that have not caught on to the idea yet.

How do you promote product ideas generally with Tesla, tweeting at Elon usually gets ignored (may mean all my ideas are bad, or he is just overwhelmed with what is thrown at him)

Forward Observing

Friday am traffic was mild heading north on I5 toward Seattle, WA; arriving fifteen minutes early to have Xenia’s annual alignment. Curb bruising ya know.

The Fife, WA just over a year old Tesla hard copy pick up and service center lot is, well full. I brought my own coffee and headed into the waiting room via the pit stop rooms (WC). I stopped at the candy apple red “X” ~ told Sandy to go ahead, I had to check this out.

We were stuck in the waiting room for two hours. During that period there were two to three guys handing off new Teslas the entire time we were there.

The bill was just over my first months pay ($120) as a buck naked private in May 1969. I joked with the service person about the lack of a new candy apple paint job on our “X.” He laughed, yes beautiful color, but too rich for his blood.

As we rolled out, the person verifying new cars were in the hands of new owner, we waved good buy ~ it was about 1230 hrs. Damn, two truck loads of 3’s and Y’s were being unloaded from the center turn lane. Half of the lot we just had driven past was, well, half empty since we had arrived earlier. Before you move onto the next blog thread write up, we passed three Tesla full trucks heading north just past fort Lewis on our way south.

Oh, and two days ago, I paralleled a Duce Coup ~ candy apple red of course.

Cheers

PS ~ we were in Paris, yes France, last October 2022 and if we saw two Tesla’s we were doing good. Probably too busy eating real French Fries 🤣😂😅

Anyone drive by a dealership and ask yourself, "wow how the hell are we going to transition to evs 100% across the globe in 1-2 decades"?

I just did this afternoon. Scary thought to me - seems insurmountable.
I do all the time and thus every step any OEM makes I cheer on, even if it is VW or Toyota.

Tesla's general objective is 50% YoY increase in P&D. Since Q2 should be over a 70% increase, is this likely to cause share price to surge or no since Q2 2022 was low and numbers will be somewhat in line with forecasts?
I am not anticipating any sort of share price surge after Q2. Most everything is priced in I think. Biggest question mark will be energy storage margins/revenues.

Anyone drive by a dealership and ask yourself, "wow how the hell are we going to transition to evs 100% across the globe in 1-2 decades"?

I just did this afternoon. Scary thought to me - seems insurmountable.

Given replacement rate of vehicles, unless 100% of new vehicle sales were EVs today you wouldn't transition to all EVs across the globe in even 2 decades- and 100% of new vehicle sales worldwide being EVs is still at least 10 years off at a minimum.... longer if legacy keeps dragging their feet... so the answer is we won't transition at the speed you suggest.

Threads of the day:
Off topic galore Elon Vs Zuck Fight Club
FSD discussion O'Dowd + Gerber Vs RoW Fight Club
Russia/Ukraine conflict Putin Vs Prigozhin Fight Club *Real Story*
Project Dojo - the SaaS Product? NVDA Vs TSLA Fight Club
The demise of the OEMs Tesla Vs RoW Fight Club
Tesla Optimus Sub-Prime Robot Human Vs machine Fight Club
Supercharger Revenue NACS Vs CCS Fight Club
1687668063860.png

UK/Tesla/Advertising

I just did a Google search (Opera, Android phone) for "uk ev share"

First link is sponsored to tesla.com

Below the link, hyperlinked title and 3 line description it has two further links for "Available Inventory" and "Test Drive a Tesla"

Clicking the advert info, Advertisier is verified as Tesla, US.

Available inventory takes me to a page with inventory and an information section saying "10,000 km Free Supercharging... Long Range RWD, Long Range AWD or Performance Model 3 in June 2023 to qualify". Terms and conditions link:- June 8-30th 2023. Delivery MUST happen before June 30, 2023. Can't cancel existing order & reorder. Can't transfer order to another person. Free Supercharging for original buyer only, disappears if sell car.

Model 3 RWD is £38,790 instead of £42,990 (struck through). Details:- New vehicle, free white paint.

I then repeated the search on Chrome (PC) and got.

1687689841677.png

UK/Tesla/Advertising

Below the link, hyperlinked title and 3 line description it has two further links for "Available Inventory" and "Test Drive a Tesla"

Available inventory takes me to a page with inventory and an information section saying "10,000 km Free Supercharging... Long Range RWD, Long Range AWD or Performance Model 3 in June 2023 to qualify". Terms and conditions link:- June 8-30th 2023. Delivery MUST happen before June 30, 2023. Can't cancel existing order & reorder. Can't transfer order to another person. Free Supercharging for original buyer only, disappears if sell car.

Model 3 RWD is £38,790 instead of £42,990 (struck through). Details:- New vehicle, free white paint.

View attachment 950674
So advertising with google

So advertising with google
Yep, probably limited geography & a timescale to clear out cars before end of June in UK (possibly elsewhere). UK is Right-Hand Drive - both Model 3 & Y come from China, whereas Model Y can come from Berlin for Left-Hand Drive European countries. I'm unsure of the China/Berlin Model Y mix for LHD in EU/EEC/Turkey etc. All Model 3 do come from China AFAIK for Europe though. So worth checking perhaps.

UK economy in dire straits at the moment, political uncertainty, plenty of strikes, huge mortgage cost increases for many, many more due to have mortgage increases soon. Buying a new car, starting a "company" car lease (where commitment to user sometimes continues past person leaving) would be a "brave" decision. many company cars were in the National Health Service and other organisations which are in a lot of trouble. Mentioning only because of the direct effect it has on Tesla sales in UK as Electric Cars are the only company cars that are tax efficient for most people.

UK Mortgages are quite different to USA ones (as I understand). Best not discuss here but their main difference is their short fixed duration. About 50% have an interest rate fixed for 5 years, most others are either floating ("tracker"), so risen hugely or 2 year fixes which USED to be the most common. The effect on Tesla and other car demand is that household mortgages will rise by £000s for many (not all) on top of doubling energy and food costs recently.

The desire to show off a new car might be less now as well. Many people who could afford it might save the money especially as savings rates improve.

Model 3 isn't a great form-factor for UK - big, non-hatchback. Model Y is better despite being bigger as the SUV style/hatchback is so much more practical.

Last edited:
UK/Tesla/Advertising

View attachment 950674
Definitely geographically limited..
Don't receive anything like that when I search from the US, and even replacing UK EV share to US EV share does not result in any links from Tesla

Definitely geographically limited..
Don't receive anything like that when I search from the US, and even replacing UK EV share to US EV share does not result in any links from Tesla
So, it's not global. The USA is probably the least similar to UK (as Model 3 don't come from China). Europe, is where there's more likely to be something similar. Could just be a VERY localised experiment by the UK team. Maybe someone in another Right-hand Drive country eg Ireland (or via VPN) could check? Ditto Belgium etc for Left hand Drive China Model 3s

My guess: Ireland yes, Europe no.

So, it's not global. The USA is probably the least similar to UK (as Model 3 don't come from China). Europe, is where there's more likely to be something similar. Could just be a VERY localised experiment by the UK team. Maybe someone in another Right-hand Drive country eg Ireland (or via VPN) could check? Ditto Belgium etc for Left hand Drive China Model 3s

My guess: Ireland yes, Europe no.

Not even on the first page in the Netherlands.

• Helpful
Reactions: UkNorthampton