Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucid losing massive amounts of money is becoming too predictable while short interest for this company is over 30%. I think it's due for a squeeze.
I may be wrong but shouldn't production and sales 'increase' qoq?

1691443560654.png

Hmmmm…. As I’ve said before. When the stock goes up everyone’s a genius. When the stock goes down Elon’s an idiot. Makes perfect sense. I’m willing to wager $5.00 that less than half the car buying public even knows who he is— unless it’s from SpaceX. Around here he’s the rocket guy to those who have heard of him.
Pretty sure everyone knows Elon, however not everyone knows how many times he takes a dump per day and for how long.

Since the CEO is also a joke, what did we expect? I'm sure the thumbs down will come flying but really, a cage match with another CEO? Especially since Musk will look like a complete idiot while getting the snot beat out of him.
You're kidding me right? By this same logic the other CEO is also a joke for offering to fight, yet that other CEO's company stock price is near all time high, how do you explain that? Clearly the market doesn't think the cage fight makes the CEOs a joke.

(Personally I don't like the cage fight due to its risks, but other than that I see nothing stupid about this, I hope more CEO can fight each other in cages as long as the safety issue is taken care of)

There is a bullish take on zach going. It might well be wishful thinking, but the logic is sound.
The CFO position is probably very exciting for a company that needs a major financial turnaround (like Rivian), and taking a company thats in the red and turning it to green is probably a real feel-good thing for a CFO. It doesn't sound like blowing up the death-star or defeating voldemort, but for someone who is a CFO, thats probably the best metaphor.

Whats the challenge for zach now?

The company is printing money like crazy, has zero debt, has enough cash to finance all foreseen expansion, despite a crazy rate of growth, has decent profit margins.... how tedious. Frankly from this point on, the job sounds kinda dull. Dojo needs a big investment? here, take some of this massive pile of cash. Supercharger network needs expanding? have some more cash.

There is nothing dull about being the CFO of a company as transformative as Tesla.
Zach left because he needed a break or wanted to retire.

Yet another absolute nonsense of a post from Elon on FSD.
This actually seems like it could be one of the most exciting posts about AI. It might not translate to shipping features sooner but it suggests as a result of trying to complete complex tasks with far more data than anyone has ever tried to use before they’ve cracked open the door on a NN architecture that nobody else has even written a white paper on.

I’d hardly call that nonsense.

There is nothing dull about being the CFO of a company as transformative as Tesla.
Zach left because he needed a break or wanted to retire.
We don't know why he left, there may have been a more interesting challenge elsewhere.

More interesting can also be less intense,

He may also need a break, or have something else planned like a long holiday.

I don't think the job is dull, but Zach may have formed an opinion that is successor can step up to the challenge, and that he has a more interesting challenge elsewhere.

The amount of EV FUD I am seeing now is incredible, never seen so many articles that either have just plain lies or really old data. It is rather sickening. Would really love if the leader of the EV revolution spent some cycles debunking this nonsense.
Mary's busy. Got some Cadillac's to hand build or something.

Tesla's mission is best served with maximizing profit levels given their production capacity. They will and should raise prices if demand increases faster than supply.
Sure. But Tesla's stated goal is 20M vehicles/year by 2030. That suggests that they will be increasing supply (by a lot!) to balance supply and demand, instead of raising prices to achieve balance.

Sure. But Tesla's stated goal is 20M vehicles/year by 2030. That suggests that they will be increasing supply (by a lot!) to balance supply and demand, instead of raising prices to achieve balance.
It is worth remembering that at least 50% of those 20M cars will be Gen3.

Tesla will aim to make reasonable margins on Gen3 cars and will also hope that some of those cost savings bubble up to higher cost models.

In addition the normal process of trying to improve / optimise products, and find cost savings will continue.

Should FSD be solved around the time Gen3 Robotaxis are in production Tesla can probably make 2-3 Gen3 Robotaxis for the cost of a competitor Robotaxi, Off lease and trade-in Model 3/Y are additional sources of low priced Robotaxis.

Tesla energy should also be ramping and increasingly contributing to profits.

It may not be necessary to raise prices to achieve good profits, and sometimes putting more cars in the Robotaxi fleet might be a better option than reducing prices.