Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's been a known limitation of Enhanced Summons for a very long time. It's due to regulatory concerns as it relies on the owner to monitor it, and you can't exactly monitor it if you can't see it.

I don't believe that's what makes it useless in a real world parking lot. What likely makes it difficult to use in most real world parking lots is all the chaos in them, and it still doesn't have good path planning like staying in the right side of the lane.

I think it's only going to be really useful for very specific situations. Like when I pick up my mom at the old people community. I have to fetch my car, and hope she doesn't fall over while I do it. With enhanced summons I can stay there and just summons it to me. It's going to be awesome, and it's the perfect low traffic, low drama situation for it. Even at 5mph it's faster than they drive.

Having recently had to deal with almost that very scenario with my mother last year, I can not agree more.

from my corp. experience i wonder......Who is the COO, CFO, Chief Logistics Officer, Chief Mkt person, National Sales Mgr, Head of Sales training?? these positions are extremely important..from my perspective i have no idea if they exist or who these people are. If those positions are filled..some of them need to be demoted..if Elon is filling all those himself he needs to get real and hire some professionals to fill those slots..his company has so much potential, but it's not a newbie any more it has to grow up and be the "adult E car manufacturer" in the world. He needs to read some msgs. from owners about their delivery & repair experiences. It doesn't have to go full steam into the traditional sales route, but they need to be organized & act professionally.. I would have purchased the FSD mode if anyone of the 4/5 "sales" people i spoke with over a 2 wk period addressed it/ explained it. I walked into the showroom today and not one employee looked up to greet me & not all of them were busy. That might seem like no big deal, but when you are trying to make a real impact and YES, ladies & Gents SELL cars..it ALL matters!!

Reactions: GSP
from my corp. experience i wonder......Who is the COO, CFO, Chief Logistics Officer, Chief Mkt person, National Sales Mgr, Head of Sales training?? these positions are extremely important..from my perspective i have no idea if they exist or who these people are. If those positions are filled..some of them need to be demoted..if Elon is filling all those himself he needs to get real and hire some professionals to fill those slots..his company has so much potential, but it's not a newbie any more it has to grow up and be the "adult E car manufacturer" in the world. He needs to read some msgs. from owners about their delivery & repair experiences. It doesn't have to go full steam into the traditional sales route, but they need to be organized & act professionally.. I would have purchased the FSD mode if anyone of the 4/5 "sales" people i spoke with over a 2 wk period addressed it/ explained it. I walked into the showroom today and not one employee looked up to greet me & not all of them were busy. That might seem like no big deal, but when you are trying to make a real impact and YES, ladies & Gents SELL cars..it ALL matters!!
It is as it appears to be... Or, “If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...”

Reactions: SammichLover

I deal with the likes of Microsoft every day. A company that most would say is well established and not going away any time soon. Yet trying to get any of them to give you the time of day is like trying to part the red sea. Now I'm not saying you are wrong about there needing to be changes in areas. I happen to do all of my business through the Fremont factory and my experience is always stellar. The employees are attentive and extremely friendly, but I recognize that your experience was probably different. Yours is not the first complaint I've heard out of New Jersey.

As with all companies there is a proper chain of command. Elon is not the go to for sales or marketing problems. It's amazing that he interacts with the public as much as he does given the hours he works and that he's doing this for 4 very disruptive companies at the same time.

By all means, if you had a bad experience at a Tesla location or with a rep, report it! All large companies are going to have bad employees or even badly managed locations. But unless the right people are notified the problem will persist much longer than it needs to. And given the negative press that is often agenda pushed where Tesla is concerned, it might take more than one person's complaint to get the ball rolling unless you can provide compelling evidence as everyone is a bit suspicious these days. Call the main sales number and ask who the manager of that location is. Then ask for that managers manager. Be assertive but professional and you will likely find some closure. You can also call another location and explain your issue. They might be able to both assist you as well as pass the word along that all is not well. The issues you are having are not the norm, but people rarely write good reviews. But when they are wronged, they race to let the world know. And that's not bad. It's also not a fair representation of Tesla as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.