Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla YANKED FSD option without notice - Class Action lawsuit? Any Lawyers here? [Resolved]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a bad (or good in this case!?) habbit to collect and save every piece of documents available!
This a reason why I was able to make my point.
I will save it all once FSD shows up, not yet. Fingers crossed.

Fairly easy to collect if the company has physical assets in your state. You can have the sheriff seize assets, and auction said asset to pay the judgement. You grab the VIN of a model X in the store, go tp the sheriff, and file the lean, and they take the car
Yep you can do that.....but finding a sheriff in Orange County that would actually do that may be a hard task....Resources and time......but you have a point.....would like to see that tried here

As is 2PM EDT, nothing has been restored.

The whole idea of providing a piece of evidence to the company, sourced from the same company website or CPA is just bizarre!
Either that company has no the records retention system at all or the CS department is totally incompetent. Not saying it's Tesla case, but should make you wonder.

I knew you would say that even before I got to reading here.

This is almost like Rich's missing car no one knows. Took the money, but no one talks... Until his mini-series went viral. When then, the escalation continued to screwed up for a while longer.

Unfortunately, the patterns with customer stories and legal spitting new warranty exemption seems like I just woke up in a Mitsubishi car in their dealership.

Scary as a customer how we are treated. We have to tell the world and story goes viral before someone response? That is customer service?

Yeh yeh. Fanboys will say there is no wrong with Tesla.... Until it is your turn and be happy about the treatment.

Hope you get them to resolve soon.

Scary as a customer how we are treated. We have to tell the world and story goes viral before someone response? That is customer service?

Yeh yeh. Fanboys will say there is no wrong with Tesla.... Until it is your turn and be happy about the treatment.

I hate that feeling these days that 'the right thing' is 'whatever you can get away with'. It is a very unfortunate attitude that is to everyones' detriment. It attacks customers and suppliers equally because poor service turns customers into 'complaining, dissatisfied nuisances' who deserve what they get!

Reactions: Chaserr
Your problem is one thing and it I sad for you, but now you have tesla to shitt light in the newpapers maybe if tesla gone make it good is it even respectful to let the newspaper know that you get your options back, you only use this forum for your pockets you have no passion for the brand only ego

Your problem is one thing and it I sad for you, but now you have tesla to shitt light in the newpapers maybe if tesla gone make it good is it even respectful to let the newspaper know that you get your options back, you only use this forum for your pockets you have no passion for the brand only ego

Hope his problem no more shitt tesla be in good lite when done.

Reactions: Geek190
I too purchased a used 2017 Tesla model S but I purchased it directly from Tesla, not a 3rd party. FSD was enabled when I made the purchase but it was disabled within 24 hours. It took 2 months for Tesla to turn it back on and only because I dropped the car off at the Tesla store and demanded they take the car back. It sat there for over a week before I heard back. It has remained on and working for 2 months now. Super frustrating and feels illegal.

I have a bad (or good in this case!?) habbit to collect and save every piece of documents available!
This a reason why I was able to make my point.
I will save it all once FSD shows up, not yet. Fingers crossed.
Everything is BACK now!
Now, I feel like I want to be useful and help my fellow Tesla owners in the same situation and since I have Tesla experience team member's cell phone number on my speed dial, I am willing to serve as go-between and forward a legit complaint. Maybe set a new threat or poll? How and what should I do? I open for suggestions.
P.S. I have asked the moderator to change this threat title to Resolved, as well I've sent email to Jalopnik.

Congrats! We've learned that Tesla will do the right thing sometimes - but maybe only when you get the media's attention and turn your problem into a viral circus act.

You may also be banned from buying new Teslas now.
Hey.... let's revel and bask for a moment and share Alec's joy!

And save those contacts for something really important. Imagine like a Genie in the lamp.... Don't waste your wishes.

Reactions: Chaserr
Congrats! We've learned that Tesla will do the right thing sometimes - but maybe only when you get the media's attention and turn your problem into a viral circus act.

You may also be banned from buying new Teslas now.
While Tesla worked on the restoration my car color was changed to Violent! I've contacted them back to recheck the configuration and make sure it was properly assigned, so next software update won't revert everything back. Now it displays red again, as well as shows FSD on my account page.

Reactions: Gixx1300R
Does this mean purchased software packages stay with the owner?
Certainly if the original owner was given the option to accept a similarly optioned car in settlement - and he accepted it as part of his lemon law buyback - then it goes w/the replacement car. Most lemons though - dont cause buyers to want the same type car. Tesla shouldn't have to give away a free upgrade if that's the case. However there is a common law Doctrine called justifiable /detremental Reliance - which they (subsequent purchaser) might be able to hang their hat on - since Tesla was sloppy in leaving it enabled.
I paid for FSD and can't use it still. He didn't pay for it, and gets to use it ? :confused:
ah - no NO ONE gets to use it, because it hasn't been activated for the General Public during the entire 4 years that Tesla has been selling it.

Last edited: