Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLAA - Android Auto for Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat, I'm wondering if Tesla doesn't want Teslaa running and maliciously is blocking its connection over the VPN somehow now? Maybe to get these few people to subscribe to their monthly live traffic service?

It looks like the browser is trying to load the site and keeps flickering like it's about to load but then fails and the browser then sometimes appears to freeze.
I tried your same fixes with no luck.

Edit. Clearing the tesla browser cache did not fix the problem.
If people without FSD begin reporting that same problem after a new firmware install, then I would agree with you. However, there doesn't appear to be a problem, except with FSDb. It could be a slight change in the car's software or it's even possible that 11.4.2 uses an updated chromium browser that has a bug.

If people without FSD begin reporting that same problem after a new firmware install, then I would agree with you. However, there doesn't appear to be a problem, except with FSDb. It could be a slight change in the car's software or it's even possible that 11.4.2 uses an updated chromium browser that has a bug.
Looks like Tesla went from chromium 102 to 109 in the 2023.6.1 general release on March 3rd which matches the text in the fsd 11.4.2 notes for 2023.7.5.

"The vehicle's browser has been updated. Tesla’s browser was previously based on Chrome version 102, which was released in the summer of 2022.

It is now based on a more recent release, version 109, which contains various bug fixes and support for newer web standards."

I suspect the non FSD builds have this same issue on this 109 version of chromium.

Looks like Tesla went from chromium 102 to 109 in the 2023.6.1 general release on March 3rd which matches the text in the fsd 11.4.2 notes for 2023.7.5.

"The vehicle's browser has been updated. Tesla’s browser was previously based on Chrome version 102, which was released in the summer of 2022.

It is now based on a more recent release, version 109, which contains various bug fixes and support for newer web standards."

I suspect the non FSD builds have this same issue on this 109 version of chromium.
I'll ask Emil, the author of teslaa.

Reactions: beachmiles
It's a known bug in a lot of the chineseum implementations.. apparently teslaa is affected too somehow, although that suprises me.

1685616950283.png

• Informative
My TeslAA has been working pretty flawlessly. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but after upgrading my phone from the Z Flip 4 to the Z Flip 5, my TeslAA screen randomly disconnects and reconnects automatically. I also notice that the Bluetooth connection for audio has issues too, so it could be related to some weird bluetooth bug.

Haven't seen any other users here report this issue, but I also don't have Slack access to see if it's been reported directly to the Dev.

My TeslAA has been working pretty flawlessly. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but after upgrading my phone from the Z Flip 4 to the Z Flip 5, my TeslAA screen randomly disconnects and reconnects automatically. I also notice that the Bluetooth connection for audio has issues too, so it could be related to some weird bluetooth bug.

Haven't seen any other users here report this issue, but I also don't have Slack access to see if it's been reported directly to the Dev.
Yes I have been seeing this happen like once every 10 minutes or so, sometimes a couple times in a minute. I reported to the dev with a video example on slack. I've disable most every power savings setting but maybe there is some other thing I'm missing or something else has changed in my Samsung apps or the teslAA app / webpage. Will try disabling gps tonight in the webpage.

Reactions: lickwid
Yes I have been seeing this happen like once every 10 minutes or so, sometimes a couple times in a minute. I reported to the dev with a video example on slack. I've disable most every power savings setting but maybe there is some other thing I'm missing or something else has changed in my Samsung apps or the teslAA app / webpage. Will try disabling gps tonight in the webpage.
Which phone do you have? Please keep us updated. Appreciate it.

Any updates on this?

I think the issue may be related to Andriod 14, as TESLAA was working perfectly for the last 18 months, and then immediately after my phone (Samsung S23 Ultra) did it's OneUI 6 (aka Android 14) update a couple of days ago TESLAA is basically unusable due to the disconnects/refreshes.

Any updates on this?

I think the issue may be related to Andriod 14, as TESLAA was working perfectly for the last 18 months, and then immediately after my phone (Samsung S23 Ultra) did it's OneUI 6 (aka Android 14) update a couple of days ago TESLAA is basically unusable due to the disconnects/refreshes.

Working fine on my S23+ on A14 BWK5 and the previous BWJM official release

Mine was working fine for months until about a week or so ago on my 2023 Y with no FSD. I switched to YT music from Spotify and was enjoying that for about a week. It happened about 1 Tesla official software upgrade ago. There is now another pending update. Currently , it just sits at the gray "make sure you're connected" screen.
I might switch to another phone to weed out phone side problems.

Mine was working fine for months until about a week or so ago on my 2023 Y with no FSD. I switched to YT music from Spotify and was enjoying that for about a week. It happened about 1 Tesla official software upgrade ago. There is now another pending update. Currently , it just sits at the gray "make sure you're connected" screen.
I might switch to another phone to weed out phone side problems.
Switched to another phone and it worked well for about a month. It does sometimes disconnect but I attribute it to being in no signal zones on the I-15 between LA and Vegas. And then it stopped working last week. I get the "make sure you're connected" screen again. Tried to start service manually multiple times to no avail.... Annoying.

Mine was being finicky yesterday and would not connect. I did all of the basic troubleshooting - reboot phone/car, verify Hotspot is connected, verify BT is connected, manually started Teslaa on the phone - no joy. On my way to a SC so I just left it there to debug further once I stopped.

About 5 minutes later it came up by itself and has been working since.

S23 and 2023.44.30.8.