Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well....we have a big problem. Tesla appears to have removed the battery_current response from the API in software version 17.11.3. Unfortunately I rely on this field pretty heavily and parts of the site are not going to work without it.

I'll monitor what's going on today but I won't be able to dig in deeper until tonight. All versions before 17.11.3 still work fine.
Are there really no alternative fields there to support the display of charging rates within app? I'd find that hard to believe!

Well....we have a big problem. Tesla appears to have removed the battery_current response from the API in software version 17.11.3. Unfortunately I rely on this field pretty heavily and parts of the site are not going to work without it.

I'll monitor what's going on today but I won't be able to dig in deeper until tonight. All versions before 17.11.3 still work fine.

Actually it doesn't look too bad. Supercharger efficiency is going to have to be recalculated and seep modes are going to have to be imagined. So far that's all I've found.

If anyone finds any issues please enter them in the bug tracker.

Thanks

Reactions: bmah
Actually it doesn't look too bad. Supercharger efficiency is going to have to be recalculated and seep modes are going to have to be imagined. So far that's all I've found.

If anyone finds any issues please enter them in the bug tracker.

Thanks

So you've already made some changes and it is "safe" to update to 8.1 without risking losing (significant) data?

I haven't got the update yet (and will be away from my AP2 MS for roughly another week still), but am very eager to install 8.1 and try out the new features. Don't want to lose teslafi logging though!

So you've already made some changes and it is "safe" to update to 8.1 without risking losing (significant) data?

I haven't got the update yet (and will be away from my AP2 MS for roughly another week still), but am very eager to install 8.1 and try out the new features. Don't want to lose teslafi logging though!
Yes, it's safe to upgrade. Everything is still being logged as before it's just a matter of interpreting the data in new ways. 99% of things are displaying properly on 8.1. Even if things don't appear to be working right now I can recalculate to display them properly later.

The biggest unknown right now is the sleep modes. The TeslaFi sleep mode really relied on the detailed 0.x accuracy of the battery_current data to know when to allow the car to sleep. If I try to use the power data it's accuracy is 0 or 1. The power only really reads anything other than 0 when the heating/cooling is on or a drive/charge is occurring. It's kind of a shame since I spent so much time on sleep modes based on the battery_current data point. In fact, sleeping and reducing vampire loss is the reason I started my own data logger. HOPEFULLY this is just an oversight and the data point will reappear. However, I'm starting to think that since the Amps were removed from the cars display during supercharging recently that this may have been intentional though.

Yes, it's safe to upgrade. Everything is still being logged as before it's just a matter of interpreting the data in new ways. 99% of things are displaying properly on 8.1. Even if things don't appear to be working right now I can recalculate to display them properly later.

The biggest unknown right now is the sleep modes. The TeslaFi sleep mode really relied on the detailed 0.x accuracy of the battery_current data to know when to allow the car to sleep. If I try to use the power data it's accuracy is 0 or 1. The power only really reads anything other than 0 when the heating/cooling is on or a drive/charge is occurring. It's kind of a shame since I spent so much time on sleep modes based on the battery_current data point. In fact, sleeping and reducing vampire loss is the reason I started my own data logger. HOPEFULLY this is just an oversight and the data point will reappear. However, I'm starting to think that since the Amps were removed from the cars display during supercharging recently that this may have been intentional though.

Thanks for all your work. It's quite the bang for the buck with as dedicated you are to the usefulness of the site & as quick as you are to investigate issues.

Thanks for the updates, James. Just so I'm understanding correctly, it's safe to upgrade to 8.1 but it's likely that these vehicles won't sleep as often/much as before (under the same conditions). Is that accurate?
I wanted to watch what happened since more cars are upgrading to 8.1. Unfortunately they are not sleeping at all. I'll have to try using the power field and see how it goes.

Mine slept last night. Gained 192.44 while sleeping (got confused and thought it started at 0).

Sleep 14 Battery Address Time Started Ended Starting Range Ending Range Range Loss kWh Loss Delete
% 7 Hour 13 Minutes 12:00 AM 7:14 AM 241.98 -198.44 -52.73

Thanks. What is your username or car ID on TeslaFi so I can take a look? You can direct message me if you prefer.