Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure if the question of Efficiency VS Wh/mile has been explained but would someone please refresh the difference again:

leader-board-png.229916

Naeblis has the least Wh / Mile 212 but the efficiency is 123% which is lower than mine "Tam" at 129.9% but my Wh / Mile is not as good at 233.

The table shows mine is more efficient, I should be able to use less energy in the same mile which should be less Wh / Mile.

The table shows Naeblis is less efficient, why would the Wh / Mile shows more efficient?

Your cars have different rated efficiencies. Your S85, like mine, is Rated to be 100% efficient at 300 Wh/mile. A 100D weighs more than an 85 RWD, so likely has a rated efficiency such as 310 Wh/mile.

So does sleep actually work right now if you firmware doesn't have battery_current? I have not upgraded my firmware in a long time.
Yes it works. The main thing that battery_current was used for was to determine when the car was ready to go to sleep, i.e. battery_current reaches 0. If battery_current was hovering at .1 it wasn't ready to go to sleep and TeslaFi wouldn't attempt to put the car to sleep until it hit 0.

Now since battery_current is gone TeslaFi uses the "Idle Time Before Trying To Sleep" setting in the settings page to determine when to attempt to put the car to sleep. It's definitely not as smooth as it was with battery_current since there can be a few attempts to sleep that don't actually put the car to sleep but it still works.

Reactions: David99
How is the data accuracy for cars with the battery_current PID versus ones without? Is the data for kWh used, etc better with that data? What exactly is impacted in cars without that data in the API?
The battery_current was used for mostly the sleep monitoring and displaying amperage throughout the site. Now areas that don't directly provide amps are just calculated using power and voltage. None of the kWh calculations used the battery_current. Aside from the sleep issue, there is no noticeable difference other than slightly less precise amperage displayed for supercharging sessions.

Apologies if this has been explained before; I searched this thread for a number of terms and haven't seen a good explanation. I'm comparing consumption numbers reported on TeslaFi vs. my in-car trip display and I'm seeing marked differences between the two. The mileage is the same, but the energy consumed differs greatly, with TeslaFi appearing to always calculate higher consumption. I see that there is a Wh/mi factor setting, which I could dial down a bit. Am I to assume that the car's trip readout is the accurate representation, and that TeslaFi is estimating based on RM consumption?

Reactions: hiroshiy
Apologies if this has been explained before; I searched this thread for a number of terms and haven't seen a good explanation. I'm comparing consumption numbers reported on TeslaFi vs. my in-car trip display and I'm seeing marked differences between the two. The mileage is the same, but the energy consumed differs greatly, with TeslaFi appearing to always calculate higher consumption. I see that there is a Wh/mi factor setting, which I could dial down a bit. Am I to assume that the car's trip readout is the accurate representation, and that TeslaFi is estimating based on RM consumption?
Hi. You're correct. You can dial that factor down based on what you see in the car trip readout.

I do need to go back and revisit this. I'm sure I have plenty of data now to set a default factor for each model.

Reactions: rpez021 and David99
Just an idle thought, I wonder what others think about it?

There has been talk of the new version, I'm on AP1 and version 17.11.10 (since 06-Apr). Its still the most common version for AP1, but not by much. I can see when people received it and, indeed, there have been a few over the last week.

What I thought might be interesting? in addition to the "rate of download" is the "rate of departure to a new version" and "what that new version is". That might give me an indication whether people on my version were starting to get a newer version, and if so at what "rate" along with territory and model

Under the New Token screen, what does "Enable Controls" do? I hit it and got confirmation that Controls Enabled, but don't know what it actually enabled.

Hit the "WiFi" looking concentric arcs icon next to the green battery icon at the center bottom of the grey header area at the top of the page. That exposes the controls, the usual honk, light flash, unlock, and climate.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone
James continues to add to the Controls -
upload_2017-6-28_8-31-41.png

In addition to those displayed above (pretty standard, but the method of setting charge level is nice since you don't have to try to precisely move the slider), he has also added a Plug In Reminder:
upload_2017-6-28_8-32-39.png

I just turned it on (so haven't actually used it yet), but this is something that I think is a great addition.

Thanks James!

Hi,

I installed Sense and it's noticing 5% more usage for my Tesla than TeslaFi when charging my Model S. Someone on the Tesla forums wrote this and I'd like some feedback on it:

I believe Teslifi is a measurement from inside the car, of power delivered to the batteries. That will differ from the power utilization measured at the panel. There are going to be losses between the two points due to:
* ohmic losses through house wiring and HPWC.
* active losses within the charger circuitry in the car

Hi,

I installed Sense and it's noticing 5% more usage for my Tesla than TeslaFi when charging my Model S. Someone on the Tesla forums wrote this and I'd like some feedback on it:

I believe Teslifi is a measurement from inside the car, of power delivered to the batteries. That will differ from the power utilization measured at the panel. There are going to be losses between the two points due to:
* ohmic losses through house wiring and HPWC.
* active losses within the charger circuitry in the car

*Tesla fudging the numbers it's reporting.

If you really want to know the actual numbers, third party device is the best way to go, of course you have to validate the calibration of that device. No logger can unfudge the numbers.