Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if you want these as bug reports or feature requests on the site or posting here is also ok?

First of all, I am more and more impressed at what you've done here. Great job!

I have two very small requests:
1. Can we have the option to sort the drives/idles in chronological order instead of reverse-chronological? That seems more natural to me.

I added a little arrow at the top of the list that will change the sorting. It will remember your preference as well.

As I was looking at the leaderboards, I see the in 70 pack category there are 3 instances (1 owner is listed twice) that exceed starting capacity that's allowed for a 70 pack. I'm guessing they chose the wrong car.

Unfortunately I'm learning from some international users that their API returns the ideal milage where the rated milage would be in the U.S. I don't know if I have that right or not, I need to spend some time mapping the fields but something is definitely swapped.

The ranking appears to be fine though. It's just the starting and ending range may be incorrect. I guess that would give them a disadvantage on the range pushers board however.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroshiy
Same here. At least put up a Paypal Donate link!

Same here!

I have been manually logging basic information (date, fuel, distance..) by hand since the old days of ICE for decades and I haven't stopped with my Tesla.

Thanks James for such a wonderful automatic trip logging service and I am willing to donate $5.00 monthly for the privilege of participating in this beta project.

Count me as one of the impressed users. I am late to the party, only joining a couple of weeks ago.

Outstanding design providing both meaningful summaries and the option to drill down to further details, including more or less the raw data collected.

Hey James, I'm not sure I'm at a point right now to appreciate the data being logged. Is there a way to stop logging the data,? Do I need to delete something to do that? I'm not techie enough to know what's going on...just that I probably shouldn't have signed up to be a beta tester just yet, LOL.

Thanks for your help!

Hey James, I'm not sure I'm at a point right now to appreciate the data being logged. Is there a way to stop logging the data,? Do I need to delete something to do that? I'm not techie enough to know what's going on...just that I probably shouldn't have signed up to be a beta tester just yet, LOL.

Thanks for your help!

You can go into your settings page and uncheck "Logging Enabled" and hit submit. This will stop the data logger from polling your car.

You can also delete the token at the top of the page if you wish but isn't necessary.

• Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel
It looks like there are a lot of happy campers using this tool. I plan on registering today. Any downside as far as energy consumption, data always being downloaded, security concerns?

I have been using for about six weeks and have been very happy with it. I haven't noticed any difference in energy consumption, although I was using TeslaLog before TeslaFi so probably wouldn't be a difference. My vampire loss varies day-to-day, although I have TeslaFi on all the time so the variability must be due to other factors. I typically see about 6-7 miles of loss every 24 hours on average, but occasionally will see twice that for unknown reasons.

As for security concerns, only you can answer that for yourself. It's not something I am worried about personally.

For me, 6 to 7 miles is worth it for this data. It's only about $.30 a day and I am relatively sure that the bulk of this loss is not due to data communication energy consumption (I could be wrong on this though). It's funny, when you look at this on an annual basis, six or 7 miles per day becomes over 2100 miles per year!

As to the security, I guess worst case I can think of is someone hacks into Tesla or Teslafi and is somehow able to control our automobiles. Hopefully there are safeguards all around but hackers are clever folks.

It looks like there are a lot of happy campers using this tool. I plan on registering today. Any downside as far as energy consumption, data always being downloaded, security concerns?

1) If you set energy saving/sleep feature in your car, there's an option so the program does not wake up your car.

2) This is a logging program, so if you are concerned about privacy, you need to avoid as much logging capability (such as this program) as possible. The less logging is around, the less chance for someone to leak your privacy.

Reactions: Jdeck
2) This is a logging program, so if you are concerned about privacy, you need to avoid as much logging capability (such as this program) as possible.The less logging is around, the less chance for someone to leak your privacy.

I think the concern about privacy is not so much what data is being collected, but rather how secure is the login/connection information handled?

In order to use any of these logging services, you need to provide your MyTesla login credentials to these third-party websites. What they do with that info is anyone's guess. But taken at face value, they store that information temporarily (in memory only) in order to retrieve the Tesla API Token, which then provides them the credentials to connect to your car and download data. Once the token is retrieved, the login info is discarded. Or is it? Just think what someone else could do with your MyTesla login information.

That said, I personally trust that Teslafi.com doesn't do anything nefarious with the login credentials and they are discarded immediately after being used to obtain the token.

Also, if you're concerned about these sites having the token, which can totally locate and control your car, all you need to do is change your password on the MyTesla site, and that should expire all existing tokens.

Of course anyone concerned about their location privacy shouldn't be using this site (or any like it) in the first place.