Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, not at all. You can look at the raw data logs and check out what was going on or open at ticket in the support section and I'll take a look at it.
I opened a ticket (#44) and never got a response, but wanted to mention today's trip from Home->Work was recorded properly. So basically, it just missed a trip yesterday from Home to an untagged location. I assume the fact the location not being tagged has nothing to do with it being left out?

Also, Chrome is warning that the site isn't secure. Any idea why?

I opened a ticket (#44) and never got a response, but wanted to mention today's trip from Home->Work was recorded properly. So basically, it just missed a trip yesterday from Home to an untagged location. I assume the fact the location not being tagged has nothing to do with it being left out?

Also, Chrome is warning that the site isn't secure. Any idea why?
Sorry, I've been focusing on the 8.1 issues. I just replied.

My car has been parked at the airport for the last 5 days, so still on the old SW.

First few days it slept like a champ, but over the last few days it has only slept a few minutes. Any ideas why? Only change I can think of is I dropped the target charge % (to below the current charge level).

Car ID is 1272

My car has been parked at the airport for the last 5 days, so still on the old SW.

First few days it slept like a champ, but over the last few days it has only slept a few minutes. Any ideas why? Only change I can think of is I dropped the target charge % (to below the current charge level).

Car ID is 1272
I'm not sure to be honest with you. It's as if something is waking it up. It's also got many failed sleeping attempts which shouldn't happen. I'd suggest restarting the computer but that obviously isn't an option. You could turn on deep sleep for the the majority of the day and it will only poll every 30 minutes. You could see if that helps it sleep better.

So I'm trying to test out some new sleep mode ideas. I set a 8.1 vehicle to poll full data every two minutes during an idle session and the darn thing keeps going to sleep on me. I wake it up and continue to poll every two minutes and it's back to sleep within 10 minutes.

Could be a fluke but it's encouraging.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 10.02.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Is there a way to see what the kWh was at a certain polling time?

My car is currently at the body shop and I noticed they moved it to their other location down the street today. When I looked at the drive, the punk that was driving my car was going 66mph in a 40mph zone during one of the polls. I'd like to know what the kWh reading was at that moment. I have since enabled Valet mode from the app... not sure why the Tesla service center didn't do that before they took it over there. Will teslafi still be able to capture data while in valet mode? I'd like to see what they do on the return trip next week.

This is from the drive between shops today:
2.18 Miles Driven
5.52 Rated Miles Used
700 Wh/Mile
39.6% Efficiency
Avg Speed 24 MPH

Is there a way to see what the kWh was at a certain polling time?
Yes, there is.
You can go to the settings page and klick "Download all TeslaFi Data". You can unpack the resulting .csv.gz file using most archive managers (I use 7zip an a windows PC). The .csv file contains the raw data recorded for your car. in the column "power" you'll find the power usage at that polling time.

I have very little vampire. Energy savings on, always connected off. I'm curious if recent builds are different?
I was talking about vampire drain in idle mode. If you turn on Energy Saving mode, then the car likely sleeps and vampire drain will be greatly reduced. Right now I updated the firmware so my car doesn't go into sleep, so very high vampire drain.

But compared with older firmware, in idle mode, vampire drain seems to be significantly increased.

Reactions: sdorn
I was talking about vampire drain in idle mode. If you turn on Energy Saving mode, then the car likely sleeps and vampire drain will be greatly reduced. Right now I updated the firmware so my car doesn't go into sleep, so very high vampire drain.

But compared with older firmware, in idle mode, vampire drain seems to be significantly increased.

Agreed, I don't want to have to turn on energy saving mode or turn off always connected. I can live with high vampire drain as I rarely need all the range I have anyway, but it would always be nice if the drain was slower.

Mine isn't terrible. Last night I finished charging at 11pm and was at 285 rated miles. Now it is 15 hours later and I'm at 281 rated miles.