Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaWaze updates (was: TeslaWaze is Done!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hmm - work in progress maybe, yesterday late journey so roads clear, this morning's commute no traffic updates so roads showing green when definitely traffic queues. Still overall a great interface and the Mapbox maps working well, hopefully the traffic status lines can be added soon.
Great credit to @ericwol for responding to Google's new charging regime by moving to opensource, and seemingly dealing with glitches in Tesla's browser.

I had MCU freeze/crash problems with my December 2016 model S90D. I took it to the SC and they told me that my trip meters had too many miles on them. I had over 11,000 miles and I was leaving it that way so I could see my average Kwh since the car was delivered. The assistant manager and technician said that there is a known memory problem with the car where it is running out of memory and that was causing the screen to crash.

I know that there were some reports of Tesla-Waze causing an issue but I think Eric resolved that problem. Check your trip meters and it they have a lot of miles on them, reset them to zero and see if the crashes go away.

I had this issue and it ended up being because my Android phone was plugged in to the cars USB port, only to charge it. It seamed that the cars USB drives was crashing the MCU because it tried to talk to the phone storage system. Went to a cigarette lighter USB charger and had no issues since.

• Informative
Reactions: Russell
I'm new to this and was reading through as much as I could, so you just open the web browser, enter the website and thats it? Are there any audio alerts? This is just to see the Waze incidents right? I didnt see a way to actually input an address. Obviously I could have two navigation screens up.. Am I missing anything?

I'm new to this and was reading through as much as I could, so you just open the web browser, enter the website and thats it? Are there any audio alerts? This is just to see the Waze incidents right? I didnt see a way to actually input an address. Obviously I could have two navigation screens up.. Am I missing anything?
Just put the address in the browser and that's it.

• Informative
Reactions: Jivas
Not sure why, but having many issues over the last two weeks getting Teslawaze to load/refresh both at the beginning of a drive and during the drive. Have tried manual refresh, loading another website and returning, but nothing seems to work consistently. I have used and loved this program since I got my Tesla 2 years ago, so would love to hear any suggestions. I really don't want to abandon it.

Not sure why, but having many issues over the last two weeks getting Teslawaze to load/refresh both at the beginning of a drive and during the drive. Have tried manual refresh, loading another website and returning, but nothing seems to work consistently. I have used and loved this program since I got my Tesla 2 years ago, so would love to hear any suggestions. I really don't want to abandon it.

I’ve been having the same issue.

• Funny
Reactions: towndrunk
here as well, not sure if it is a Tesla browser issue, it's like the page doesn't refresh fully even when forced.
If you switch to other windows - maps/media etc and leave for a few minutes then switch back Teslawaze is functioning again. Some weirdness for sure.
Also would love to see the rainfall radar back again if this is possible as it is missing in the uk at least.

Reactions: JohnnyG and .jg.