Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all!

Put my order in on 5 Dec.
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Still waiting to hear something. Just like a few others have mentioned here I am hoping this arrives before the end of the year so I can take advantage of the Tax credit (Colorado) before it gets cut in half next year.

Cheers!

With my delivery scheduled for tomorrow, Stopped by the SC today. (Im fortunate enough to live less than 10 miles away) to see if the Y had arrived. It had arrived but not yet prepped. Gave it a quick 5 min once over. Metal scroll wheels, laminated glass, USB in glovebox. All of the body panels lined up like you'd expect an ICE vehicle to. Frunk lid was straight and true and aligned perfectly. Ditto for the rear hatch. All 4 doors also were straight, no gaps, no issues. Headliner was free of dirt. White interior looked spotless and REALLY white. Rear bumper color (white) appeared to match as close as I could expect it to but this was indoor lighting. Car had not been washed/cleaned/prepped yet. But overall, the build quality looked suprisingly good.

and the final post on this topic.
Pickup was yesterday. Im rather picky but have to say, the delivery and car were 10/10. Not 9/10. 10/10. I went over the car for 30 mins looking for SOMETHING. Anything. Only thing at all were slight remnants of manufacturers stickers/decals on one or two of the tires. That literally, was it.

Soo, thinking that I was perhaps looking at the car via rose colored glasses, took a deeper look at it today. Looked at every panel, every panel gap. Every wheel. Sat in the front, the back, drove it, rode in it as a passenger. Only thing? A slight squeak from the steering column when using the telescoping feature.

So for this delivery, this specific experience, Have to give them a 10. Wish I could say that for my service issues with my model S, but thats a separate topic. But for this Y delivery and quality thus far of this Y? A solid 10.

Finally got my VIN! 41 days waiting!

MYP 901XX.

Set for delivery to my house on the 18th. I’m curious as to how they plan on dealing with my model S trade in.
Curious. You say 41 days waiting, but you show an order modification on 12/1. Doesn't that mean that you really were waiting 12 days for a VIN? Just wondering since I ordered on 11/13, but changed the interior color (black to white) on 11/20. I figured that reset my timeline. Congrats on the VIN, by the way. I'm very envious!

Curious. You say 41 days waiting, but you show an order modification on 12/1. Doesn't that mean that you really were waiting 12 days for a VIN? Just wondering since I ordered on 11/13, but changed the interior color (black to white) on 11/20. I figured that reset my timeline. Congrats on the VIN, by the way. I'm very envious!
I was told by Tesla that it didn’t change the timing. But believe we hat you will. There are a lot of people on these boards who have very strong opinions based on very flimsy evidence. Personally, I think that the proximity to the end of quarter has more to do with it than the change.

Originally ordered 6/10/20 with scheduled delivery on 8/30/20.

Was called 8/30 and informed that a tire had been damaged in transport and there were none available in the service center. Weren’t sure they would be able to get one in that week and possibly greater (Labor Day the following weekend). Received another call Labor Day weekend that the car had been damaged. I asked to see it and was told I could come to the lot. When I arrived, another employee told me I wasn’t allowed to see the vehicle and that the car would be repaired. I rejected delivery and reluctantly re-ordered.

I heard NOTHING from Tesla for the next 2 months. I started making inquiries about the “new” order in late November and was told an advisor would contact me. I’ve received ZERO calls/texts from Tesla. I’ve called once/week to week and a half since then and each time I’m given no updates and told someone will call me. So, on this order, I’ve been waiting approximately 99 days.

Latest call was this morning. Not sure if it’s my local Tesla or if they’re as blind as I am. Either way, customer service has been non-existent.

Wait what? I ordered my Model Y 2 weeks ago. Said I was paying cash for it and finished all the steps in my account. But then I decided to finance it and so that took a week to get done with all the paperwork, proof of income etc. But it's been done for a few days and I was told that I never lost my place in the queue. So how the heck did you get a vin in a day when I ordered at the end of Nov?
Can't say. Configuration? I mean, I flew through the whole process. But then again, this is my second Tesla.

Reactions: DoctorBenjamin
Interesting, my entry in the spreadsheet disappeared. Been there since 9-11 and now its gone. Not that I had any news to add, still don't have a VIN. Enter it again?

MYP, MSM, White, TOW, Auto

Yeah, you can submit it again. Click the link in the top left to edit your data.

There is a note on the page:

Entries last updated more than 91 days ago are not shown (unless it's LR RWD). If you can't find your entry, open the form again and click submit. This will refresh the last update date and your entry will reappear.​

Hope you get some news soon!

Yeah, you can submit it again. Click the link in the top left to edit your data.

There is a note on the page:

Entries last updated more than 91 days ago are not shown (unless it's LR RWD). If you can't find your entry, open the form again and click submit. This will refresh the last update date and your entry will reappear.​

Hope you get some news soon!

Thanks, that worked. Based on the MYP delivery performance maybe we should change that to 180 days ;-)

Reactions: Modulus1
Originally ordered LR AWD, MSM/White, 20" wheels, FSD 2/2020. Was alerted 4/2020 car was ready. I pushed to 12/2020 because of job/Covid concerns. Added hitch to on hold order appx 7/2020. Called around Thanksgiving to get back in line. Was assigned VIN 85XXX two days later, 11/29/2020. Notified a week later car was available for pick-up starting 12/10/2020 at Matthews, NC (Charlotte) site.

I live in Charleston, SC area and was planning on a long day for 3 hour 20 minute drive there and then back with son to get car. Wife scouting online said they have a delivery service if you live 220 miles or more away (I live 226 mi door to door). I called and they told me this used to be free but now is $700. I reluctantly agreed to the charge to avoid losing a full day. Car arrived at Matthews site 12/10/2020. I called to find out when would be delivered and they informed me the delivery would be free since I had originally ordered when that was the case. Only cost to me was a delay in getting the car due to delivery.

Car delivered in front of my house at 8:45 pm 12/16/2020. Had to sign off on it in dark and light rain. Zero issues with vehicle when checked out yesterday other than driver's side rear door seeming slightly difficult to fully close.

Paid for Acceleration Boost last night when I got home from work yesterday. Can't wait to check out the change today!

Got my MYP, red/white, FSD, delivered yesterday. Super rainy here so I’ll get better photos later.
The car was perfect, except for a dirty hand print on the white dash stripe above the glove box. Seriously? Why you do me like that?
Anyway, this forum had me totally stressed about the car showing up like a three year Old’s Lego interpretation of a Model Y.
The fit and finish was perfect. All the seams and gaps were great, and there was none of the oft stated “boominess” when I drove it. Took my family out, and thought the tide was sporty firm, the harsh tide that some people complain about just wasn’t there. I think coming from a Model S, I had pretty big expectations. However, I do live in the Northwest, and our roads aren’t trash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 68