Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No MVPA yet for me either.
It does look like from the spreadsheet that car color, trim, and wheel size are affecting timing of the VINs. The more common, the quicker the turn around.
While I'd like to get mine as soon as possible, a healthy part of me is fine with a bit later VIN (within the 3-6 weeks period) if it means most/all of the identified issues are resolved.

Same here. Both happy and sad that I have no VIN.

Probably shouldn't be so anxious as I've got to keep the outback on insurance until my daughter comes to pick it up around Christmas. But damnit, my birthday is conning soon and I don't want my present late!

Hi, everybody. Here are the links for this project:

Great sheet design! What about adding some new columns about the texts received? Such as "2-5 weeks" "2-4 weeks" etc and than calculate the days received from order date... It appears there is value around the text dates.

Reactions: kickenandbrian
I think we are getting strong Model Y AWD and Performance sales and we will not see the RWD until October.

The Model Y lines have been back online for a while now and the delivery rate has not been going up. Since it is only going to North America you should not see delivery lags of more than about 2 weeks.

Possible they are batching the shipments up. Eventually, the new line should eat into the backlog but I think we will be too close to the end quarter for them to introduce the RWD.

I now think it RWD will happen after the quarter ends. Thoughts?

Just received a new update via text after the “4-7 week” one about a 10 days ago. Hopefully it’s a sign things are moving along...

Ordered 8/6
Red Performance PUP
White/Black
No FSD
No Tow

Attachments

• ED887ACD-CC1E-4974-AFEF-87C35375F79B.jpeg
    ED887ACD-CC1E-4974-AFEF-87C35375F79B.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 74
I think we are getting strong Model Y AWD and Performance sales and we will not see the RWD until October.

[...]

I now think it RWD will happen after the quarter ends. Thoughts?

I think that you are correct. It seems like noone is really hearing anything new that would imply otherwise. I'm sure they wouldn't want to open up ordering if the cars won't be available until October anyway.

Okay so I called and spoke to a SA. Looks like I was assigned a VIN 36xxx a few days ago in their system and it's on a train to Chicago. Then it will be trucked up to MN. Interesting as I've seen a few report VINs of 40,xxx

White, White, Gemini, No FSD, No Tow.
Order date: 7/16
Config change: 7/29 (wheels)
Vin assigned: 8/16 ish?
Vin: 36,xxx

Reactions: dc_h and Blue_Skies
Okay so I called and spoke to a SA. Looks like I was assigned a VIN 36xxx a few days ago in their system and it's on a train to Chicago. Then it will be trucked up to MN. Interesting as I've seen a few report VINs of 40,xxx

White, White, Gemini, No FSD, No Tow.
Order date: 7/16
Config change: 7/29 (wheels)
Vin assigned: 8/16 ish?
Vin: 36,xxx
Let us know when you get the text for delivery! I stopped in Eden Priarie SC today to update my DL expiration date, and the staff didn’t have any new information to share with me. I was hoping we’d be on the same truck as I ordered on 7/18.

Let us know when you get the text for delivery! I stopped in Eden Priarie SC today to update my DL expiration date, and the staff didn’t have any new information to share with me. I was hoping we’d be on the same truck as I ordered on 7/18.

Update: Just got my delivery text. All set for Sept 4th! Yeah me too man, hopefully you get assigned very soon. You'd think we would've been on the same truck...

Reactions: Ruffles
Just got delivery notification text.....pick up on Sunday, but no VIN yet. Hmmmm, odd. Difficult to secure financing and insurance without VIN. Might this pose a problem with a Sunday pickup or has Tesla accepted notification from credit union as enough?

I just received this from my Operations Advisor. “We receive our vehicles from the factory in large batches every 3 months. Therefore, the wait time is all dependent on when the order is placed. As of today, we (Washington) are expecting to receive all of our vehicles this quarter in mid-September.”

I just asked OA if they receive vehicles as they’re ordered or all at once and they said. “You are correct, we receive them all around the same time.”

So, what if you order right after they receive a batch of vehicles, does that mean three month wait? Sheesh…

Last edited:
I just received this from my Operations Advisor. “We receive our vehicles from the factory in large batches every 3 months. Therefore, the wait time is all dependent on when the order is placed. As of today, we (Washington) are expecting to receive all of our vehicles this quarter in mid-September.”

I just asked OA if they receive vehicles as they’re ordered or all at once and they said. “You are correct, we receive them all around the same time.”

So, what if you order right after they receive a batch of vehicles, does that mean three month wait? Sheesh…
When did you order yours? What config?

Ordered MY from Seattle 8/6
•4-8 week build time estimate
•LR
•white/white
•induction wheels
•FSD

8/11 received text 3-6 weeks until delivery

8/15 talked to SA and our soft delivery 8/26-8/30

8/20 talked to SA and our soft delivery is now 9/2-9/6

Reactions: Jamezam