Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN.

Ordered 8/8
AWD LR, white/white, gemini, tow, fsd
Delivery date given on 8/24 for 9/10 (text)
VIN 39,332 given on 8/26 (loan doc)
Devon PA

Wondering if the 41xxx ones are new casting machine and whether this is a good or bad thing (apparently started two days ago).

Just got my VIN.

Ordered 8/8
AWD LR, white/white, gemini, tow, fsd
Delivery date given on 8/24 for 9/10 (text)
VIN 39,332 given on 8/26 (loan doc)
Devon PA

Wondering if the 41xxx ones are new casting machine and whether this is a good or bad thing (apparently started two days ago).

Any links on the casting machine starting two days ago?

Has anyone from CA received their vin for mid to late July. I’m so jealous all out of state people are receiving their VIN after ordering in August and CA orders aren’t getting anything.

7/31 AWD WoW with induction. San Diego and was later half of September delivery. -__-

Has anyone from CA received their vin for mid to late July. I’m so jealous all out of state people are receiving their VIN after ordering in August and CA orders aren’t getting anything.

7/31 AWD WoW with induction. San Diego and was later half of September delivery. -__-
Looking at the spreadsheet, I count five California VINs in the past week, only one of which had an August order date. The other four were ordered in July.

I ordered on 7/12 and was promised "4-8 weeks", got the "5-8 weeks" text on 8/6, then got "4-6 weeks" on 8/19. I already received the financing approval back in July. Being in the Bay Area, I have given up any hope of actually taking delivery before the last day or two of the quarter. My order was AWD LR / Black Interior / 20" Wheels / Tow Hitch.

Hello Janene,

I ordered my Model Y on 7/31/2020
8/1 Welcome to Tesla
8/6 Two to Five weeks delivery 8/20 to 9/10
8/19 One to Four weeks delivery 9/2 to 9/16 two weeks added

Nothing from the delivery center about a "soft delivery" yet.

• Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Tow Hitch
Jamezam have you received any more info regarding your MY?

Just got MY VIN ordered 8/14, White, Black int, Hitch.
Deliver 9/8 - KC
03865x. seems to be an older VIN so must have got matched to existing, so I doubt no new tail-light.
Enroute to Chicago then KC

Don't get too discourage yet. I received my first VIN 38xxx and it was built on 8/23. I ordered 8/14 too. I changed delivery locations and it changed the VIN number.

Mine is in the same batch and from what I've read, I'm expecting the new tail lights, but not the single piece casting.
Just got MY VIN ordered 8/14, White, Black int, Hitch.
Deliver 9/8 - KC
03865x. seems to be an older VIN so must have got matched to existing, so I doubt no new tail-light.
Enroute to Chicago then KC
My VIN is 37377 and I have the new lights. You should too.

I ordered on 7/12 and was promised "4-8 weeks", got the "5-8 weeks" text on 8/6, then got "4-6 weeks" on 8/19. I already received the financing approval back in July. Being in the Bay Area, I have given up any hope of actually taking delivery before the last day or two of the quarter. My order was AWD LR / Black Interior / 20" Wheels / Tow Hitch.

yikes, that’s unbelievable. Hopefully we both get a notification in the next week or two. I am just finding this experience frustrating, especially when I’m told different things by different people.

They need to do better with California orders.

Don't get too discourage yet. I received my first VIN 38xxx and it was built on 8/23. I ordered 8/14 too. I changed delivery locations and it changed the VIN number.

Hi, Congrats IB your order.
Can you please advise how you figure out when the car was built based on the VIN?
I ordered on 8/13, and got my VIN on 8/26. It is a 42,8xx VIN, but not sure how I find out when it was/will be built.