Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People on this thread seem to repeatedly say it. I think they have it mixed up with the 3. AFAIK, the Y is not being shipped overseas.
I was one of those people, after a local sales manager told me last week that production of the MY had recently switched back to domestic orders. For all I know, he could have been confused (or blowing smoke), but it does seem like they are shipping to Canada, which would be non-domestic (if not overseas).

I had one semi-recently tell me you still couldn't receive a Y with a factory hitch installed. That you could order the car that way, but the service center would have to install it at a later date. We all know Y's with hitches have been shipping for sometime now.

Like general car sales people, I'm thinking Tesla's crew really isn't all that informed.

I didn't correct her, I don't get compensated to teach her her job.

Yup out of Eden Prairie! What is your model Y configuration? Seems like we are both hopefully beginning of September I would imagine.

I ordered from Maplewood August 1 (but changed color August 11) and got a VIN just today. No update on delivery yet, VIN was 40XXX. Black paint, white interior, 20" induction wheels. Maybe we'll all be in the same shipment?

Reactions: Blue_Skies
I was one of those people, after a local sales manager told me last week that production of the MY had recently switched back to domestic orders. For all I know, he could have been confused (or blowing smoke), but it does seem like they are shipping to Canada, which would be non-domestic (if not overseas).

I hadn't thought of that. I bet the confusion stems from people being told that shipments are going out of the country and they assumed that meant Europe. Probably some employees and customers have made that mistake.

I ordered from Maplewood August 1 (but changed color August 11) and got a VIN just today. No update on delivery yet, VIN was 40XXX. Black paint, white interior, 20" induction wheels. Maybe we'll all be in the same shipment?

Wow, I'm so jealous! Maybe the color change helped? Congrats either way! Hopefully I get a VIN soon and maybe we'll be on the same route up. I did my test drive out of Maplewood. Wasn't sure at the time if the delivery center mattered as I'm in the NW metro, but chose EP.

Wow, I'm so jealous! Maybe the color change helped? Congrats either way! Hopefully I get a VIN soon and maybe we'll be on the same route up. I did my test drive out of Maplewood. Wasn't sure at the time if the delivery center mattered as I'm in the NW metro, but chose EP.
I doubt the location matters, but black probably was a little faster than red (hard to tell, depends on manufacturing batches I'm sure). Thought the white interior would take longer. FYI I never got an email or a call, I'm just an antsy soon-to-be-owner that kept checking my online Tesla Account and found a VIN today. Called the dealer to verify.

Reactions: KyleATMn
I doubt the location matters, but black probably was a little faster than red (hard to tell, depends on manufacturing batches I'm sure). Thought the white interior would take longer. FYI I never got an email or a call, I'm just an antsy soon-to-be-owner that kept checking my online Tesla Account and found a VIN today. Called the dealer to verify.
Did you order tow hitch? Seems the VINs are coming in fast now. Eagerly awaiting mine or even just some notion of progress!!

does your acct still show waiting on drafting contract? So your MVPA document just showed up?

did you see it in the account or do the "vin" search in the source code?

Probably all of us are ansy. I haven't heard a peep since the order confirmation via email. I'm red/black/awd/20"/tow hitch/ap

Didn't get the FSD as NJ has a $5K rebate if it's under 55K.

Probably all of us are ansy. I haven't heard a peep since the order confirmation via email. I'm red/black/awd/20"/tow hitch/ap

In my account on the Tesla website, where you can "manage your Tesla", scroll way down for Documents (on right-hand side). You'll see a link to your original order, and today I had a second link labeled "Mvpa" which gave me a VIN number and additional docs.

Here's a screenshot...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Blue_Skies

Can’t you simply add FSD from the app after taking delivery for the same 8k? I was told by my SC that all of the Ys are equipped with the computer installed it is simply a software switch...but I do recall seeing a benefit of FSD on the list was the FSD “computer” which made me wonder whether, if not purchased, it didn’t include the computer.

If so no brainer to keep it under 55k and add FSD later if in NJ.

Can’t you simply add FSD from the app after taking delivery for the same 8k? I was told by my SC that all of the Ys are equipped with the computer installed it is simply a software switch...but I do recall seeing a benefit of FSD on the list was the FSD “computer” which made me wonder whether, if not purchased, it didn’t include the computer.

If so no brainer to keep it under 55k and add FSD later if in NJ.

I saw that you could add later and asked my sales guy about it. He said order from the app. All the hardware is already there.

If something turns out different, I guess I won't end up with FSD. I guess I'd be willing to have something installed at my first appointment. But passing on a five grand rebate is too much. My price as is was 54990. Now if they offered FSD for 9.98, I would gone for it.

No MVPA yet for me either.
It does look like from the spreadsheet that car color, trim, and wheel size are affecting timing of the VINs. The more common, the quicker the turn around.
While I'd like to get mine as soon as possible, a healthy part of me is fine with a bit later VIN (within the 3-6 weeks period) if it means most/all of the identified issues are resolved.