Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslive Sunday drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I am the walkie connection for the Tesla LA drives. It definitely helps when you have many cars on a drive. I don't know that i will be able to provide walkies for the drive (VFX, feel free to speak for me anytime!) but i will certainly inquire to see if possible. Also, I am not sure how many are signed up for the drive, but I'll definitely work on it. Glad you are all getting psyched up for Teslive!

Hi,

I didn't sign up for TESLIVE or tour--got mine when I picked up mine. I'm more interested in "optional" Tesla drive on Sunday. Is anyone doing the drive? Can I join the drive even if I didn't attend the event?

I'd be happy to take 2-3 passengers on my humble, but lovely, non-performance Model S.
thanks,

I understand the draw of Skyline Blvd. After all, I live and even shot my Roadster video in the Santa Cruz Mountains

However, I think the distance from Fremont - about 40 miles each way - is simply too much for a large group drive, plus considering people's schedules and our desire to stop every now and then to talk, change drivers, etc.

Much closer to the Tesla factory are Niles Canyon Blvd., Vallecitos Rd, and Palomares Rd. Those are twisty mountain roads, and we could have a Livermore break for food, for instance. Say about 40 miles total (instead of 80 miles total).

Anyone know the area or roads well enough to give any advice? No matter what, we'll have bicyclists to watch out for since it will be mid-day Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some suggestions in the other section - post #33

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/16433-TESLIVE-Volunteer-Opportunities

Calaveras Road is super twisty and the scenery is very pretty - Palomares Rd is mostly in a canyon so not as nice but there are some wineries there to stop and rest.

I understand the draw of Skyline Blvd. After all, I live and even shot my Roadster video in the Santa Cruz Mountains

However, I think the distance from Fremont - about 40 miles each way - is simply too much for a large group drive, plus considering people's schedules and our desire to stop every now and then to talk, change drivers, etc.

Much closer to the Tesla factory are Niles Canyon Blvd., Vallecitos Rd, and Palomares Rd. Those are twisty mountain roads, and we could have a Livermore break for food, for instance. Say about 40 miles total (instead of 80 miles total).

Anyone know the area or roads well enough to give any advice? No matter what, we'll have bicyclists to watch out for since it will be mid-day Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator: