Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is possible to get phone mounts that don't block any of the vents. Still looking for an android device that can be permanently mounted though.
DSC08180.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I can not get the phone holder to stick, am I doing something wrong, also I haven’t been able to get the plug in under the passenger seat, it’s hard to get under there, and I about ripped my hand trying. Had it for a month now and it’s still sitting in the garage. 2019 Model 3 SR

I can not get the phone holder to stick, am I doing something wrong, also I haven’t been able to get the plug in under the passenger seat, it’s hard to get under there, and I about ripped my hand trying. Had it for a month now and it’s still sitting in the garage. 2019 Model 3 SR
What do you mean by not getting it to stick? If the mount won't stick to the steering column, then the double sided tape is probably defective, and you'll have to replace it. If the phone won't magnetically stick to the mount, then you probably tried putting the metal disc/ring INSIDE the case instead of on the outside. It just isn't strong enough to work through the thickness of the phone case.

When plugging in the cables under the passenger seat, I found it helped to put my phone on the floor under the seat and use the front facing camera to show me the underside of the seat. Thing go together easily if they are lined up correctly. As I recall I moved the seat all the way back and all the way up.

What do you mean by not getting it to stick? If the mount won't stick to the steering column, then the double sided tape is probably defective, and you'll have to replace it. If the phone won't magnetically stick to the mount, then you probably tried putting the metal disc/ring INSIDE the case instead of on the outside. It just isn't strong enough to work through the thickness of the phone case.

When plugging in the cables under the passenger seat, I found it helped to put my phone on the floor under the seat and use the front facing camera to show me the underside of the seat. Thing go together easily if they are lined up correctly. As I recall I moved the seat all the way back and all the way up.

Thanks for the reply, I will find some type of glue or epoxy to get that ring on the case. The double sided tape on the mount had no adhesive so I guess some 3M double sided tape to get that to stick and I will lift the seat up, I only moved it back.

Thanks again, will give those a try tomorrow.

Wish list for this?
Hidden USB cable maybe by replacing the OEM cover like other brands do with their built on to display.
A single turn signal or vertical bar.
I want to see the surrounding cars with FSD instead of navigation (…as well as MPH & speed limit).

Hi all!

We've recently launched Teslogic v2, which comes with various enhancements and improvements. This update includes both hardware and software changes, addressing some of the limitations of the previous version.

Here's a rundown of the key features in Teslogic v2:
  • Chill/Sport mode switching via kickdown.
  • Battery preheat for supercharging .
  • Wipers deicing winter mode.
  • Ice mode.
  • Regen settings.
  • Traffic fine avoidance.
  • Supports 2+ devices simultaneously.
Additionally, there is a switch on the transmitter, which allows you to easily deactivate the active control functions if you prefer to use Teslogic in its previous version (as a data receiver).

For all TMC members, we offer a 20% discount. Use code TMCv2 or simply follow this link. The discount will be valid for one month.

If you've already purchased Teslogic from us, please contact us at [email protected] with either your previous order number or the email associated with your order. We'll be happy to provide you with a special 30% discount.

You can find more information about v2 on our website. We will be gradually adding new commands to the updated version. We won't forget about our Teslogic v1 users as well and will continue to introduce new features on the first version of our device.

Hi Kate, I can't install anything beyond version 1.4.0 on my OnePlus 8 and am signed up for beta. I don't see the options for kickdown, etc. I hope future versions are compatible with my phone?
N/M found the manual which instructed one to use a pin/needle to turn on Active Controls via the box transmitter. Doing that today.

Sidebar, I'm a former web developer and FYI I had difficulty accessing the teslogic site. Meaning it looked like the site was being redesigned so didn't see the manual. Also I still get occasional issues with text not wrapping and being cut off on my mobile device.

whats
I'll confirm when I get in my car, but per the website:
Automatically reduce your speed to match the maximum allowable speed limits in areas with enforced speed restrictions, helping you avoid fines for speeding.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Has anyone tried this with ipad mini? I think the size would be just perfect for a second screen! Also if anyone has done so, what mounting solution did you use?

Cheers
Like that idea, but I know an iPad overheats quickly in the sun even when the temperature is low. Even quicker when it’s charging. Leaving it in place while you‘re in a store and it’s really going to have issues.

Air blowing on the back of the iPad will help when you’re driving.

I’d love to have a better navigation screen in my car. WAZE is the answer, but the after market CarPlay devices I’ve tried don’t work very well. I typically place my phone sideways on the charging pad so I can see WAZE, but don’t like looking down in traffic.

Like that idea, but I know an iPad overheats quickly in the sun even when the temperature is low. Even quicker when it’s charging. Leaving it in place while you‘re in a store and it’s really going to have issues.

I’d love to have a better navigation screen in my car. WAZE is the answer, but the after market CarPlay devices I’ve tried don’t work very well. I typically place my phone sideways on the charging pad so I can see WAZE, but don’t like looking down in traffic.
Ah I see...interesting - I might give this a go when my teslogic arrive and will report back.
Unlikely I will leave the iPad around the car not being hidden since it will just invite thievery where I live! So it'll only be up when I'm driving.

Yes it'll be useful to be able to use Waze or even Google Map built into the app!

get a seperate phoneholder with AC vent adapter for the model 3 and put it next to your screen?

@Kate@Teslogic Any more features in the works?
Hi all!

We've recently launched Teslogic v2, which comes with various enhancements and improvements. This update includes both hardware and software changes, addressing some of the limitations of the previous version.

Here's a rundown of the key features in Teslogic v2:
  • Chill/Sport mode switching via kickdown.
  • Battery preheat for supercharging .
  • Wipers deicing winter mode.
  • Ice mode.
  • Regen settings.
  • Supports 2+ devices simultaneously.
Additionally, there is a switch on the transmitter, which allows you to easily deactivate the active control functions if you prefer to use Teslogic in its previous version (as a data receiver).

For all TMC members, we offer a 20% discount. Use code TMCv2 or simply follow this link. The discount will be valid for one month.

If you've already purchased Teslogic from us, please contact us at [email protected] with either your previous order number or the email associated with your order. We'll be happy to provide you with a special 30% discount.

You can find more information about v2 on our website. We will be gradually adding new commands to the updated version. We won't forget about our Teslogic v1 users as well and will continue to introduce new features on the first version of our device.

I’ve just ordered mine today after findabout the shortcuts. however I bought it sort of blind since there are no reviews of the shortcut functionality that I could find. Does anyone have experience with them? I’m particularly interested in how the activation of the battery heater is achieved.

My alternative for the same money were 9 and 10 inch Hansshow displays but they’re completely passive and I didn’t like the idea of having a fixed display in front of me and having to disassemble everything when going to Tesla for service.

I just got my Teslogic installed yesterday and noticed that my battery degradation is stated at 5.8% so now I am wondering where Teslogic gets its reference for what 100% should be. My car off the lot maxed out at exactly 310mi and after 30K mi I am getting 303mi. That certainly isn't a 5.8% degradation.

This makes me wonder where any and all of the references are coming from and if they are trustworthy. Has any of their reference data been verified or seen?

Also, I have a v2 unit and I see no shortcuts that are being talked about and I have the little switch for control enabled. I also saw no controls for regen settings that are advertised or any of the other new v2 features.

I just got my Teslogic installed yesterday and noticed that my battery degradation is stated at 5.8% so now I am wondering where Teslogic gets its reference for what 100% should be. My car off the lot maxed out at exactly 310mi and after 30K mi I am getting 303mi. That certainly isn't a 5.8% degradation.

This makes me wonder where any and all of the references are coming from and if they are trustworthy. Has any of their reference data been verified or seen?

Also, I have a v2 unit and I see no shortcuts that are being talked about and I have the little switch for control enabled. I also saw no controls for regen settings that are advertised or any of the other new v2 features.

may take some time? The old 310 miles cars do have a hidden buffer, I think 100% range is at 74kwh but the car starts with 78.8kwh so you need to get some degradation before your 100% range actually goes down....

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200