Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any of my fellow Dallas delivery waiters have “pending” as their payment still even though delivery scheduled?

I reached out to ISA and he said everything is still good to go.

But ya know, Tesla. So it always makes me worry with their “amazing” track record of delays.

Everything else says complete even though payment method still sitting in pending though they received the check a long time ago.

Anyone else? @spudnik187 what did yours say leading up to delivery?

Thanks all
Mine also says pending. BTW, CNasty, Keep an eye out for my White with Aeros vin 7427 if you drop by tomorrow. Thanks!

If anyone in the Houston area needs electrical installation, I used Chams Electric and they were awesome. Cheikh is very professional, courteous, and does everything by the book (everything was exactly to code, and was permitted and inspected).

Chams Electric
832-659-3442
[email protected]
Services the Houston area.

Cheikh also did a great job for me last year. 100amp circuit on a wall charger. Clean install.

Any of my fellow Dallas delivery waiters have “pending” as their payment still even though delivery scheduled?

But ya know, Tesla. So it always makes me worry with their “amazing” track record of delays.

Everything else says complete even though payment method still sitting in pending though they received the check a long time ago.

Thanks all

Mine says "Please submit your final payment." at the top of the screen. Reviewing the line items, however, show everything correct, including the payment from the credit union. At the bottom of the summary box it says "Balance $0." and "Your Model 3 is fully paid." BUT, below that, it says "Payment Method: Pending."

Delivery is scheduled, however.

I've decided not to worry about it, figuring that the same programmers responsible for the entertainment system in my Model S were responsible for the payment page.

A quick update on mine, finally got an email from my ISA, and a few docusign's later (Tesla, then Alliant), the wire transfer from Alliant will be with Tesla this afternoon. I know they're not quite the cheapest, but they have my Model S loan, and they're super easy to deal with, so although I could have saved ~$19 a month by going to another CU, it's not worth the hassle.

Now I have another call and email into my ISA to find out the quickest way to pay the balance of around $10k. c/card would be the easiest and quickest for me, but I can get a wire done today if I hear back before 1.30CST.

As for electrical, I already have one HPWC, so I have an electrician coming on Monday to daisychain a second one on the other side (reverse side) of the garage wall. Assuming the prior electrician did things right, it's literally just fitting the HPWC, throwing a couple of DIP switches and wiring it in, the cable is already in the wall. It's no fun wrangling with that cable though, so I'm happy to pay. Tommy @ Fox Electric Company was recommended on the NTOC Facebook page, so he'll be there Monday morning. Quote is $385.

A further quick update, reading @Rockster 's post above reminded me to log in, and take care of the final payment, and yes, mine says the same thing, fully paid, and in progress :-/

In my last convo with the ISA, she said the car was in California, and it won't ship til full payment is received. Unless they get their skates on and deliver prior to Mar 13, then I'll be paying interest for the best part of a month before getting the car. Meh.

I casually dropped it as a suggestion for a morning “swing by” this morning to my wife and she almost rolled her eyes out of the car.

It’s her car by the way!!!!

But yes I plan on going tomorrow morning but I don’t remember the setup and if there was gates and locked places that can’t be accessed. I thought there was just one big parking lot if my memory serves me.

I know I’ve asked but shoot me your VIN abbreviate and config so I can keep it in my notes if we end up going.

81xx Blue with 19”

No joke. I'm an architect, so I asked my Electrical engineers a lot of questions too! I see you were #105 in Austin. Where on the building did that put you? I was about 20' wrapped around the back of the building - Trying to gauge my number in line.

When we first got there I was down by Starbucks. Then at some point (I think before the store opened) they moved the line and I was about 25% down the side. I was close to the bench on the side:
Google Maps

Alright I got both my Dallas buddies VIN and setup down.

I will report back.

If I end up in jail taking pics or something you guys got my back to bail me out? Right???? :)

I’ll confirm in the morning if we are heading out there.

Hell, they may not be in the state yet but if my delivery is truly happening on Tuesday they better be!

Reactions: randy1077
First, is it true?

There have been no reported non-employee delivery to the spreadsheet. Has any one here from Texas not an employee or family member received their invites?

Secondly, does any one here knows why?

CJ
Late reply to blog, but I've had one Model 3 delivered to me in Idaho in Feb, and a second one due again in Idaho anyday now. I'm not a Tesla employee, but own 2 other Tesla Model S's.

Who else in Austin has an upcoming delivery date scheduled? We have one for March 13th (3 weeks after we completed payment/paperwork). I'm starting to wonder if we just missed making the first truck and are having to wait for a second truck to be filled.

Eric

Thanks all
Unfortunately, I can't remember. Sorry, man. Wish I could help.

Dropped the 3 off this morning so they can repair the paint scratch. That’s when they told me it could take up to two weeks and my heart sank. They gave me a Model X 100D and, although it is very nice, it pales in comparison to the Model 3. The UI and screen is a joke. I hate the auto pilot stalk. I hate the steering wheel adjustment stalk. I hate looking at both the binnacle and center display. I don’t know how Model S and X owners could possibly be complaining about the Model 3. I miss the 3 so bad.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J
Got my VIN! Was checking all day and it finally showed up just now.

73xx
Blue aeros
Ordered 2/11

Going to try to get in touch with RBFCU tomorrow so I can get payment sent ASAP.

Please let me know how it goes with RBFCU. I've already gotten loan approval with them and would be interested to hear about the final approval/sending process.

EDIT: I should mention their approval is good for 90 days in case anyone else is considering applying.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: zkmusa
Please let me know how it goes with RBFCU. I've already gotten loan approval with them and would be interested to hear about the final approval/sending process.

EDIT: I should mention their approval is good for 90 days in case anyone else is considering applying.

FWIW, I did my final RBFCU stuff on the phone. It took a little more than an hour on a late Friday afternoon and it ended with the awesome loan person taking my check to UPS for overnight delivery to Tesla on her own time because by the time she had the check in hand the mailroom staff had gone home and the last fedex pickup had occurred for the day.

Last edited:

Like rockster RBFCU was fantastic to work with and had a similar experience. A very dedicated rep on the phone, called my ISA directly, ensures overnight went well and also followed up with tracking for th check.

Just don’t do it over a holiday extended weekend as it will make your mind numb ;)

• Love
Reactions: geoffreak
Dropped the 3 off this morning so they can repair the paint scratch. That’s when they told me it could take up to two weeks and my heart sank. They gave me a Model X 100D and, although it is very nice, it pales in comparison to the Model 3. The UI and screen is a joke. I hate the auto pilot stalk. I hate the steering wheel adjustment stalk. I hate looking at both the binnacle and center display. I don’t know how Model S and X owners could possibly be complaining about the Model 3. I miss the 3 so bad.

Spudnik, congratulations on your M3. Were you given any options for a loaner? Plus, do the loaners have tolltags in them? I'm not sure if tolltags are big in Austin, but they are a necessity in DFW.

I requested a Model X and they were happy to oblige. Not sure about toll tags. I’ll look tomorrow because I’m too tired to go out and check :)
EZTag for the Harris County TRA has improved their camera readers to the point that we can just phone in new plate numbers now. They still want you to get the tags on permanent vehicles, for poor visibility conditions and "to be sure" I assume, but for loaners it's good enough is my understanding.