Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday!! Couldn't be happier :) Having trouble with the phone-as-key, but other than that, flawless. Not on 10.1 yet. I did have to reboot the screen once, it went all wonky on me - very colorful stripes all over. Reboot fixed it no problem. :) IMG_20180315_150936.jpg IMG_20180315_155546.jpg

Took delivery yesterday!! Couldn't be happier :) Having trouble with the phone-as-key, but other than that, flawless. Not on 10.1 yet. I did have to reboot the screen once, it went all wonky on me - very colorful stripes all over. Reboot fixed it no problem. :) View attachment 286886 View attachment 286887
What time did you take delivery? You may have been there with us. There was a red going out during our 11 am appointment.

Similar first day. One reboot. Still figuring out the phone as key. The delivery rep said it should work even without the app open (as long as the 3 was the last car selected on the app; not the S). But it won't unlock the car unless I pull the app up. As long as I do that, it works fine.

Last edited:
I can confirm that CUTX can work with Tesla with no issues now! They made the process extremely easy (and I got great loan terms too). It took a while for my ISA and the contracts people to get the paperwork together, but once CUTX had the final purchase order and letter of guarantee (indicating it would be titled with them as lienholder) - at 4:42pm yesterday - they quickly drew up my final loan agreements, I e-signed at 5:50pm, and they got the check overnighted that same day (even though they close at 6)! I'll go ahead update that old 2015 thread warning against CUTX for the record...

I should have final delivery confirmation today, as soon as the check gets there. It's feeling really real!

What time did you take delivery? You may have been there with us. There was a red going out during our 11 am appointment.

Similar first day. One reboot. Still figuring out the phone as key. The delivery rep said it should work even without the app open (as long as the 3 was the last car selected on the app; not the S). But it won't unlock the car unless I pull the app up. As long as I do that, it works fine.

Our appointment was at 2pm. There were 2 other 3's supposed to take delivery at 2pm, but they didn't show. So we got an individual walk through instead of group.

Reactions: kendallas
I can confirm that CUTX can work with Tesla with no issues now! They made the process extremely easy (and I got great loan terms too). It took a while for my ISA and the contracts people to get the paperwork together, but once CUTX had the final purchase order and letter of guarantee (indicating it would be titled with them as lienholder) - at 4:42pm yesterday - they quickly drew up my final loan agreements, I e-signed at 5:50pm, and they got the check overnighted that same day (even though they close at 6)! I'll go ahead update that old 2015 thread warning against CUTX for the record...

I should have final delivery confirmation today, as soon as the check gets there. It's feeling really real!

That’s great news! I’ll have to get a quote from them too.

I'll post details and pictures when I get our Model 3 back. I mainly don't want to post inaccurate information.

Got our red Model 3 back from Austin Detailing this morning and it looks fabulous! We decided to go with the higher-end Feynlab Self Heal Lite, which should be more resilient than the Opticoat on my S and also has the ability to "heal" minor scratches when exposed to heat (either ambient or a heat gun -- it's pretty cool -- see Scratch: A Customer Email About FeynLab's Self Healing Nano Coating Results and
).

We put 30% Pinnacle tint on side/rear windows and left the front glass roof panel as-is. There is not too much of a difference in darkness between the two roof panels and the transition in the rear looks great (last pic).

Total cost was ~$1950, which included tint, paint prep, and Feynlab coating, all coordinated through Austin Detailing (we dropped it off at SunBusters and picked it up at Austin Detailing). Brian has done a great job on both of our Teslas and is willing to answer any questions we had and give us tips on cleaning, maintenance, etc. The Feynlab coating is supposed to extremely hydrophobic so It will be interesting to see how it handles the rain.

Here are the obligatory pics -- I think our Model S will be getting a bath this weekend so it's not embarrassed by it's shiny new roomate :D

front_side.jpg side.jpg top.jpg roof.jpg

Reactions: Boourns
Hey @edeal does the Feynlab go on the whole car, or is it just like front/hood only like you might do with an xpel wrap?

Good question: It goes on the entire painted/chrome surfaces and he applied it to the Aeros as well. It may also go on plastic parts like headlights/taillights as well (I meant to ask).

Brian was working on our red 3 and a blue 3 at the same time. They videoed the application on one or both, so I'll post the link once I see they've uploaded it somewhere.

Cnasty back in TX? How was the 3 on the trip?
Charging cost reasonable?

Currently in Lake City Florida supercharger on our trek back. It’s been an amazing, memorable family experience. These cars were made for road trips. I feel like the paparazzi is following us the whole trip with all the pointing and picture taking.

Whole way from Dallas Texas to Orlando Florida was around $50. They increased the rates during our trip so curious to see what it takes to get back.

Got my car back! It was a faulty brake switch, which they replaced. They updated to 10.1 while they had it. Rear seat heaters work, as does the improved backup camera. I haven't noticed any difference in AutoPilot yet, but it's a small sample size. The best part of this all is I get it for the weekend and then have to be without it again starting Monday for PPF, tint, etc.

I'm super jealous. The wait for the invite seems so much worse because you have no idea when it's going to come. You keep thinking, "oh it's going to happen this week" and then Tesla doesn't send any invites at all or they do and you're not in that batch. At least when you're not in the batch, you can stop worrying about it for a week, but then next week it's that same stress all over again.

Now that Tesla is at least delivering here in Texas, there's no more fear by those who have ordered about an indefinite wait. VIN comes in approximately 3-4 weeks, then delivery happens 2-3 weeks after. It's long, but it's predictable. Sure, delays can happen, but you know you're on a timeline and they're trying to get you your car in about 6 weeks.

It's so disappointing with every week that passes that just goes to show that Tesla still can't get the production rates they've been promising and correcting (and correcting yet again). Add in a huge backlog of Texas deliveries (or maybe just Dallas deliveries, who knows) and it just begins to feel like my invite will never happen. Even though I should be nearing the front of the line and be in the next batch of invites,

With no invites today, it seems like no major batch of invites is going out this week and we'll be hitting 3 weeks between batches of invites. This is really a bad sign for the production rates Tesla been promising. If Tesla isn't working hard to drastically improve production rates or decrease invite to delivery timelines, we're in for another big batch of heartbreaks in a few months. My March-May delivery window being this late already certainly does not bode well for those in later delivery windows getting their cars in time, especially here in Texas. I'm estimating late April, maybe even into May for a delivery at the earliest for any new invite at this point.

I'm totally with you. As a line waiter I'm thinking I could be in the next big invite group, but day by day, page refresh after page refresh without any invite for me or big invite batches for others, so then it would mean it is getting closer for me, it is maddening (in a first world problem kind of way). Hopefully, this means it will be even sweeter when it actually happens.

Reactions: geoffreak
Good question: It goes on the entire painted/chrome surfaces and he applied it to the Aeros as well. It may also go on plastic parts like headlights/taillights as well (I meant to ask).

Brian was working on our red 3 and a blue 3 at the same time. They videoed the application on one or both, so I'll post the link once I see they've uploaded it somewhere.
Thanks for letting us know!

@spudnik187 what's your cost looking like if you don't mind. I like comparison shopping without having to talk to real people.