Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, looks like I am outta here. I got a confirmation for a pickup on Saturday (Sep 1st) morning at Pond Springs. So whatever weapons Sleeping Lesson was firing at them must have worked and helped breaking the status quo (except maybe his own :(). From what I know about 10 cars were delivered from OK to Austin by the truck. There would be at least 10 happy families.

Hang in there guys, the nightmare will end soon for y'all. Good luck.

About Mr Musk, he has really gone down many notches on my scale. The juvenile things he does on Twitter reminds me more of my high school bums than a CEO of a so called socially responsible company. His twitter shenanigans like private today, public tomorrow, etc. are now becoming unbearable. Its unclear why he pokes his nose into things like the torpedo submarine, when he has production ramp up and their delivery to focus on. Me thinks, he might have a medical condition that he is not disclosing. As he is getting older, it is becoming more and more pronounced. Otherwise no one can be that stupid. Also, let us not forget he was fired as the CEO of Paypal which he had started. The company has been fine since. Maybe history needs to repeat itself.
Great news on your car! My car is there as well and I am trying to get in touch with someone to see if they can move my delivery up to Saturday. If they do not call me back by 3 today I plan to drive over there and personally request to visit with my vehicle and have them move my pickup date. Yeah, Elon has been off his rocker lately. I just don't get it! Maybe, if he spent more time on the projects underway he would feel less stressed and wouldn't need to spend his time on Twitter. Maybe, he is just drinking heavily and drunk tweeting??

Called the Cedar Spring Delivery Center and they were able to wake up the car. No progress or estimate on when it will get released from the DWF Alliance car prison. At least the battery isn't dead..
Can you share the details of your final payment date, shcheduled date and the vin in 99xxx format. I am trying to calculated if mine has reached DFW railhub or still in CA. Thanks.

Text of an email sent to [email protected] at 2:45 AM this morning, we shall see what happens.

Subject: "Lost" Car - RN1XXXXXXXX, VIN 5YJ3EXXXXXX051XXX

I’m writing, seeking resolution to the logistics problem which is preventing delivery of my car to the North Houston Service Center. As best as I can tell my car has been stranded at the BNSF Intermodal Hub north of Fort Worth for going on two weeks, perhaps more. Everyone I attempt to talk to can provide no better answer than it is “in transit” or “there have been some logistical issues”. I am seeking quick resolution of this transportation/delivery issue which has dragged on far too long without resolution.

Given that I live in Texas and have had to pay for my car up front I don’t understand how this transport could possibly take as long as it has. For Tesla to be unable to precisely tell me of the location of the car, its current state of battery charge and the day it will be delivered to Houston is frankly just horrible customer service.

From what others are saying I expect the car to exceed my high expectations, but the painful delivery process and specifically the lack of communication during the delivery process makes purchasing a car from Tesla, not an enjoyable experience. My wife on several occasions has advocated to just call the whole thing off. However, I believe in Tesla and Tesla’s vision for future transportation. So please, for the good of all, fix this “logistical delivery” *sugar* Storm before it taints the entire brand.

Now for the specific details on my situation:
I configured my car on the evening of June 27th and almost immediately lost the ability to make changes to the car’s configuration. After much effort (could be the topic of another email) I got the car’s color changed to my current configuration. On the morning of July 18th I received the “Welcome to the Model 3 Family!_Texas" email and letter which explained the delivery process for Texas. That letter also made the statement that my estimated delivery date would be 14 days after the car was fully funded.

Early evening on July 18th I received a second email containing a Pro-Forma MVPA and an assigned VIN. In the email my ISA stated, “The fastest way to assure receipt of your payment in a timely manner will be for you to mail you cashier check”. Following her instructions funds were pulled from my bank accounts which funded a cashier’s check which was mailed via certified mail on Friday, July 19th. The return receipt indicates Tesla received my cashier’s check on Monday, July 23rd. Now, had Tesla done what committed to do in that first letter, I should have had taken delivery of the car the first week of August. I still don’t have a car.

On July 25th I exchanged a series of emails where it came to light that Tesla was going to change my VIN. On August 8th I received an email containing my MonroneyDocument and my new VIN and a delivery date 14 days later on August 22nd.

From what I’ve been able to now piece together my car has been in transit from Lathrop, CA since August 9th. Had it been shipped by truck it would have arrived 2 to 3 days later. But it apparently did not go by truck, it went by train, and has been stuck in “Dallas” for at least two weeks awaiting transport to Houston. I don’t understand what could possibly be so difficult to result in this kind of delay.

In the past 14 days, there have been 7 trucks delivering vehicles from Lathrop to Dallas Cedar Springs and 13 additional trucks to Houston North. Why haven’t these trucks, once unloaded, been sent to the BNSF hub to retrieve the stranded vehicles there and deliver them to Tesla’s service centers throughout the state? Makes no sense. I even have seen indications of one truck making two deliveries between Lathrop and Houston with a 49-hour gap between the two deliveries.

Why then is it any way acceptable that today, 22 days after the second VIN assignment and 38 days after Tesla received my cashiers check for payment in full, my car has yet to even make it to Houston, much less get delivered to me?

At this point, I’m on my third delivery appointment, first 8/22, then 9/1 and now 9/8. The September 8th appointment was based on the car arriving in Houston this past Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Which did not happen.

I need a phone call immediately (XXX-XXX-XXX) from someone, a high-level individual with direct knowledge of the exact whereabouts of my car and what is being done to promptly deliver the car to Houston North so that this third delivery date is not missed. I also need to receive daily updates as to the car’s location, status and any pertinent information regarding what is being done to ensure delivery. Anything less than that would be unacceptable.

I would also strongly advise Tesla, that for any customer who has had to pay up-front, that daily tracking information be provided as to the whereabouts of their vehicle during shipment. That communication, which could be easily accomplished, would go a long way to alleviate the frustrations of your Texas customers and would give Tesla important early feedback so that steps could be taken catch logistical issues early before they turn into messes as mine has become.

I trust you can quickly resolve the issues with my car and take my constructive criticism to heart by taking steps to ensure this situation is not repeated in the future.

Sincerely,

Text of an email sent to [email protected] at 2:45 AM this morning, we shall see what happens.

I’m writing, seeking resolution to the logistics problem which is preventing delivery of my car to the North Houston Service Center. As best as I can tell my car has been stranded at the BNSF Intermodal Hub north of Fort Worth for going on two weeks, perhaps more. Everyone I attempt to talk to can provide no better answer than it is “in transit” or “there have been some logistical issues”. I am seeking quick resolution of this transportation/delivery issue which has dragged on far too long without resolution.

Given that I live in Texas and have had to pay for my car up front I don’t understand how this transport could possibly take as long as it has. For Tesla to be unable to precisely tell me of the location of the car, its current state of battery charge and the day it will be delivered to Houston is frankly just horrible customer service.

From what others are saying I expect the car to exceed my high expectations, but the painful delivery process and specifically the lack of communication during the delivery process makes purchasing a car from Tesla, not an enjoyable experience. My wife on several occasions has advocated to just call the whole thing off. However, I believe in Tesla and Tesla’s vision for future transportation. So please, for the good of all, fix this “logistical delivery” *sugar* Storm before it taints the entire brand.

I configured my car on the evening of June 27th and almost immediately lost the ability to make changes to the car’s configuration. After much effort (could be the topic of another email) I got the car’s color changed to my current configuration. On the morning of July 18th I received the “Welcome to the Model 3 Family!_Texas" email and letter which explained the delivery process for Texas. That letter also made the statement that my estimated delivery date would be 14 days after the car was fully funded.

Early evening on July 18th I received a second email containing a Pro-Forma MVPA and an assigned VIN. In the email my ISA stated, “The fastest way to assure receipt of your payment in a timely manner will be for you to mail you cashier check”. Following her instructions funds were pulled from my bank accounts which funded a cashier’s check which was mailed via certified mail on Friday, July 19th. The return receipt indicates Tesla received my cashier’s check on Monday, July 23rd. Now, had Tesla done what committed to do in that first letter, I should have had taken delivery of the car the first week of August. I still don’t have a car.

On July 25th I exchanged a series of emails where it came to light that Tesla was going to change my VIN. On August 8th I received an email containing my MonroneyDocument and my new VIN and a delivery date 14 days later on August 22nd.

From what I’ve been able to now piece together my car has been in transit from Lathrop, CA since August 9th. Had it been shipped by truck it would have arrived 2 to 3 days later. But it apparently did not go by truck, it went by train, and has been stuck in “Dallas” for at least two weeks awaiting transport to Houston. I don’t understand what could possibly be so difficult to result in this kind of delay.

In the past 14 days, there have been 7 trucks delivering vehicles from Lathrop to Dallas Cedar Springs and 13 additional trucks to Houston North. Why haven’t these trucks, once unloaded, been sent to the BNSF hub to retrieve the stranded vehicles there and deliver them to Tesla’s service centers throughout the state? Makes no sense. I even have seen indications of one truck making two deliveries between Lathrop and Houston with a 49-hour gap between the two deliveries.

Why then is it any way acceptable that today, 22 days after the second VIN assignment and 38 days after Tesla received my cashiers check for payment in full, my car has yet to even make it to Houston, much less get delivered to me?

At this point, I’m on my third delivery appointment, first 8/22, then 9/1 and now 9/8. The September 8th appointment was based on the car arriving in Houston this past Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Which did not happen.

I need a phone call immediately (XXX-XXX-XXX) from someone, a high-level individual with direct knowledge of the exact whereabouts of my car and what is being done to promptly deliver the car to Houston North so that this third delivery date is not missed. I also need to receive daily updates as to the car’s location, status and any pertinent information regarding what is being done to ensure delivery. Anything less than that would be unacceptable.

I would also strongly advise Tesla, that for any customer who has had to pay up-front, that daily tracking information be provided as to the whereabouts of their vehicle during shipment. That communication, which could be easily accomplished, would go a long way to alleviate the frustrations of your Texas customers and would give Tesla important early feedback so that steps could be taken catch logistical issues early before they turn into messes as mine has become.

I trust you can quickly resolve the issues with my car and take my constructive criticism to heart by taking steps to ensure this situation is not repeated in the future.

Sincerely,
Very well written, thanks for being a torch bearer for TX buyers. Hope someone responds to you and get your car next Saturday.

Has anyone who was told they will get a text update actually received anything? Still scheduled for Sept 5 at 11am but was told that my car was in OK yesterday.

Something new today though, my VIN now shows up under “your model 3” on my Tesla account page. I have a low VIN of 30xxx

Sincerely,
Really good, hopefully they respond!

Has anyone who was told they will get a text update actually received anything? Still scheduled for Sept 5 at 11am but was told that my car was in OK yesterday.

Something new today though, my VIN now shows up under “your model 3” on my Tesla account page. I have a low VIN of 30xxx
No text update here. My Account page also has not updated.

A few quick photos of the Pond Springs location from a few hours ago. You can see the lot is loaded with 3s, so full I'm not sure where they'd put any others (maybe around back). I saw one that matched my config that was covered in dust (rail dust?). I have a pretty common config, so who knows.

Also - note the Old Dominion truck in front. Not sure if they have anything to do with car transport. Maybe merch or whatever they sell in the store.

fullsizeoutput_47f3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_47f8.jpeg

A few quick photos of the Pond Springs location from a few hours ago. You can see the lot is loaded with 3s, so full I'm not sure where they'd put any others (maybe around back). I saw one that matched my config that was covered in dust (rail dust?). I have a pretty common config, so who knows.

Also - note the Old Dominion truck in front. Not sure if they have anything to do with car transport. Maybe merch or whatever they sell in the store.

View attachment 330418
View attachment 330419

I see some reds with 18s out there! :)

I'm probably not close enough to my delivery date for my car to be there, yet. Still waiting...Sept 10th cannot come quickly enough. I just hope it's not ultimately rescheduled on me.

I hope this Mason guy can sort things out. I know they are busy, but I really wish it felt as though they were prioritizing the deliveries based on reservation dates and wait times. Seeing the fb, forum, reddit posts of people ordering later than most of us and already taking delivery is a huge slap in the face.

He's on LinkedIn. Mark C Mason Regional Delivery Manager at Tesla based in Houston

Thanks @HiTechRedneck for the good info: Tired of waiting; so sent Mark a linkedin invite that said "Looking forward to my Tesla arriving; but for those of us that have paid for a car we haven't test driven, seen or even know it's location; deliveries from Latham to Texas are just not happening in a reasonable manner. Can you help? teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/texas-hold-up.108153" -

If a hundred people did this, I think we would see some bolder action.