Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivered time shows today (8/31) but pickup time is also today… Does that mean the car is delivered? o_O

3 more coming to Cedar Springs (Dallas):

059082 (this is mine!!)
The 3rd one is a Model S
@louisTM3 according to this your car was delivered today at 12:20 PM!

Attachments

• AD923F18-72CE-4DE7-8799-DF2FC6A72890.jpeg
    AD923F18-72CE-4DE7-8799-DF2FC6A72890.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 80
Well, it appears that the current status on United Road is sort of correct for my VIN. It was definitely supposed to be picked up and delivered today but although trucks are lined up, it did not get out of the rail yard. Carol from Vegas called me a few minutes back to give me the bad news. I really appreciate that they called me this time though. She seemed confident that it would be moving in the next day though, and scheduled me for Wednesday next week. Fingers crossed. Please stop moving Christmas!

• Funny
Reactions: TX_Drivetime
Yup! I got an email from Cedar Springs to ask if I want to pick up my car tomorrow, unfortunately my day is completely full tomorrow so the worst case is to stick to my original pick up date of 9/7.
Phew, I think I'd have cleared my day. I know, not always possible. But it would be torturing me to know I COULD pick it up if I wanted to, but didn't. Every time I've talked to someone to schedule a delivery appointment, I've been like....you tell me and I'll make it happen :)

Reactions: louisTM3
Clearly spoke too soon; looks like myself and a few more are actually STILL awaiting pickup from Latham with a truck that is just outside of LA. Not sure why our truck has been going from AZ to East CA, to just east of LA? Are we waiting for this truck #96604 to drive BACK up to Nor Cal to get our cars?

Here is the Pond Springs List
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 1.49.03 AM.png

• Love
Reactions: amietk
Taxes, mileage on your brand new car, road dings, and time off, plus flight. Worst is CA loves taxes. More than you would expect; plus fees etc. Go here to calculate the cost: Vehicle Registration Fee Calculator

mileage is irrelevant if I'm the one driving the car. I have kids so dings are coming. I travel for work so free flight.

Good link. I think the extra fees make the idea less appealing. Goes from 7.5% to ~10%.

Your destination charge won’t be waived though, even if you pick it up in California. That’s a standard charge for people picking up the car anywhere, even if you pick it up in Fremont.

That doesn't sound legal.

But this is all probably moot. I talked to Tesla and my take away is that by the time I receive a VIN, the car will already be staged at a major distribution hub far from the factory and closer to me. They will wait until the get my $$ and then move it to the already selected distribution center (after a loooong delay apparently). So I will probably get my Porsche Taycan before the M3 shows up.

Been checking the United Road site all last night and this morning. It shows my car as still in Ft Worth with Pick-up Pending.

I had resigned myself to the car being here Tuesday which would mean that they would be able to make my third delivery date.

Just now I got a call from Adam, the Delivery Manager at North Houston. He told me my car is in Houston and has cleared the first inspection and that they are detailing it now.

Question: "Would you like to pick it up today?"

Answer: "HELL Yea!!!"

So at 4:00 PM today I'm officially out of this group! :)

I will come back and visit, and continue to share what I've learned.

Now, THIS is how to spend a Holiday Weekend.:):):):)

Last edited:
That is fantastic news merrill. Of all the avenues of contacting Tesla, do you have a sense of which (if any) got things moving for you?
Will speak with Houston Delivery Manager and see if we together can establish a direct line of communication to resolve your OKC to Austin problems. Will reach out directly with any news late today.

• Love
Reactions: SleepingLesson
Now that I'm out. I've got a whole Tesla Texas logistics map I've pieced together while I've been waiting. Got to do something with it so I'll be sharing it later with a description of the sequence as it stands presently.

Now I have to go finish clearing space in the Garage.

Merrill - so happy for you! I picked up my M3 exactly two weeks ago today. You will have a great time with it, I promise; we took the long way home to Rosenberg from the N Houston DC via Willis and Fulshire, so much fun to have the TACC and EAP show up. My wife was fiddling with the streaming music the whole time!

I will also track this thread until Sleeping Lesson gets delivery!

Reactions: SleepingLesson
Been checking the United Road site all last night and this morning. It shows my car as still in Ft Worth with Pick-up Pending.

I had resigned myself to the car being here Tuesday which would mean that they would be able to make my third delivery date.

Just now I got a call from Adam, the Delivery Manager at North Houston. He told me my car is in Houston and has cleared the first inspection and that they are detailing it now.

Question: "Would you like to pick it up today?"

Answer: "HELL Yea!!!"

So at 4:00 PM today I'm officially out of this group! :)

I will come back and visit, and continue to share what I've learned.

Now, THIS is how to spend a Holiday Weekend.:):):):)

I am secretly wishing for a call like that too, but pretty sure it's not going to happen. I will be elated if Wednesday sticks for me now. Come back and tell us how it is!!