Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have and IDA now. Finally! Bad news is I am stuck getting the car in TX which she said will take a minimum of 3 weeks.

So I called Tesla multiple times to express my concern that my car would pop out of the factory and the VIN would be assigned to me, and because I'm in TX, it would be scheduled to ship to TX, and there would be no changing that after the fact. Multiple Tesla CSR swore up and down that I was worried about nothing and could change delivery locations once I had the VIN. Guess what? I was exactly correct. So to change delivery I have to go to the back of the line and get a new VIN. So I gave up on that idea and instead of 1 week delivery delay, I'm stuck with 3+ weeks. At least I should get the car this year.

Reactions: jprac80
I'm so jealous of everyone here who is getting their car. I don't even have a VIN yet :(

Crazy have your tried the "hidden VIN" trick yet? I worked for me, and the VIN was the one they delivered to me.

Pub Cheese - I had the checklist, but the handiest thing I took was a small LED flashlight so I could look in the trunk and other 'shadow' places. The few minor items I noticed where corrected before we left. My M3 is at the SC right now because there was some strange spots on the hood that were only visible when light was at an angle (think sunset). They gave me a P90D as a loaner and I want my M3 back. I don't want to disparage anyone who likes the S, it just is not as nice as our "Sparky"!

I mean, if you've gotten an MVPA, you've gotten your VIN. It showing up on the site is really just a matter of whether you're 7 days away from delivery or not. As I've seen just now. i've had my VIN since I paid, but it just showed up on the site on Monday midday (7 days exactly from delivery scheduled). As they just bumped back my delivery, my VIN is now gone.

Ok so which one of you is Cody? :D
U7pvhoE.gif

What's the hidden VIN trick?

I was afraid you’d ask me that! Way back when I was in the lurch waiting to hear where my M3 was it was in this thread (I think). Let me review my posts and get you a reference.

Basically on a PC you view the source code from you “My Tesla” page and look towards the bottom of all the code for the “hidden vin” code, then you go to a decoder site and it translates it.

I will post a reference when I find it!

I haven't gotten much of anything ever since. I still don't have a scheduled date.

How often do you talk to your IDA? I’m afraid if you are too quiet; you might end up getting lost in the crowd. Not saying to shout, just be louder. I’m also trying to be as nice as I possible and doing everything the IDA asks as quickly as I can. Paid cash to make it easier and faster for my IDA to get things moving.

I also think there are two sets of Texas deliveries. One set, roughly paid for around the 27th, that are going through a new delivery workflow much faster, and all set of the older orders that have been in rail jail.

Reactions: jdirik
Man, this thread is a roller coaster. I emailed my IDA 5 days ago, no response. Sent another email yesterday asking for an update/confirmation of my delivery date on Sat, got a very vague 'I'll let you know' response. -_-
I don't want to jinx myself, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! My IDA emailed me at 2:30 to tell me that my car should be at the delivery center in the next 24 hours. Of course that's just the next hurdle, but I'm optimistic.

No change on the United Road site though, still shows pending pickup, same as yesterday. May or may not mean anything, but I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow anyway.

Reactions: jdirik and quaa
I don't want to jinx myself, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! My IDA emailed me at 2:30 to tell me that my car should be at the delivery center in the next 24 hours. Of course that's just the next hurdle, but I'm optimistic.

Yay, glad to hear the good news! When I was catching up on this thread there was so much good news, and then I ran into your delayed thread and got bummed again.