Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the Maxspider mats from EV Tuning . They are on backorder but are the best looking and most highly rated mats so far.
That's what I've read as well. Although I'm not sure how necessary all-weather mats are in TX. I'm just going to stick with the carpet mats for now.

FedEX delivered my DMV docs. Got them signed and sealed in the return envelope. Also called Pond Springs and confirmed that my car is in fact physically on the lot with matching VIN, and that they will send a Lyft for me. I think I'm ready for delivery tomorrow! :D

Reactions: libra89
My new 3 will be getting its tint installed a SunBusters up by the delivery center tomorrow. :) . You guys will be very happy once you get yours. I've also learned the hard way, the traction control DOES let you have some RWD fun in the rain. That was one thing I was really hoping to get as an advantage over AWD.
Sunbuster has done tint for all of my cars. However, they are now charging $200 more for F1 Pinnacle (my go-to tint), for a total of $649. They normally give me a 10% loyalty discount, but said they no longer give it for the Model 3 due to its labor intensiveness. I'm going to do XPEL Prime XR at XPEL Austin instead. Another member said they got it earlier this year at $399. When I called a couple of months ago, it was $499. I just called a couple of days ago, it's now $699 ($899 for Prime XR Plus). But the manger gave me $599 instead since I had talked to him before the price went up. XPEL also gives discounts for car club members, so I get another 10% off for being a BMW CCA member. So that ends up being $539. Everything I've read says the Prime XR is comparable to F1 Pinnacle. And I've heard form people who got it and liked it. I've had PPF done at XPEL Austin before, but never tint. I've heard good things about their tint installs though. Both they and Sunbuster do the rear window in one piece.

Ok, to badge... or not to badge? They removed my hood badge so they can do the paint correction and PPF and not have to work around it, which I'm cool with. However, seeing it today, with it off... I'm thinking of leaving it off. Thoughts???

Attachments

• 20180920_161051.jpg
    20180920_161051.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20180920_155435.jpg
    20180920_155435.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 47
Sunbuster has done tint for all of my cars. However, they are now charging $200 more for F1 Pinnacle (my go-to tint), for a total of $649. They normally give me a 10% loyalty discount, but said they no longer give it for the Model 3 due to its labor intensiveness. I'm going to do XPEL Prime XR at XPEL Austin instead. Another member said they got it earlier this year at $399. When I called a couple of months ago, it was $499. I just called a couple of days ago, it's now $699 ($899 for Prime XR Plus). But the manger gave me $599 instead since I had talked to him before the price went up. XPEL also gives discounts for car club members, so I get another 10% off for being a BMW CCA member. So that ends up being $539. Everything I've read says the Prime XR is comparable to F1 Pinnacle. And I've heard form people who got it and liked it. I've had PPF done at XPEL Austin before, but never tint. I've heard good things about their tint installs though. Both they and Sunbuster do the rear window in one piece.
So either way, it's a lot. Ha. Anyway yeah I was quoted $649, so whatever. I don't want to cancel last minute so I'll stick with it. I'm having second thoughts about the front bumper ppf though. The car is going to get dinged up all over no matter what, so why try to save the front bumper?

So either way, it's a lot. Ha. Anyway yeah I was quoted $649, so whatever. I don't want to cancel last minute so I'll stick with it. I'm having second thoughts about the front bumper ppf though. The car is going to get dinged up all over no matter what, so why try to save the front bumper?
The paint chips look pretty bad after a while. With PPF, minor hits can self-heal and looks fine. I'm going to do pretty extensive PPF, though I'm saving on labor by doing a lot of it myself and saving the hardest part for my installer.

Reactions: paco878
So my vin was showing up in unitedroad as late as this morning, still at the Richmond hub, but I just checked it again and now I get a message saying " The VIN you entered was not found." Well I don't know how should feel about that.

Same for mine. Was showing at the Oakland hub earlier today. Nothing now. Hopefully means there has been some movement. Someone else in Houston mentioned that their car is already at the local service center despite payment being finalized today. I'd assumed that cars weren't brought into Texas until fully paid for.

Same for mine. Was showing at the Oakland hub earlier today. Nothing now. Hopefully means there has been some movement. Someone else in Houston mentioned that their car is already at the local service center despite payment being finalized today. I'd assumed that cars weren't brought into Texas until fully paid for.
Yeah same boat. My car had been was showing in the San Francisco Port since August 27 on the United Road site. I've had a scheduled appointment for delivery on September 25 for 3 weeks now.
Final payment was sent today, after waiting 11 days to hear back on from the trade in department. As of this evening my car now longer shows on the United Road site. And my IDA said I'm still set for 9/25 delivery.
Maybe Tesla found a loophole to green light shipments to Texas ahead of final payment.

The paint chips look pretty bad after a while. With PPF, minor hits can self-heal and looks fine. I'm going to do pretty extensive PPF, though I'm saving on labor by doing a lot of it myself and saving the hardest part for my installer.
Yeah, that was my thought, as well, where maybe I do the doors/hood myself, leave the front bumper for a professional. We'll see, though, my free time to do such things is really limited

Ha, I also understand that well.

Funny enough, just got to SunBusters, another Model 3 is in getting its tint finished up now. My big question mark is whether the 30% will be to dark for the already tinted back window, and that is what they're having done, so I get to see it in person before they start mine. As it stands, I'm asking for 50% in the back.

Also holy crap we've derailed this thread.

• Funny
Reactions: paco878
Ha, I also understand that well.

Funny enough, just got to SunBusters, another Model 3 is in getting its tint finished up now. My big question mark is whether the 30% will be to dark for the already tinted back window, and that is what they're having done, so I get to see it in person before they start mine. As it stands, I'm asking for 50% in the back.

Also holy crap we've derailed this thread.

Ha. I dropped mine off at about 9AM this morning, so I must have just missed you. I went back and forth between the 30% and 50% and ended up going with 30 on the top... Now I'm second guessing that choice.

Ha. I dropped mine off at about 9AM this morning, so I must have just missed you. I went back and forth between the 30% and 50% and ended up going with 30 on the top... Now I'm second guessing that choice.
Didn't realize the rear is already tinted from the factory. Is everyone tinting the roof as well? Normally I like to go for the legal limit, 25%, all the way around. Since most factory glass come with a slight tint (~10%), I tend to just go with 35% all the way around. If the rear glass is already tinted, that I would need to adjust the rear tint levels such that the final result is 25% light transmittance. Anyone knows what the light transmittance is on the rear glass from the factory?

Didn't realize the rear is already tinted from the factory. Is everyone tinting the roof as well? Normally I like to go for the legal limit, 25%, all the way around. Since most factory glass come with a slight tint (~10%), I tend to just go with 35% all the way around. If the rear glass is already tinted, that I would need to adjust the rear tint levels such that the final result is 25% light transmittance. Anyone knows what the light transmittance is on the rear glass from the factory?
Only half the rear is tinted.

• Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Victory was achieved at 903 days, 9 hours, 32 minutes.

Picked it up last night in the dark outside the SC front door. Yes, legally. :p

Still need to go over it Saturday morning as all I did was a wheel count and checked the trunk for the charging kit pieces. Slumming on my J-1772 until I settle on HPWC location so wanted to make sure the adaptor was in there. Between the dark, and the water on the car, and needing to run an extended errand right away I figured I might as well do a proper going over at home instead.

P.S. Already closing in on 200 miles on the odometer. Good stuff. :)