Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are few of us and lots of them and all they are dealing with at the moment are basically the small % of infant mortalities.

Looking at the US threads things aren't so amazing as they get busy with 6-8 week waits for routine service appointments not unusual.
Yes but in adelaide we don't have the luxury of a service centre, and I'm sure that once a critical mass is reached we will have. I think it will be a very long time before there are the sheer quantity of sales in adelaide to choke the new service centre to the american levels. For a start, a dedicated rhd stream would be needed in the factory to pump them out.

Picked up my car this afternoon! Had a ball driving it home but looking forward to going for a nice long drive somewhere tomorrow.

P85D_Side.jpg

P85D-front.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3505.JPG
    IMG_3505.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 189
I'm back on the road, thanks to Nathan and Nick from Tesla. A new accelerator pedal fixed it and I am motoring again and much relieved. :)
Great to hear service came through for you. However, a lot more detail as to the exact nature of the problem would be appreciated. This seems to be unique. I have not heard of.an accelerator pedal being an issue reported on the forums. The pedal is essentially connected to a rheostat, I presume. Those have been around forever and are a reliable piece of electronic kit. So what exactly failed and so soon? That is the concerning bit.

I'm really happy with the look of the grey turbines. I've got to install the wheel protection strips this weekend because I really don't want to get a scratch on them!

What wheel protection strips did you purchase bb07?

Great to hear the issue was resolved rather quickly all things considered. If this had occurred at a 'destination' or regional Supercharger ... what an adventure :eek:

Great to hear service came through for you. However, a lot more detail as to the exact nature of the problem would be appreciated. This seems to be unique. I have not heard of.an accelerator pedal being an issue reported on the forums. The pedal is essentially connected to a rheostat, I presume. Those have been around forever and are a reliable piece of electronic kit. So what exactly failed and so soon? That is the concerning bit.

The tech seemed surprised too. He was keen to get the failed part back to Engineering. There isn't a history of failure as far as I could determine.

a lot more detail as to the exact nature of the problem would be appreciated. This seems to be unique. I have not heard of.an accelerator pedal being an issue reported on the forums. The pedal is essentially connected to a rheostat, I presume. Those have been around forever and are a reliable piece of electronic kit. So what exactly failed and so soon? That is the concerning bit.

DBorn, have a read of this post, small amount of info on the accelerator pedal used.
Basically, the pedal outputs two signals that are opposites and the computer does a comparison of those signals to detect what position your foot is in. The reason for this is that if one of those signals has a failure, there will be a difference error, and then it is impossible for the accelerator to 'fail on'.

My point is, that anything slightly off in the accelerator pedal will result in an error.

Not all of that information is in that post, some of it came from memory, reading it elsewhere but forgot where.

Put a Tesla motor in any car or truck ever made - Page 2

Maybe it is or isn't what happened to mhh's car, but it's interesting none the less.

Glad it all worked out for you mhh.

Hey Brewster,

Did you manage to sus which ship you are on - the might Cap Blanche perhaps? Do you have a ETA?

Mine shouldn't be too much longer now - I am estimating 2 weeks...

I don't think I'm on a ship quite yet - haven't any info from Tesla that it is 'on the water'.
As far as I can figure, not the CAP BLANCHE as it left prior to mine being built.
However, I think the ANL BARWON is a possibility which is in Long Beach at present. Otherwise the next ship is the CAP PASADO currently in San Francisco.

I would have thought your car was on the GUENTHER SCHULTE which just unloaded in Sydney. Where do you reckon your car is at?