Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for the Evannex wheel bands. I'll let you know how easy they are to install on the weekend. Tesla Model S Wheel Bands
As the Evannex man told me when I was over there, these are actually made in NZ. I made the mistake of attempting the get a wheel repaired then bands installed at the local dealer (actually a BMW shop). They quoted two days (Wednesday to Friday) and when I went to pick up the car they said 'Oh that won't be ready til next Thursday. Much wobbly on my part to get the car back with one half fixed wheel and no bands. Will have to find another source of the bands.

I don't think I'm on a ship quite yet - haven't any info from Tesla that it is 'on the water'.
As far as I can figure, not the CAP BLANCHE as it left prior to mine being built.
However, I think the ANL BARWON is a possibility which is in Long Beach at present. Otherwise the next ship is the CAP PASADO currently in San Francisco.

I would have thought your car was on the GUENTHER SCHULTE which just unloaded in Sydney. Where do you reckon your car is at?

I believe I am on the Cap Capricorn which is currently docked at the Port of Melbourne. I would be curious to know how long it takes from the moment the Guenther Schulte unloaded in Sydney to when Tesla Sydney has the car available for pick-up. So are there any forum members who were on the Guenther Schulte? Have you got your cars yet? How long did that take from 18 August 2015?

@raynewman
interested to see if the wheel bands need replacement when tires are replaced. I would think so.
I have replaced the channels on my wheel bands from EV annex several times. Slight curb rubs knock them off. Much better than the alternative. I have had to reorder the band kit. Place a friendly email and call and they will take care of you for reorders as needed. They work very well in spite of my bad parking habits.

Ztrekus.

Based he'd on my experience only, and likely influenced by queuing times to and from the boats,

it takes 4 to 4.5 weeks from "finished production" to landing in Sydney. From that to ready for delivery took 8 days. All up, just under six weeks to delivery.

if you haven't been called yet, then you missed next week, and thus clearly you are in September

they are expecting OVER 200 D's (mostly P85Ds) through September at forty per boat load !!

WAVES OF CARS. very exciting

Ztrekus.

Based he'd on my experience only, and likely influenced by queuing times to and from the boats,

it takes 4 to 4.5 weeks from "finished production" to landing in Sydney. From that to ready for delivery took 8 days. All up, just under six weeks to delivery.

if you haven't been called yet, then you missed next week, and thus clearly you are in September

they are expecting OVER 200 D's (mostly P85Ds) through September at forty per boat load !!

WAVES OF CARS. very exciting

Goodness gracious that is an incredible number of Ds...

If I hadn't bought a Tesla, I would have bought shares in Tesla

Yes indeed, been a great purchase. Glad to have bought quite a bit at just under a hundred

However, the important thing is that the "boy toys" are coming after a nine month wait. Very exciting

just saw this video today, best yet .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPyFiM26SQ4&feature=youtu.be
https://youtu.be/rPyFiM26SQ4
https://youtu.be/rPyFiM26SQ4

Her reaction pretty much sums it up! I had quite a few similar reactions today including my wife's 88 year old grandmother...

Congrats. Hoever, your "issue" is a serious one!!! Perhaps the service people can help? Maybe activate the ejector seat? You can then use your personalised app to regain control!!
What, you didn't know one was fitted? best kept secret at Tesla.

Hahahaha... may I suggest Valet Mode at the least.

I think when all the P85Ds get delivered towards the end of September, we should have another get together at Gosford...

On the other hand, we could do it at Goulburn and overwhelm the 8 bay superchargers! Council wouldn't know what hit them.

Today I took out insurance on my yet to be delivered Tesla - but I made the insurance effective from Friday, even though it will probably be delivered in the week after that. (What's a few days here or there eh?)

Anyway, I did it with NRMA and the MAXIMUM agreed value that they will insure the car for is a measly $192,400... They wouldn't budge on that unless there were modifications made to the car. I didn't want to go down the Ludicrous Mode option - they probably would have denied insurance all together right?

So I chose the comprehensive cover but with a 14 day hire car option - no windscreen or any other option... Price: $2746.12 (Included loyalty discount of 12% and No claim of 60%).

I confess that I have not shopped around but in defence of that:
1) There is a 21 day cooling off period (provided no claims are made) and
2) I am always worried about taking out insurance from small'ish insurance companies because it is like investing $192k into the company. I would NOT buy $192k worth of shares in them. So if a claim ever had to be made, I would like some peace of mind that they will exist in 12 months time and can pay it out! I know, I know HIH was a big company but still....

I think when all the P85Ds get delivered towards the end of September, we should have another get together at Gosford...

On the other hand, we could do it at Goulburn and overwhelm the 8 bay superchargers! Council wouldn't know what hit them.

Today I took out insurance on my yet to be delivered Tesla - but I made the insurance effective from Friday, even though it will probably be delivered in the week after that. (What's a few days here or there eh?)

Anyway, I did it with NRMA and the MAXIMUM agreed value that they will insure the car for is a measly $192,400... They wouldn't budge on that unless there were modifications made to the car. I didn't want to go down the Ludicrous Mode option - they probably would have denied insurance all together right?

So I chose the comprehensive cover but with a 14 day hire car option - no windscreen or any other option... Price: $2746.12 (Included loyalty discount of 12% and No claim of 60%).

2) I am always worried about taking out insurance from small'ish insurance companies because it is like investing $192k into the company. I would NOT buy $192k worth of shares in them. So if a claim ever had to be made, I would like some peace of mind that they will exist in 12 months time and can pay it out! I know, I know HIH was a big company but still....
I realise mine's not a "D" but YOUI came up with a really good price ($786.52). See following policy conditions.

YOUI.jpg

We picked up the P85D yesterday, it was a rare wet and miserable day in Perth, car was delivered clean, it's now filthy but I couldn't care less, the car is magnificent.
only issue I have is getting the wife out of the drivers seat.

Interesting problem. My wife is still confused as to why I would buy a car you have to plug in. But then she struggles to keep her phone charged.

Maas another sandgroper I am interested in how your delivery experience went. Did you pick the car up from the logistics company, or did they come to you?

Ztrekus- Brewsters quote from RAC Vic is pretty similar to RACWA, WA has a 25% discount for Electric vehicles, not sure if RAC Vic has the same set up, worth the phone call though.

One way to easily reduce your quote, is to raise the excess to the Max of $2000. You will save $600-700 off the premium for $1400 in coverage. Aussie companies seem to charge up to a 50% coverage rate for each dollar coverage over the excess.

Check it out

Interesting problem. My wife is still confused as to why I would buy a car you have to plug in. But then she struggles to keep her phone charged.

Maas another sandgroper I am interested in how your delivery experience went. Did you pick the car up from the logistics company, or did they come to you?

From the logistics company WA-T3sla, they look like having a busy few weeks coming up.