Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new nose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
model-x.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=96002&d=1443587539.png

Personally I like everything better on the new nose except the center of the bumper cover, it looks sterile.

I'm on board with it. Good change, but it'll probably take me a few looks to get used to it.

As did the whole crowd. They were not impressed in an immediate way. It took me about 7 seconds of staring right at it to realize I LOVE IT A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER THAN A GRILL. It just LOOKS different, and no one is used to it. No one. ICE != ELECTRIC. For that safety record, and the fact it doesn't look like a tird, I'm very happy with it.

It is an acquired taste, which took me 7 seconds to acquire. But to newborn kids, it probably will look fine day 1.

Just took a good look at the Tesla Model X on the Model X of the web site. It looks like a cute domestic animal, like a kitten or something. This is not your Roadster; this is moving more and more toward the around town family vehicle, for the folks with children, not for the racers. That it is a real car with real specs makes it a nice car to have for everybody who doesn't need the keg-chugging football-tackling brain-damage ICE crowd, and I'm glad the loud-heads of the ICE world will stay away from Tesla, personally, but I AM AWARE THAT some of them are tepidly trying out the Tesla waters, and my answer is --- well, thank you, but to each his own. A lot of people who used to hate driving because of loud dirty ICE vehicles will now start to like cars for the first time, and some tiny % of them will become racers of the new quiet car ranks.

Last edited:
Not a fan at all. The S looks like a $100,000 car when it is coming at you. This production version of the X loses any aggressiveness/sportiness of the concept and that is not how I would want the front end of my car to look at all.

The rest looks great.

I just realized: it would be possible for Tesla to offer an option to get a crappier, uglier more ICE-like grill, ala Model S, for those too hooked to their baby years to grow up and enter the new age (ahem, prefer the more stylistic choice of the air-breathing superlatives of the grand ages of our transportation medium).

I just realized: it would be possible for Tesla to offer an option to get a crappier, uglier more ICE-like grill, ala Model S, for those too hooked to their baby years to grow up and enter the new age (ahem, prefer the more stylistic choice of the air-breathing superlatives of the grand ages of our transportation medium).

Haha but why would they? If I really want a Tesla I will probably have to deal with this type of front end. It just looks so plain (especially in white).

That being said, I can't believe how much they can fit in what looks like such a small package.

As did the whole crowd. They were not impressed in an immediate way. It took me about 7 seconds of staring right at it to realize I LOVE IT A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER THAN A GRILL. It just LOOKS different, and no one is used to it. No one. ICE != ELECTRIC. For that safety record, and the fact it doesn't look like a tird, I'm very happy with it.

It is an acquired taste, which took me 7 seconds to acquire. But to newborn kids, it probably will look fine day 1.

I think that one is Tesla to blame, they have been hiding the front so much that when I saw it my first reaction was. They are still hiding the front? When the 2nd darker car drove in I thought that Musk was going to play a joke and say, joking here is the real front! It wasn't about it being good or bad, more like being off guard.

I also think they need to hire someone to handle the lighting, the lighting was pretty bad. People don't realizing how important lighting is. I remember when buying furniture in a store, they had low quality CFL lighting and when we got it in the house it looked completely different. So proper lighting makes all the difference.

Another aspect I will note is that the angle on the stage is not the angle a person sees the car, the stage angle camera shows from bottom up, but most cars you look from up to down. This changes the look.

Overall my final impressions are that I like the Model S front more, but I like this front more than the alpha Model X front. Though overall I like the look of sedans more than SUVs. For an SUV I think it looks good.