Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The quest for wider wheels and tires, 295, 305 and beyond...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the next week or so I'll be picking up a set of wheels. Looking at 19x11. Curious as to what would be the best offset for them? I'm eventually going 305+, so I'd like to go wider than 10.5 to start.
Looks like anything in a decent offset is going to be pretty spendy. I guess 19x 10.5 will be it for now. And before anyone questions it, yes, all the normal wide wheel/tire supporting mods are included.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindenwood
Very happy new '23 M3P owner here

Any concerns with 19x10 +40 fronts with 275/35 PS4S and 19x11 +55 305/30 PS4S? Stock everything.

Looks like plenty of clearance in the rear and tires are well under the fender. Fronts will need 3-5mm spacers, and stick out a little. This will be my track setup (long track, no autocross or hill climbs)
I've read most of this thread, but there's a LOT to digest.

What areas should I be checking for rubbing?
Will I have issues with the outside of the tire? (read the post about cutting the outside of the tire auto-crossing)
Will I have issues at full compression?
And can I run 5mm spacers with stock studs (I'm not sure what 'giving up precious knuckle clearance' means)

I understand this wont be the fastest setup, but I already have these wheels/tires from my previous car.

Clearance (with janky 5/16" spacers)
IMG_3276.jpg

Front (top down view)
IMG_3285.jpg

Rear: (top down view)
IMG_3284.jpg

Very happy new '23 M3P owner here

Any concerns with 19x10 +40 fronts with 275/35 PS4S and 19x11 +55 305/30 PS4S? Stock everything.

Looks like plenty of clearance in the rear and tires are well under the fender. Fronts will need 3-5mm spacers, and stick out a little. This will be my track setup (long track, no autocross or hill climbs)
I've read most of this thread, but there's a LOT to digest.

Will I have issues with the outside of the tire? (read the post about cutting the outside of the tire auto-crossing)
And can I run 5mm spacers with stock studs (I'm not sure what 'giving up precious knuckle clearance' means)

I understand this wont be the fastest setup, but I already have these wheels/tires from my previous car.

Clearance (with janky 5/16" spacers)
View attachment 911343
Front (top down view)
View attachment 911344
Rear: (top down view)
View attachment 911342
Like the fitment. What wheels?

@Dreamin I am currently running MRR M350 in 19x10 ET40 square. I am using 265/40/19 tires. I'm also using 5mm spacers and it clears width wise easily. The tires are too tall so there is very little height clearance (maybe 1-2mm) but does not rub. 265/35/19 would be ideal. I used these wheels and tires on my S550 Mustang GT so I wanted to see if they would work. I think 275/35 would be tight.

You can get 5mm spacers from Danny at Modelplus. No issue on the length of the studs when using a 5mm spacer.

Front fender, inner upright. Maybe inner linkages in the rear. I'm not aware of people running a +55 offset in the rear, that's pretty deep. While there is plenty of space, the is a limit somewhere. So, maybe take the spring off and run the wheel through its potential travel to check.
Yes, potentially it can rub. You setup will be marginally closer to the fender than the linked 265/35-19 setup on 19x9 +30 wheel. (You're on +35 effective offset + 5mm wider tire, +mounted on a wider rim).
See above.
Possibly, but a lot depends on a particular rim's lug seat thickness. Count the turns required to tighten with your 5/16" spacer (8ish mm) and add two. If that number is over 7.5, you should be safe-ish.

Also, you need to zip-tie those wheel sensors to the upright.

Regrettably, the Goodyear Supercar 3R in a 305...is not a 305. They measure 330mm wide.

The Falken RT660 in a 305 measures...305mm.

The Kumho V730's in a 275 measure 280mm.

Unfortunately, I can't see any way of fitting an entire inch more of tread on this car. Oh, and they shipped me tires with 3-year old DOT's again - so there's that. At the very least, I can provide a nice visual representation of just how massive they are.

PXL_20230226_165524860.jpg

Regrettably, the Goodyear Supercar 3R in a 305...is not a 305. They measure 330mm wide.

The Falken RT660 in a 305 measures...305mm.

The Kumho V730's in a 275 measure 280mm.

Unfortunately, I can't see any way of fitting an entire inch more of tread on this car. Oh, and they shipped me tires with 3-year old DOT's again - so there's that. At the very least, I can provide a nice visual representation of just how massive they are.

View attachment 915900
Is there problem in the rear or in front? or both?

I know UPP sells wider fenders for the front that might help you.

Pffft 8 in the office and 4 in the shop is the hip way to do it. 😅
I actually have 24 in the garage, I just only have 8 of them stacked to the roof. (look carefully, a stack of 4 by the garage door, 4 more on the wall, 4 more on the car, 4 more somewhere else...)

But I also work from home, so can I claim I have 24 at my office? ;)