Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope...I was born at night but not last night. This is in addition to that space

Huh, well now I have to try that.

Just to be clear, that under-trunk storage (aka the rear-seat space) is accessible via lifting-cover in the trunk floor, AND is open on the left hand side and passes thru to the left cubby area... so you can reach thru from the cubby and feel the open space in there...

Has anyone else discovered the secret compartment in the trunk? If you reach down the left side there's a nice cavity to store small stuff (I keep my bag of connectors there) however, if you reach in the compartment and run your hand towards the middle of the car...there's a cavity that goes all along the rear of the car. Unless I wasn't thorough, I didn't find another way to access that area....making it a secret compartment of sorts.

Maybe you could use it for running whiskey! :wink:

Huh, well now I have to try that.

Just to be clear, that under-trunk storage (aka the rear-seat space) is accessible via lifting-cover in the trunk floor, AND is open on the left hand side and passes thru to the left cubby area... so you can reach thru from the cubby and feel the open space in there...

The right side too for cars with standard audio. I put a footwell organizer in mine, so the area under the trunk "floor" mount beams in each cubby are hidden areas for me to put stuff that is not visible even when opening the footwell cover.

Has anyone else discovered the secret compartment in the trunk? If you reach down the left side there's a nice cavity to store small stuff (I keep my bag of connectors there) however, if you reach in the compartment and run your hand towards the middle of the car...there's a cavity that goes all along the rear of the car. Unless I wasn't thorough, I didn't find another way to access that area....making it a secret compartment of sorts.

I think you might need pictures to describe this.. because to me it does sound like the footwell area covered by the removable panel. If it's not that area connected to the left cubby, where is it exactly?

Middle as in left-right middle, or front-rear middle?

If left-right middle, then that hidden compartment is reachable as well from the lower part of the child seat cavity towards the left (and right for standard audio).

So if it's NOT the space shown in this image (where the duffel bag is) and has a removable panel, where is this new magic cubby space? Or are we being punked?

Duffle_05_1024x1024.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Aha! I think I figured it out. whiskeyrunner must have "All weather trunk mat" that covers the removable panel the exposes the area the rest of us know about. So, no, no new secret hidden compartment.

IMG_4479_1024x1024.jpg

So if it's NOT the space shown in this image (where the duffel bag is) and has a removable panel, where is this new magic cubby space? Or are we being punked?

It's nothing magical. It's this area, circled in white.

You can reach it from either the wine-holder cavity on the left, or from the removal panel area (i.e. left of the duffel bag at the bottom).

Can't really see it with the eyes though, unless you really get really down in there, but you can feel it from either side.
Hidden.png

I think we're talking about the same thing. That area you circled is opened between the footwell area and the left side pocket. It's not a separate area. Like mentioned above, things stored in the side pocket roll into the footwell area all the time. Or are you talking *not* on the floor, but in the structure above?

I think we're talking about the same thing. That area you circled is opened between the footwell area and the left side pocket. It's not a separate area. Like mentioned above, things stored in the side pocket roll into the footwell area all the time. Or are you talking *not* on the floor, but in the structure above?

Like I said - nothing magical.

I was more commenting on whiskeyrunner, specifically the highlighted part where he said he couldn't find another access. Yes, there is another access... it's part of the footwell area.

I use those pockets for everything. Left pocket for UMC bag, tire pump, wheel chocks, torque wrench, and breaker bar. Right pocket for paper towel roll, first aid kit, 5 survival blankets, and ice scraper/snow brush (sticks out into footwell, secured by stuff in pocket).

So I went out to my car just to see.. and there's no hidden space.. it's all just open between the two compartments, so the question is why does whiskeyrunner not have access to the top? It must be as I said above, he/she must have a trunk liner of some sort.

Attachments

• IMG_3741.JPG
    IMG_3741.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 605
I found that once I had the WiFi password in my phone for one Tesla gallery, it's worked for every other gallery and Service Center I have visited.

Speaking of that sort of thing, I learned that as soon as my car gets close to a Service Center, it connects to the SC's WiFi and brings up a complete diagnostics screen with owner information, car stats, any trouble codes etc. before you even walk in the door. I mentioned to my wife how they always know my name whenever I drop in, and she said the car is probably doing something like this. I doubted it, but one time when I went in, the adviser turned the screen toward me to point something out and I saw it for myself. I asked and they said yep, the car starts streaming all of this stuff as soon as you're in the parking lot.

Speaking of that sort of thing, I learned that as soon as my car gets close to a Service Center, it connects to the SC's WiFi and brings up a complete diagnostics screen with owner information, car stats, any trouble codes etc. before you even walk in the door. I mentioned to my wife how they always know my name whenever I drop in, and she said the car is probably doing something like this. I doubted it, but one time when I went in, the adviser turned the screen toward me to point something out and I saw it for myself. I asked and they said yep, the car starts streaming all of this stuff as soon as you're in the parking lot.

Wow! Didn't know that. And all this time I thought the advisors were just good at guessing why I was bringing the car in.