Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my windshield got splashed, I instinctively pushed down gently on the right lever (which is how my Audi does a single wipe of the windshield). What I found is that this shifts the car into neutral. Maybe I was supposed to know that, but I hadn't read it anywhere.
Yup, same thing happened to me when I was pulling onto a busy street.
Just left a car wash and didn't realize what had caused it at first. Apparently newer Mercedes have the same steering column configuration as the Model S.

I have been keeping quarters in my drivers hand hold. There is no rattle, and I never end up touching the quarters. I haven't really noticed any sound when opening and closing the door.

My wife puts her mobile phone in the passenger side one when she is in the car. They are nice and deep and hold things well.

Could be handy for people going through tolls often. Or have to park on the street.

WP_20130226_002.jpg

I have been keeping quarters in my drivers hand hold. There is no rattle, and I never end up touching the quarters. I haven't really noticed any sound when opening and closing the door.

My wife puts her mobile phone in the passenger side one when she is in the car. They are nice and deep and hold things well.

Could be handy for people going through tolls often. Or have to park on the street.

View attachment 17308

That is where I put my cell phone too. It is easily accessible, secure and I never forget to take the phone when I leave the car.

View attachment 17308

ElSupreme, All -

I'm using this - about $9 on Amazon: Works really well and holds *a lot* of each coin type!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRO4IK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0641.jpg

Aaron

Been mentioned before elsewhere on this forum but should belong in this thread too: Signature Model S (I'm not sure about non-signature version) have a small compartment in the nosecone to hide contraband or access the 12v battery. I'm using this secret space to put my TollTag (instead of my windshield) but I haven't gone through the tollway yet and so I don't know if it will work or not.

ZnVPvwq3DgHC3VDJT41IIopL3-DB46GXSugEBeIB6og.jpeg

While playlists are not yet supported, if you mark songs on a USB stick as favorites, when you play one song from the Favorites list, when the song ends, the next song in the Fav list is played by alphabetical order.

ElSupreme, All -

I'm using this - about $9 on Amazon: Works really well and holds *a lot* of each coin type!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRO4IK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aaron

Heya Aaron, is that holder trim-able at the bottom? Could it be trimmed to fit low enough to close the armrest? That would be ideal in my opinion.

Also, I pulled the side panels and discovered that that cup holders are (sadly) an integral part of the center podium that the armrests are on. I had hoped to 'pop out' the cup holders and pop in something more like a box, but it doesn't look easy or even possible.

David

Heya Aaron, is that holder trim-able at the bottom? Could it be trimmed to fit low enough to close the armrest? That would be ideal in my opinion.

Also, I pulled the side panels and discovered that that cup holders are (sadly) an integral part of the center podium that the armrests are on. I had hoped to 'pop out' the cup holders and pop in something more like a box, but it doesn't look easy or even possible.

David

Not really, no...

Jeeps17

At that moment I was using both USB ports - 1 had the Sandisk slim 32gb USB flash drive in it (with my music library) and the other has a 500gb USB Hard drive attached - 2 separate music libraries (my S.O. is a huge music fan and has over 40,000 songs in our house music iMac - sourced for our Sonos system). All 40,000 tracks are on that hard drive with plenty of room for future music.

Since both USB ports were being used, I connected my USB charger to the aux power port. I like this charger better because it is 2 amps and can quick charge an iPhone and also charge an iPad. The Model S usb ports are low amperage and don't charge very fast!

Aaron