Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
interesting theory, my bro-in-law got his, ordered online a few days afterwards, but we haven't gotten ours yet, and we were in line on the day of the reveal.

Well, after much humming and hawing and what seemed like a lifetime, our gift came delivered today. It is what I expected, a thank you note from Elon. Also got the 8x10 but no additional goodie. Waited in line in Fremont the day of the reveal, was in and out before 10:30am.

Maybe after the part 2 reveal we will learn what else, if anything we may be getting. No worries thought, I'd rather they focus on finishing up the design and begin honing the manufacturing process for the model 3. With only a little over a year remaining, they need to do as much as they can in that time to tweak and refine the process so assembly and rollout goes as smoothly as possibly to keep bad press to a minimum.

I got mine today in the mail! Well, we got 4 total at our house (one for my sis, bro-in-law, and two for me). I knew something was off, since these 4 giant envelopes were sticking out of my mailbox.

I'm actually surprised why I still got 2 in my name, considering I canceled 1 of my reservations for a new Model S60 due for delivery this month. I canceled about 3 weeks ago. I wonder how quickly Tesla updates the 400K reservation list. I live in the Bay Area, so it obviously mailed on Monday or something to get to me.

Another great gift to go with these prints from the original launch events for the Model S and X. :cool:

View attachment 181469

View attachment 181470
Wow, could I bother you for a high resolution scan of those two prints? We ordered our model X back in 2013 and didn't receive anything like what we just got in the mail today for our Model 3 reservation. This was fantastic of Tesla to send this out to potential owners.

I got mine today in the mail! Well, we got 4 total at our house (one for my sis, bro-in-law, and two for me). I knew something was off, since these 4 giant envelopes were sticking out of my mailbox.

I'm actually surprised why I still got 2 in my name, considering I canceled 1 of my reservations for a new Model S60 due for delivery this month. I canceled about 3 weeks ago. I wonder how quickly Tesla updates the 400K reservation list. I live in the Bay Area, so it obviously mailed on Monday or something to get to me.

In regards to updating the reservation list for delivery of these gifts it doesn't seem that they did. I believe they shipped the gifts according to the initial reservations and addresses. For example I reserved my car at my current address but quickly changed my address when it showed in MyTesla to the address I know that I will be at when the car is delivered which will be different but I received the gift at the address I initially reserved with.

In regards to updating the reservation list for delivery of these gifts it doesn't seem that they did. I believe they shipped the gifts according to the initial reservations and addresses. For example I reserved my car at my current address but quickly changed my address when it showed in MyTesla to the address I know that I will be at when the car is delivered which will be different but I received the gift at the address I initially reserved with.

Yes, that makes sense. I guess the team in Palo Alto that sent out the gifts doesn't coordination with the sales team/whoever is managing the pre-order list.

I guess another aspect for me/family is that we waited in line the morning of 3/31 and reserved at about 10:30 AM PST (four originally, but now three).

I believe they shipped the gifts according to the initial reservations and addresses. For example I reserved my car at my current address but quickly changed my address when it showed in MyTesla to the address I know that I will be at when the car is delivered which will be different but I received the gift at the address I initially reserved with.
This does not match my experience. When I reserved the Tesla employee did an error in my address that I did update on MyTesla a few days later (I tried to do it the same day, but their servers seems to be working overtime for some strange reasons and did not accept my corrections ;) ). And the envelope I received to day was correctly addressed with the updated/corrected address.