Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts On "Pseudo-Badging"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting topic I'd like your input on: What are your thoughts on removal of original badging and replacing it with a pseudo-badge; e.g. replacing my "60" badge w/ a "P100D" badge.

Who are you trying to impress? Very few people in the general public, let alone the girls on the strip, know the difference between a 60 and a P100D. To most people, it's a Tesla, which is exotic enough.

If you're trying to impress your friends, that won't work either. If they know what a P100D is, they will realize what you've done the first time that they go for a ride. And then they will ridicule you.

Another fake badge ... :cool:

upload_2017-6-15_7-27-39.png

• Funny
Reactions: BluestarE3 and Max*
Maybe up badging will 'scare' off the young un's who want to race at the traffic light!;)

Here again, just driving a Tesla will do that. They aren't going to go around back to see what battery size you have. As one friend said, "There are no slow Teslas." True enough. What used to be a fast car is not fast anymore. My 90D will beat most every car in town. And no one will race a 60, just in case they didn't read it right.

There are different ways to interpret badging status. When we had a 2013 Model S, there was no battery size badging yet, so after a year or so there was some recognition of "oh, you're an early adopter!" As Tesla no longer makes a 60 Model S, I would suggest that the OP may want to consider the intent of the badging change, as a 60 may become less common. Also, if it's really a software limited 75, I think that implies a certain amount of thrift among other Tesla drivers (you can charge to 100% without fear, etc.). I guess it depends on how you want to present yourself.

Huge props to this future Model 3 owner. Bad picture, but I saw this in traffic the other day. Looks like a Honda Accord or something similar. Already secure personal plates with Model 3 and changed the emblem to tesla. You can read it but he also has Model 3 badging and under it a sticker reading current reservation holder.

Attachments

• IMG_2224.JPG
    IMG_2224.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 64