Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thread for the most minor of suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, since then I've given the Tesla app one last chance to not drain. my phone battery when location is set to always and not while using. Pretty much completely fixed my problems. And no change in battery drain.(before it was insane battery drain).

Do say more. Location access "always" drains your phone battery less than "while using"? Android?

Do say more. Location access "always" drains your phone battery less than "while using"? Android?
No, not less, just not any more. Before it would cut my battery life in half.

But also, just had a moment again where it wouldn't recognize that I was 2 ft from the car.

IDK. Wife was also in range, her phone still connected to bluetooth, so that could have been part of the problem.

I’d like the left scroll wheel long press alternative function to be latching or “sticky”. I have it set to wiper speed and when I long press the scroll wheel to allow for the scroll wheel to adjust the wiper speed I’d like it to stay in that mode until I long press again. This way I can adjust the wipers quickly and to my hearts content during the rainy season.

Tesla, please make a toggle in battery menu for "When at home location, set max state of charge to... " Second time in a row I come back from a roadtrip with some deep charges and just forget to reset my lower daily max charge so my car sits at 100% :(
Just did a similar thing. I generally check it every night, but last night I was so tired from the trip that I forgot. It’s sat around all day today at 86%. I know that’s not as big of a deal. But it’s a new tesla and I’m trying to do this one right. With my previous M3, I took the party line and charged 80% all the time. Trying to keep the overall state of charge lower on this car. Not off to a good start!

Just did a similar thing. I generally check it every night, but last night I was so tired from the trip that I forgot. It’s sat around all day today at 86%. I know that’s not as big of a deal. But it’s a new tesla and I’m trying to do this one right. With my previous M3, I took the party line and charged 80% all the time. Trying to keep the overall state of charge lower on this car. Not off to a good start!
If you have an iPhone you can use the Shortcuts app to create an automation that sets your charge limit back to your normal limit automatically. I'm sure Android probably has similar functions available as well.

I have mine set up to change the charge limit to my normal 55% every Sunday at 6:00pm. I used to have another one that prompted me to bump up the limit on Friday afternoon, but I eventually realized that I really don't need to do that as frequently as I originally thought so I turned that one off.

• Informative
Reactions: dansev
Adjust the number of lane change blinks. Three just seems too short to me.
Signal behaviour seems to have been changing a lot lately (even without updating.)

I'd think I was going insane but my husband noted it too. In his case the signals went super quiet (and I knew the solution from a TMC comment) but in my user profile there was no change in the volume. Go figure.

Lately (as in the past 2 weeks), the signals seem to be turning off more quickly after a turn. I wouldn't care except I have struggled with learning how to use the signals since getting the car (one-pedal driving - no problem to master in one drive, make a right-hand turn followed by a left hand turn, god help me manage it without looking drunk.) So now they turn off sooner and my muscle memory of 1. as I turn, signal again in the same direction to turn off the signal and 2. signal the new direction, is messed up because step 1 simply turns on the same signal again and step 2 turns off step one, leaving me not signaling at all.

For the first time in 3.5 years I drove another car last week and was concerned about forgetting I didn't have one-pedal drive. That wasn't an issue at all. More importantly, though, the signals reacted exactly as I expected. They weren't 'mushy', I always knew when I was just pulsing them or when I was turning them on (that's my continuing issue with the tesla) and the quick flip between right and left signals on my daily turns was brainless, I was through the turns before I realized I didn't have to think or double check what the car was doing.

While I've had great trouble 'learning' the signal behaviour on my tesla, that could be blamed on me, and one could tell me to simply adjust. The issue is that the behaviour of the signals themselves changes from time to time, sometimes with an update, and sometimes seemingly without, and sometimes it is a matter of which driving profile is selected. I've spent more time writing this post than I've ever spent thinking about the turn signal on any other car. And I have a traditional stalk, not the fancy new buttons that elon has hoisted upon people.

Did you suffer any adverse effects from the 80% charging?

Did you suffer any adverse effects from the 80% charging?
Hard to say. I had the 2019 M3 for 4 1/2 years and drove it 106,000 miles. The degradation was not bad, but it was there, and more than I wanted. The Stats app reported the car to have about 284 miles of range when I traded it in.

When I first got the car, I would charge immediately when getting home right up to 80%. I did that for about 2 1/2 years. Then I started learning more about it, and stopped doing that. When I traded the car in last month, it was still going strong, and I was happy with the battery. But with this brand new MY, I decided I really want to try my best to keep the state of charge low and get the absolute most possible range and life out of the battery.

Hard to say. I had the 2019 M3 for 4 1/2 years and drove it 106,000 miles. The degradation was not bad, but it was there, and more than I wanted. The Stats app reported the car to have about 284 miles of range when I traded it in.

When I first got the car, I would charge immediately when getting home right up to 80%. I did that for about 2 1/2 years. Then I started learning more about it, and stopped doing that. When I traded the car in last month, it was still going strong, and I was happy with the battery. But with this brand new MY, I decided I really want to try my best to keep the state of charge low and get the absolute most possible range and life out of the battery.
That doesn’t seem out of bounds for an almost 5 year old M3 with over 100k on it. It had to be a long range didn’t it? So you had better than 90% battery life.
What were you expecting it to be?

Why not just engage the auto cancel setting? You get as many flashes as you like
Tell me I'm wrong but when I tried it getting into a turn lane cancelled the signal, then I'd have to re-engage while in the turn lane. Now that you mention auto-cancel, better than number of blinks would be:

1. Half pull. Signal on until lane change (cancel)
  2. Full pull. Signal on until turn (cancel)
That's not how it works, right?

Tell me I'm wrong but when I tried it getting into a turn lane cancelled the signal, then I'd have to re-engage while in the turn lane. Now that you mention auto-cancel, better than number of blinks would be:

1. Half pull. Signal on until lane change (cancel)
  2. Full pull. Signal on until turn (cancel)
That's not how it works, right?
It cancels the turn signal based on your steering angle. I get into turn lanes on a daily basis and never have it cancel on me

It cancels the turn signal based on your steering angle. I get into turn lanes on a daily basis and never have it cancel on me
I don't think this is correct. Most cars work this way (which is why they generally have a 'half pull for 3 flashes' type feature) but the auto cancel in Teslas also takes in to account things like line markings on the road.

I don't think this is correct. Most cars work this way (which is why they generally have a 'half pull for 3 flashes' type feature) but the auto cancel in Teslas also takes in to account things like line markings on the road.

I just did it again today went into a right turn lane and rolled down to the traffic light with the signal still blinking. Later I came to a light and went into the left turn lane with same effect. I later went into a parking lot with zero lane markings, stopped at a stop sign, indicated to turn right, turned right and the flasher stopped after I made the turn.
Maybe it’s something of the order of the “fact” that it’s impossible to hit a Major League fastball yet every day during season dozens of players crush them.